Boudewijn

Jordan Howard 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Let's give DJax way more credit than that.  He is definitely more than a one trick pony but he certainly excels at stretching the field.  Guy could be the best slot WR on your team if used there.  Dude has a remarkable ability to run routes.  Again - respect. 

Exactly.  

With him being out they had to figure out a different way to keep the defense honest and guessing.  That helps Howard

Let's give JoHo some credit.  Dude was a beast for two years before getting Nagy'd.  Do we really think that he is that poor of a running back.  I remember being so hyped on JoHo last year that I was calling him a "league winner" blah blah blah.  Ya know what....he might be finding a niche and a home on a team that really appreciates his style of running.  I am totally sold on JoHo potentially being a big time performer the ROS.  I'm tempering expectations but I grabbed him where I could...I want to go on the JoHo Train. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Exactly.  

With him being out they had to figure out a different way to keep the defense honest and guessing.  That helps Howard

Not sure how Howard running well makes defenses guess more than when Sanders runs well. If anything, Sanders being a more dynamic runner/pass catcher would make defenses guess more. 

Howard simply got rewarded because Sanders was fumbling too much. I think you are trying to hard here. 

3 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Not sure how Howard running well makes defenses guess more than when Sanders runs well. If anything, Sanders being a more dynamic runner/pass catcher would make defenses guess more. 

Howard simply got rewarded because Sanders was fumbling too much. I think you are trying to hard here. 

I am not necessarily tracking either of you guys but I think you are both basically pointing to the same direction - PLAYACTION !!!!!

2 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

I think Howard gets rewarded because he is the more powerful back AND doesn't have the fumbling history.  Doesn't matter how or why, all that matters is that he is the red zone guy.  So more chances to score makes him more valuable than Sanders, even if Sanders would school him in a 40.

1 minute ago, CooL said:

I think Howard gets rewarded because he is the more powerful back AND doesn't have the fumbling history.  Doesn't matter how or why, all that matters is that he is the red zone guy.  So more chances to score makes him more valuable than Sanders, even if Sanders would school him in a 40.

My money is definitely on Howard this week, but Sanders is a few big plays away (and a few Howard mediocre runs up the middle for no gain) away from retaking control of this backfield. 

It's clearly a pretty fluid situation. I just think the notion that Howard brings this crazy new dimension to this offense with Djax out is not realistic. 

10 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

My money is definitely on Howard this week, but Sanders is a few big plays away (and a few Howard mediocre runs up the middle for no gain) away from retaking control of this backfield. 

It's clearly a pretty fluid situation. I just think the notion that Howard brings this crazy new dimension to this offense with Djax out is not realistic. 

Howard has made better reads every chance he gets. The narrative of him having a bunch of runs for no gain is dishonest. Howard makes better reads and rarely loses yards, evidenced by his 4.7 average yards per carry. Miles has made some bad reads so far and had some bad fumbles. Sanders had a giant hole last week and ran into his own lineman and fell down. It looked exactly like the infamous butt fumble but he didn't fumble. Sanders also has the tendency of trying to bounce things to the outside which has hurt him from time to time. There where a couple short yardage situations he could not capitalize on where Howard would have made a better read. 

1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

I have no need to try hard. I own neither. All I care about is for the Eagles to Win. Everyone is allowed their opinion . 

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I am not necessarily tracking either of you guys but I think you are both basically pointing to the same direction - PLAYACTION !!!!!

And RPOs. I said that already though. You may have missed it

1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

It's not about either back really. It's more about the eagles turning into a balanced team vs a pass happy team. Either RB can help keep it balanced. Just imo I prefer Howard for Real Life Football. 

The more I think about the situation there I’m now considering JoHo a bell cow moving forward. Too much success in a short time in the league. 3rd in rush yards since the beginning of 2016.The Philly staff has to of realized JoHo just got mismanaged by Nagy. The Eagles have SB aspirations and I believe between Howard beasting and Sproles for 3rd and long and hurry up/ 4 min O. I’m betting Sanders is going to be 3rd fiddle barring injury. The wideouts and TE are legit AF and so is Wentz. I think they found their blueprint for success having a litany of Pro Bowlers leading the way.  This is just one football fans perspective but after watching football for a lifetime it is becoming clearer every day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

And RPOs. I said that already though. You may have missed it

Probably missed it.  Are you the resident Eagles fan here?

• Like 1

3TD’s?😢, play as RB2/3 high risk..

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Probably missed it.  Are you the resident Eagles fan here?

Yeah lol

3 hours ago, Krambone said:

The more I think about the situation there I’m now considering JoHo a bell cow moving forward. Too much success in a short time in the league. 3rd in rush yards since the beginning of 2016.The Philly staff has to of realized JoHo just got mismanaged by Nagy. The Eagles have SB aspirations and I believe between Howard beasting and Sproles for 3rd and long and hurry up/ 4 min O. I’m betting Sanders is going to be 3rd fiddle barring injury. The wideouts and TE are legit AF and so is Wentz. I think they found their blueprint for success having a litany of Pro Bowlers leading the way.  This is just one football fans perspective but after watching football for a lifetime it is becoming clearer every day.

I hope your right.  

If Howard turns into a bell cow with that Oline .. just DAMN. Making me want to try to trade for him in all my leagues

1 minute ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I hope your right.  

If Howard turns into a bell cow with that Oline .. just DAMN. Making me want to try to trade for him in all my leagues

Unfortunately for us speculators - I don't think that there is anything that points in the direction of bellcow.  I think that Pederson is always going to be pushing a RBBC. 

Just now, dudewithabadcat said:

Unfortunately for us speculators - I don't think that there is anything that points in the direction of bellcow.  I think that Pederson is always going to be pushing a RBBC. 

You're probably right.  I just wish for once he'd just scrap the RBBC for a couple games just to see what the results are.  

20 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

You're probably right.  I just wish for once he'd just scrap the RBBC for a couple games just to see what the results are.  

I think we were all thinking that RBBC is probably the way forward.  But, RBBC is also a "hot hand" approach much of the time.  So....hopefully JoHo is the hot hand. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Interestingly enough, JoHo gets stronger with more touches. Look at week 2 and 3 when they lost. Very little Howard. Let’s face it without DJax in week 1 they lose that too. I honestly believe they know JoHo needs 20 touches. Get DJax back and maybe they scale back a smidge. But JoHo was looking better and better with more touches in his first 2 seasons in Chicago. I’m sure they looked in the mirror and were wondering why they were forcing Sanders the ball. If all the guys stay relatively healthy I’m seeing a 65/20/15 timeshare on snapcount but touches won’t be close. JoHo for comeback player of the year! 

• Thanks 1

With Sam Darnold out the eagles look to be up by a lot and have a lot of red zone opportunities for jHoward on Sunday , I can easily see him getting 18 touches this week and at least 1 td

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ryedog1987 said:

Miles Sanders show today fellas

How do you figure? Howard’s touches have increased every week so far while Sanders is losing more and more touches due to major ball security concerns ...... your a funny guy 

7 minutes ago, Brye said:

How do you figure? Howard’s touches have increased every week so far while Sanders is losing more and more touches due to major ball security concerns ...... your a funny guy 

My cat told me this morning Sanders was gonna go off

9 minutes ago, Brye said:

You figure because he owns Miles Sanders.  The rule of RW forums here: you speak it, it comes into existence.

I don't think you can ever start JH with confidence given the timeshare.  But he does appear to be the favorite for goal line work, he's running with power and purpose like we didn't see in the Nagy system, and the Eagles have the talent to be able to score.  In the unsettled landscape of very few workhorse backs, that's as good as anything to put him into your lineup.

• Like 1