Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

27 minutes ago, duke8628 said:

This is literally my situation, with Josh Allen still on waivers.  I'm giving it one more week and going with Jameis.

If Josh Allen was on waivers I'd pick him up and drop Jameis. He was my starting QB when I won the ship last year lmao

6 minutes ago, collucho said:

If Josh Allen was on waivers I'd pick him up and drop Jameis. He was my starting QB when I won the ship last year lmao

Interesting to say the least lol. 

13 minutes ago, collucho said:

Just feel like dropping Jameis is an overreaction.  Too many quality weapons, (likely) positive passing game scripts, and a coach I still trust.

We'll see......

Just now, duke8628 said:

Just feel like dropping Jameis is an overreaction.  Too many quality weapons, (likely) positive passing game scripts, and a coach I still trust.

We'll see......

A coach can't stop him from making dumb throws, like he did several times last week...

2 minutes ago, duke8628 said:

We'll see......

He had just as many last year and he was so bad that Ryan Fitzpatrick almost stole his job. 

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

A coach can't stop him from making dumb throws, like he did several times last week...

Josh Allen had 4 turnovers last week........

My point is Jameis was drafted in the double digit rounds for a reason.  If he made smart throws he'd go in round 6-7 with all of that talent around him.  He he falls on his face tonight I'll consider it then.  Will see how it looks.

It is a short week and the Bucs, were able to do walk throughs only, but at least it is somewhat a short travel from Tampa to Charlotte. Panthers always seem to falter on short weeks. I wouldn't be shocked to see Winston bounce back with a 18 point game.

My take on Winston...

It is too early to totally give up on him after one bad week. You drafted him for a reason, while knowing he unfortunately throws up some stinkers.
So I wouldn't cut Winston just yet.
But in 1QB leagues, if you have another good QB with a good matchup, I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for benching Winston this week.
And in 2QB leagues (the situation I'm in), we pretty much have to just roll with Winston and hope for the best. 

I bet people who drop him are gonna be hoping to get him back for next week against the giants. I'd rather roll with Jameis for now then pickup another waiver qb without as much upside

1 minute ago, scheibler said:

I bet people who drop him are gonna be hoping to get him back for next week against the giants. I'd rather roll with Jameis for now then pickup another waiver qb without as much upside

Definitely need to stream this week but after tonight we will need to figure it out. 

It's telling that bucs pass catchers are still ranked high. The conundrum here is that if they're ranked high, why is Winston low? It's not possible- they are opposite and conflicting points.

If Jameis is a bust, then most likely all our bucs shares are major busts.

1 hour ago, oresteszero said:

A lot of people don't realize that dumb throws are sometimes beneficial for a Fantasy QB. I love when my QB throws a pick-6. He immediately gets the ball back after the kickoff, and it puts the rest of the game into a more pass friendly scheme assuming they are most likely losing from the defensive points scored by the other team.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ball So Hard said:

A lot of people don't realize that dumb throws are sometimes beneficial for a Fantasy QB. I love when my QB throws a pick-6. He immediately gets the ball back after the kickoff, and it puts the rest of the game into a more pass friendly scheme assuming they are most likely losing from the defensive points scored by the other team.

Agreed, it's just finding that sweet spot of a positive game script but not getting benched because he played so terrible, lol

1 hour ago, oresteszero said:

That seems to be exactly the definition of what a coaches job should be.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ball So Hard said:

I hope this was a joke.

If not, it doesn't really apply to Winston as the Bucs will almost always be playing from behind.  And they can't run the ball anyway.

The last thing I need with Winston is an int. deduction and in some leagues a pick six hit of -6.

I'm another guy that waited till late in the draft to take Jameis as my only QB. Even named my team "Words of Winston".

Dropped him yesterday for Josh Allen. Nothing worse than watching your QB lay a stinker on Thursday night.

5 minutes ago, Tribe Called Questionable said:

Keep in mind Winston plays the Giants next week on a long week.

Josh Allen plays the Giants this week. Doubt anybody is going to pickup Jameis off of waivers....too volatile. Might as well just stream QBs w/ good matchups at this point.

I’m throwing Winston out there against the Panthers tonight and benching Watson. I fully expect a bounce back explosion. Crazy? Maybe. Stupid? Absolutely. Thursday night prediction, 29/44 378 4 touchdowns 2 interceptions. Bucs win 38-24

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’m throwing Winston out there against the Panthers tonight and benching Watson. I fully expect a bounce back explosion. Crazy? Maybe. Stupid? Absolutely. Thursday night prediction, 29/44 378 4 touchdowns 2 interceptions. Bucs win 38-24

I'll just leave this here...

57 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

x2.   I like your thinking.   Classic win/win/win scenario

Winston had like 12 points week 1 last year and then scored 38 in week 2.

Still benching him for next week but he’s not a bad hold for another week or two to see how he improves under Arians. 

Cam had a bad week 1 the year he won MVP too. I’d give it at least another week before dropping Jameis

• Like 1