Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Just now, NBatum88 said:

Winston had like 12 points week 1 last year and then scored 38 in week 2.

 

Still benching him for next week but he’s not a bad hold for another week or two to see how he improves under Arians. 

 

Cam had a bad week 1 the year he won MVP too. I’d give it at least another week before dropping Jameis

Winston has proven to be too inconsistent.  We all know he can have a great game but then he can follow it up with a real stinker.  Not only that but he's missed a lot of games the last two years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do people even watch the games? OJ Howard legit volleyball tossed one up for a pick. Don't need bruce arians to "forgive him" for that one to see it wasn't his fault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alpine said:

Do people even watch the games? OJ Howard legit volleyball tossed one up for a pick. Don't need bruce arians to "forgive him" for that one to see it wasn't his fault

 

Yea that was very weird... perhaps the Bucs offense last week was an anomaly. Hopefully tonight they don't put up a stinker

Edited by jpark211

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, alpine said:

Do people even watch the games? OJ Howard legit volleyball tossed one up for a pick. Don't need bruce arians to "forgive him" for that one to see it wasn't his fault

 

Reminds me of people hating on Eli INTs for the same reason, vollyball tipped passes, WRs running wrong routes.

Lets eat a dUBYA tonight

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

 

Reminds me of people hating on Eli INTs for the same reason, vollyball tipped passes, WRs running wrong routes.

Lets eat a dUBYA tonight

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winston has some Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde to him for sure.  But he also has a lot of upside.  In favorable matchups Winston can really go off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

giphy.gif

man...he looks nuts...

but then again, so does Charles Manson

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

giphy.gif

 

Hey guys I can only throw ONE INT tonight, ok you see me, ONE INT just ONE

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

giphy.gif

 

“We’re only getting one touchdown tonight... you hear me?! ONE !!”

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday night football. On the road. Against a solid defense. This should go well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

 

“We’re only getting one touchdown tonight... you hear me?! ONE !!”

 

And its going to be a defense pick 6 on Cam, not an offensive TD.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rooting for this guy. I like underdogs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got this from Bobby Sylvester at Fantasy Pros.Personally I read too much of this stuff but had not thought about the flu angle and am going to roll with Winston.I might as well admit it I want confirmation to start Jameis so I have someone to watch tonightAlso I didn't realize TNF tended to be higher scoring(always thought the opposite) and don't have time to look it up.

 

Winston and the Bucs offense was sluggish last week against a mediocre 49ers defense, but much of that can be attributed to the fact that they were passing around the flu, which as you can imagine, would impact how well you can play football. Week 2 is a clean slate and while it isn’t the best matchup in the world, Winston does have the best trio of receiving weapons in Mike Evans Chris Godwin and O.J. Howard

 

. Add in the fact that Thursday games tend to be higher scoring and we should have a QB1 in fantasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would roll him out but I am rolling with Cam instead ensuring Jameis will ball tonight while sitting on my bench.  I guess your welcome!

Edited by jjbooda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fabrini said:

Just got this from Bobby Sylvester at Fantasy Pros.Personally I read too much of this stuff but had not thought about the flu angle and am going to roll with Winston.I might as well admit it I want confirmation to start Jameis so I have someone to watch tonightAlso I didn't realize TNF tended to be higher scoring(always thought the opposite) and don't have time to look it up.

 

Winston and the Bucs offense was sluggish last week against a mediocre 49ers defense, but much of that can be attributed to the fact that they were passing around the flu, which as you can imagine, would impact how well you can play football. Week 2 is a clean slate and while it isn’t the best matchup in the world, Winston does have the best trio of receiving weapons in Mike Evans Chris Godwin and O.J. Howard

 

. Add in the fact that Thursday games tend to be higher scoring and we should have a QB1 in fantasy.

Your last line caught my eye...as many people seem to think that Thursday Night Football is terrible for fantasy. I was taking a look at all of the results from TNF 2018 and there are many good-to-great fantasy performances. Hopefully it'll work out for Winston tonight.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Your last line caught my eye...as many people seem to think that Thursday Night Football is terrible for fantasy. I was taking a look at all of the results from TNF 2018 and there are many good-to-great fantasy performances. Hopefully it'll work out for Winston tonight.

Thank you Godfather :D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea on this guy. 10-15 points would not suprise me. Neither would 30. He just has so many weapons.  How are Carolinas corners this year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, STEVEfromLA said:

Dis I just see that right. It’s raining in NC for the game? If so I think I’ll go Josh Allen. 

They said its just passing through and should be good for kickoff. The radar just showed one area right over the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...