Boudewijn

Jordan Howard 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

and I hope he keeps sticking to RBBC.  Personally, I think RBBC is not the worst thing in the world.  

I don't see why it wouldn't continue and I expect there will be some game depended situations where Howard ends up on the bench.  I do believe PHI can score a lot this year which should help keep Howard on the field, especially with leads. I'm really curious to see how their goal line situations stack up - I know PHI likes to toss in some pass catching backs every now and then to change things up.

4 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

and I hope he keeps sticking to RBBC.  Personally, I think RBBC is not the worst thing in the world.  

For real football and for the health of RBs (including their life after football), RBBC should be mandatory.

For Fantasy, I'm a greedy bastard.

• Like 1

In Pederson's three seasons coaching he hasn't had a RB finish in the top-24 in fantasy yet.  Maybe that's partially a lack of talent they've had at the position, maybe it's partially injuries, but mostly I think it's just in how he uses his RB's.  

He brings in Howard and says lots of good things about him, but they also spent a lot of draft capital on Sanders, plus they still have Clement, Smallwood, and Adams currently, who all got touches at points last year too.  I just don't see the volume being there for Howard.  Even last year when there were injuries nobody knew from game to game how Pederson would use the RB's!  One series he'd run Clement, next series he'd run Smallwood, next Adams.  One guy would look hot and then sit a few series out for some reason.  One game it looked like Clement was the guy, next week he ends up giving Smallwood or Adams more run.  Not a mess I want to be a part of.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, handyandy86 said:

In Pederson's three seasons coaching he hasn't had a RB finish in the top-24 in fantasy yet.  Maybe that's partially a lack of talent they've had at the position, maybe it's partially injuries, but mostly I think it's just in how he uses his RB's.  

Nah it's mostly a lack of talent. That is why I think Sanders rises to the top sooner or later this year.

• Like 1

Anyone else see they resigned sproles? He’s another year older and off an injury, but seemed pretty involved when healthy last year. 

On 7/19/2019 at 8:46 PM, bomont said:

Nah it's mostly a lack of talent. That is why I think Sanders rises to the top sooner or later this year.

I hope so, I just made a trade for Tyreek and Sanders was included. I also see Sanders coming out on top this year 

• Like 1

Too much wishful thinking. Still feels like a RBBC. I'll let someone else take the risk. DND

Is this guy going to be worth a roster spot or are we looking at a poor man's LeGarrette Blount?

4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Is this guy going to be worth a roster spot or are we looking at a poor man's LeGarrette Blount?

a Potter's Field LaGarrette Blount ... stick a fork in JoHo - he gone. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

M. Sanders please show Mr. Howard to the door. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Except...not quite. Howard is 24 years old (Blount was 31 last year). Howard posted a PFF rating of 68.9 compared to Blount's 45.8. Blount was miserable last year and wasn't even good in short yardage situations.

Peterson will rotate all of the RBs and Howard will be heavily involved. Including first cracks on the goal line.

1 minute ago, Ruut6 said:

Except...not quite. Howard is 24 years old (Blount was 31 last year). Howard posted a PFF rating of 68.9 compared to Blount's 45.8. Blount was miserable last year and wasn't even good in short yardage situations.

Peterson

will rotate all of the RBs and Howard will be heavily involved. Including first cracks on the goal line.

WHEN DID THEY HIRE THE SWITCH SWINGING FOO' TO BE HC??!???!?

man, go away for 2 minutes to take a whizz and the whole landscape changes - I LUV THIS GAME!!1!

Interesting breakdown from some dude on twitter showing that the Sanders hype maybe be overblown. I think Howard is probably the best back in Philly right now but it's a going to be a three way RBBC even if someone gets hurt they'll just swap in Clement.

11 minutes ago, AJ92 said:

Interesting breakdown from some dude on twitter showing that the Sanders hype maybe be overblown. I think Howard is probably the best back in Philly right now but it's a going to be a three way RBBC even if someone gets hurt they'll just swap in Clement.

Also worth reading Sanders graded out as the worst RB in Week 1 -> https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-1-quick-reads

But like I said the Eagles hate fantasy football. Which is why you see 36 year old 4'9 Darren Sproles getting so much rushing work. Alshon Jeffery getting goal line carries, and them having their injury prone franchise QB run 3 sneaks in one game.

So...how do we feel about this guy?

Is the Miles Sanders take over starting this week?  Or is Howard always going to be a little pesky thorn in his side?

Seems like without a goal line plunge, Howard is pretty useless.

Watch Howard get that work tonight. He's gonna look like a young Eddie Lacy out there tonight.

He’s only 50% owned, so given that it’s a Thursday game, perfect opportunity to pick him up now and see what happens. If he balls out, then you avoid the waiver fight. If he stinks, throw him back and pick up another flyer for Sunday. 

If they don't unleash him tonight then I lost all confidence. I still have a bunch but tonight answers everything.  He gives us our best chance to win atm and they can't lose this game. 

1 minute ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

If they don't unleash him tonight then I lost all confidence. I still have a bunch but tonight answers everything.  He gives us our best chance to win atm and they can't lose this game. 

It's going to be in the mid to high 70's at game time.   I wouldn't expect much from him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

It's going to be in the mid to high 70's at game time.   I wouldn't expect much from him. 

What does close to room temperature have anything to do with this? 

• Like 1

Just now, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Funny but he gives the eagles the best chance to win no matter the weather. 

Trust me guy...wait for the coldness

• Haha 1