Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

34 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Should have had an INT last night...threw one right to Kuechly and he dropped an easy one.

What?  Did you actually see the play or read about it somewhere?

missed out on a 3 touchdown night. Misses by Perriman and Evans, but it is a move in the right direction. Giants with 10 days to prep then onto the rams saints and panthers again. Could be a decent stretch for some shootouts.

7 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

What?  Did you actually see the play or read about it somewhere?

Really? 

If you need a replay, here you go.  A guy like Kuechly makes this play 9 out of 10 times.  Underthrown ball that should have been a pick.

He actually played pretty good, Bershard Perriman dropped an easy touchdown my god that dude is horrendous shouldn't even see the field.. Mike Evans also didn't make the greatest effort for a catchable ball in the end zone as well. Far from a fan of his but he played a solid game.

17 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Really? 

If you need a replay, here you go.  A guy like Kuechly makes this play 9 out of 10 times.  Underthrown ball that should have been a pick.

Well since you're putting Winston under the microscope, I may be wrong here, but it looks like his throwing arm got contacted before the pass resulting in the pass being under-thrown?  

40 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Really? 

So now you’ve shown that you’ve seen the play.  Still sticking with that being an easy play for Kuechly or that it was straight to Kuechly?

Edited by Bronco Billy

38 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Really? 

Gerald McCoy also got called for a unnecessary roughness penalty on the play, though I'm not sure if that would have been 15 yards after the INT had Keuchly picked it.

While that wasn't a great ball, his arm was definitely hit by the pass rusher that through things off. There are dropped INT's every week, I'm sure most other fantasy QB's don't have them debated at nauseam like Jameis does.

1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

Really? 

Well if you are going to cherry pick, Winston could've had 2 more touchdowns if Perriman and Evans each make 1 more catch respectively. 

I feel like Charlie Brown approaching the football, but all the hype about this being a blowup week might have be ready to bite. I feel ever so close to falling flat on my back though...

24 minutes ago, altmin said:

I feel like Charlie Brown approaching the football, but all the hype about this being a blowup week might have be ready to bite. I feel ever so close to falling flat on my back though...

As a person who is similarly approaching the edge of the bridge and starting to climb over the railing....... someone please help talk us off the ledge of starting Winston again. HELP!!!

• Haha 1

If you own Winston, this is a week to start him. I will. If you don’t trust him in a matchup against the Giants, he shouldn’t be on your roster. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

2 Wrs ranked in the top 12 this week...do the math. 

Isn't this what we said about the matchup against the 49ers?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

*Hopefully* the difference this week, will be that many people figured the 49ers would be mediocre, but they aren't. Week 1 is always full of surprises.
Here in Week 3, we've already seen that the Giants look terrible in 2019.
I still have my fingers crossed nonetheless...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

If you own Winston, this is a week to start him. I will. If you don’t trust him in a matchup against the Giants, he shouldn’t be on your roster. 

Well I don't own Winston; I own Mayfield and Stafford and that's my problem, someone will have to go. Trying to keep this out of Assistant Coach forum territory though and am not looking for specific advice. Just kind of checking the temperature of the water for everyone else - seeing if others are buying into the hype for this particular matchup.

Edited by altmin

6 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

The big difference in that game was an ill Evans being ineffective. He should have his way with Jenkins this week. Godwin has been great both games so far. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

Awesome...so THIS is the week.   Firing him up with confidence.  Honestly, if you offered me 15 points guaranteed vs whatever he actually puts up, I'll be happy with the 15. 

13 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Awesome...so THIS is the week.   Firing him up with confidence.  Honestly, if you offered me 15 points guaranteed vs whatever he actually puts up, I'll be happy with the 15. 

lol, problem being is 5 might be his floor again.....

40 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

My thoughts exactly.  I have him in both of my leagues and will be starting him over Goff as my 2nd QB in my 2 QB (benched for Josh Allen in the other).  If he does not show well on a long week against the Giants then it is time to free up the roster spot I think. 

16 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

lol, problem being is 5 might be his floor again.....

Sure. 

It's been frustrating because I'm willing to throw away that first game.  And then, in the second game, I'm kind of giving him mental credit for a couple of good TD throws that the WR didn't catch. 

It's a dangerous game to play...rationalizing these bad games and hanging on to him.   But with all the QB injuries, there just aren't any options I like better. 

Honestly, I think he'll be fine this season.  Probably not the top 12 guy I hoped for but serviceability. 

With two QB's still to play tonight, Winston currently stands as a Top 5 QB for Week 3. I show him as the #3 QB in one of my leagues, and #5 in another. It should've been enough for a team win as well, as he made a great long pass to Evans with the game on the line, setting them up for an easy FG to win the game (but the kicker missed it).

Watching the game, Winston's one INT was ugly, but he also made several excellent throws throughout. I just wish Arians didn't dial things back in the second half, as he took his foot off the gas with the passing game...and it cost the Bucs the game and cost Winston from having an even bigger fantasy day. But ultimately, we can't complain about a Top 5 week with 380 passing yards, 3 TD's and only 1 turnover.

• Like 3

This is the 2nd straight game that Arians/Leftwich has gone ultra-conservative in the 2nd half with a lead. In Charlotte last week, the Panthers probably should've won that game if not for McCaffrey getting stuffed on an awful trick play call on 4th and goal, and yesterday it obviously costed him again. I watched the whole game yesterday, Jameis looked great, throwing dime after dime to Evans. I'm hoping now that Arians learns that being aggressive all game will give his team the best chance to win.

• Like 1

Yeah Arians needs to stay aggressive later into games, was a lot of very nice throws by Winston this week.

Not trying to look ahead too much, but at the Rams next Sun is scary. They befuddled Baker last night with exotic zone packages and blitzing.

This division is suddenly winnable, but Arians has been blowing it. Arians is looking like more of the bust than Winston at this point...

Solid game from Winston, but it was also against a terrible secondary. I’m scared of him on the road against the Rams, so will likely be on my bench again. It’s between him and Allen as my QB2 in my 2QB league and I’m less scared of Allen at home against the Pats than Winston on the road at the Rams.

Edited by gufomel