Boudewijn

Tarik Cohen 2019 Outlook

My biggest concern is the development of Trubisky to manipulate the defense with his eyes. Stares down his receivers and it rarely seems to me that the games I watched he audibles into advantageous mismatches pre-snap. Of course that's just my opinion but I haven't heard much praise about his cerebral part of the game. Relies on his athletic ability to get him out of bad situations . Hit or miss results with that approach so far. Made some big plays but threw a lot of questionable balls killing drives. Giving him the benefit of the doubt because he hasn't gotten the game experience even in college so he is still learning on the fly. 2nd offense in two years so as he gets more comfortable I'd expect the game to slow down for him now that he's seen a lot more looks from the defenses and watched his mistakes in film sessions. 

How does that relate to Cohen ? Nagy can open up the playbook once he has more trust. Cohen can be utilized in more ways  a la Tyreek who also spends time dancing around behind the line on his runs looking for the home run. Cohen proved to be a capable runner but his value is in creating mismatches in space. Also I wonder if the Bears defense falls back a notch or two with the departure of Fangio. Might have to rely on the offense to put up more points.

1 hour ago, howlin' 2 said:

My biggest concern is the development of Trubisky to manipulate the defense with his eyes. Stares down his receivers and it rarely seems to me that the games I watched he audibles into advantageous mismatches pre-snap. Of course that's just my opinion but I haven't heard much praise about his cerebral part of the game. Relies on his athletic ability to get him out of bad situations . Hit or miss results with that approach so far. Made some big plays but threw a lot of questionable balls killing drives. Giving him the benefit of the doubt because he hasn't gotten the game experience even in college so he is still learning on the fly. 2nd offense in two years so as he gets more comfortable I'd expect the game to slow down for him now that he's seen a lot more looks from the defenses and watched his mistakes in film sessions. 

How does that relate to Cohen ? Nagy can open up the playbook once he has more trust. Cohen can be utilized in more ways  a la Tyreek who also spends time dancing around behind the line on his runs looking for the home run. Cohen proved to be a capable runner but his value is in creating mismatches in space. Also I wonder if the Bears defense falls back a notch or two with the departure of Fangio. Might have to rely on the offense to put up more points.

22 carries for 151 yards and 1 TD for Tyreek rushing!

More trust in cohen? Hes the best playmaker on this team and i think this is Nagy being too Nagy and outsmarting himself. "well they will expect me to give it to cohen so........ Ill give it to mizzell!!!! or fake to Mack and hand off to Gabriel!!!

Nagy is just dumb, hes trying to be too creative

ANNNND he thinks Trubisky is Mahomes

Edited by bhawks489

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

More trust in cohen? Hes the best playmaker on this team and i think this is Nagy being too Nagy and outsmarting himself. "well they will expect me to give it to cohen so........ Ill give it to mizzell!!!! or fake to Mack and hand off to Gabriel!!!

Nagy is just young, he's trying to be too creative.

fixed

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Nagy is just dumb, hes trying to be too creative

ANNNND he thinks Trubisky is Mahomes

Wasn't comparing totals, referring to style. Spreading out the formation is trusting Trubisky to read blitzes & coverage which he's still learning . Maybe he just never will.

agree that Nagy is like the current wave of coaches trying too hard to be a genius and be confounding to the other team . Usually just end up out smarting themselves. Guess they want it to be more about them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, psygolf said:

Nagy is just young, he's trying to be too creative.

fixed

More accurately, Nagy is trying to be Andy Reid. . .:lol:

6 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

Wasn't comparing totals, referring to style. Spreading out the formation is trusting Trubisky to read blitzes & coverage which he's still learning . Maybe he just never will.

agree that Nagy is like the current wave of coaches trying too hard to be a genius and be confounding to the other team . Usually just end up out smarting themselves. Guess they want it to be more about them.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with calling a play the defense expects and proving to them that they CAN'T STOP IT. . . . psychologically it screws with them.

13 hours ago, The 7th Beatles said:

He's no James Harden

He also plays a different sport