Boudewijn

Jordan Howard 2019 Outlook

It’s a coin flip... I guess I could see the Eagles getting up, and then giving Sanders the work to build confidence and work on ball security. 

Or they could ride Howard up the gut the entire second half. 

Flip a coin and let me know... 

Fact is, Eagles want to use all their backs, and will try to keep them all involved. They might ride the hot hand, or they might stick to pregame planning unless fumbles happen. 

Fantasy RB’s are becoming harder to gauge every year. It’s becoming more luck to getting a good stable of rb’s, than it is research. 

Welp I'd say this guy is clearly better RB play every week, Sanders will have a few good games here and there, but Howard is the main man to have, low end RB2 or Solid Flex ROS

30 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Welp I'd say this guy is clearly better RB play every week, Sanders will have a few good games here and there, but Howard is the main man to have, low end RB2 or Solid Flex ROS

That is how I am looking at it.  I am just holding him in a 10team PPR league with 3 bench spots so everyone else has to scramble for this level of RB talent for their lineups

Great to hear.  He got out to a fantastic start, I think 3 carries for 21 yards and the TD.  But then disappeared it seemed for a long stretch of the game.  No catches was a little disappointing.  Sanders should move to the COP/3rd down guy and let old man Sproles fade away.

3 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

Coach agrees

Pederson loves the RBBC. I like that he's saying he wants Howard to get more touches but one has to be mindful that things could shift depending on game plan/flow.  I started Howard this week and will continue to start him but I would be lying if I said I still wasn't a bit concerned (mainly about snap % and usage).  I owned Howard during his time in CHI and I think we call all agree that Nagy totally missed used him at times last year and CHI's offense as a whole was pretty bad.

PHI is definitely a better fit for Howard but I do expect him to continue to share snaps with the other RBs.

Posted (edited)

How do people feel about him this week against Minn? I'm forced to start him with Mack on bye. Minn's defense looks scary but it's either him, McCoy or Ronald Jones. Feel like Howard has the best td upside and usage of them all.

Edited by WaiverLooter

Loving his outlook moving forward. 

Now if they'd only get rid of Sproles.  Dude is useless out there.  He does absolutely nothing when he touches the ball.

He's still a bit touchdown dependent but he's getting good volume. Prospect wise, I think he performs on par with someone like Derrick Henry rest of season but trade value wise, he could be had for much cheaper. A mid tier RB2. Would love to see some more catches. You have to think the tds are not going to regress in an offense like this.

Thoughts on him ROS? Hes been pretty solid and that schedule is real nice after the Bye & NE game. Is he an RB2? Does he lose more touches to Sanders? Im not a big fan of TD dependent players.

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

Thoughts on him ROS? Hes been pretty solid and that schedule is real nice after the Bye & NE game. Is he an RB2? Does he lose more touches to Sanders? Im not a big fan of TD dependent players.

Without any hope of a vertical threat for the near future, I think the offense you've seen the past two weeks is the offense they will employ moving forward.  What's interesting is that we have seen more Howard/Sanders joint backfield formations the last few weeks, and that has helped play to the strengths of each back.  I would be shocked to see this turn into a 50/50 or even 60/40 type share.   Howard is the perfect downfield fit for this run blocking scheme and should flirt with high end RB#2 numbers the rest of the year. 

After NE/Sea, the Eagles December schedule sets up incredibly well for Howard moving forward

Pretty much have to start him versus NE.

Dumb move or was NE's defense especially again the run finally exposed?

Honestly, I think he put up decent yards, maybe 60 or 70 total but don't count on a TD: the Pats had a bye to fix the "hole" in the run D

Projection: 14 pts (0.5 PPR)

Research: During a one-on-one interview with Eagles head coach Doug Pederson on Tuesday, he was asked if he could name the teams identity right now. The coach responded by saying “yeah I think so, from an offensive standpoint we want to be physical upfront and the running game has been something that has been a bright spot for us”. He also said “the run, play-action, and screen game are all things we kind of hang our hat on”. Based on those responses, it appears that the Eagles will be running the ball a lot more, which is good news for all Jordan Howard fantasy owners. However, it is noted that it appears Howard sustained a shoulder injury during Week 9’s win over the Bears, but was not held out of practice. This could allow for backup Miles Sanders to see some more touches this week against the patriots, who are currently ranked first against the run. Expect Howard to have a productive game in the high RB2 category range.

He’s practicing fully today. Plug him in as usual.

When did he get the stinger if he practiced full the other day?

22 hours ago, CooL said:

He’s practicing fully today. Plug him in as usual.

1 minute ago, Swinger said:

is this the Conner thread?

🤔

4 minutes ago, Swinger said:

In the game against the Bears, he will be fine. 

• Haha 1

So much confusing information today. He is very questionable, he’s on the practice field, he’s not cleared for contact, Jeffery will be out and Howard will see an uptick in work, he’s iffy, Ajayi in the building and he could play Sunday...just what exactly is it?

1 minute ago, CooL said:

So much confusing information today. He is very questionable, he’s on the practice field, he’s not cleared for contact, Jeffery will be out and Howard will see an uptick in work, he’s iffy, Ajayi in the building and he could play Sunday...just what exactly is it?

Dougie is notorious for misinfo ... but the Ajayi call bodes very ominous for Howard - it never had anything to do with Sproles, he's been either out or sparsely used all season ... ya don't call street meat of Ajayi's ilk to replace a scatback whose role had already been usurped by Sanders 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I just want to know if he’s playing or not. Went from questionable Wednesday to on track Thursday to even more questionable today with the Ajayi news. What’s the deal here...

The fact he is still not cleared for contact and noted as a limited participant today coupled with Ajayi signing points to Howard being OUT this week. 

10 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

I just want to know if he’s playing or not. Went from questionable Wednesday to on track Thursday to even more questionable today with the Ajayi news. What’s the deal here...

This.

Where the hell do I find another option this late?

How’s he gonna play on Sunday if he’s not yet cleared for contact? Lol. Listing him as questionable plus signing Ajayi all seems like it = out in this scenario.