Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

On 9/29/2019 at 10:45 PM, miasma16 said:

Jameis has had plenty of games like this, the second you actually start him in fantasy he lays an egg. He's already done it this year. Fantasy points don't matter, fantasy points that are actually in your lineup matter. Jameis doesn't give you those consistently. 

I don't count the first few weeks of fantasy especially when there's a new OC. If I remember correctly. It took the last QB in Bruce Arian's Offense roughly 3 to 4 weeks to figure it out. I'm also noticing a run game developing with RoJo. They no longer have a WR1 and WR2. They legitimately have TWO WR1's now. All the weapons are there. Of course Jamis can drop a dude. It's possible. But I think we will see more ups than downs this season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jclee4 said:

I don't count the first few weeks of fantasy especially when there's a new OC. If I remember correctly. It took the last QB in Bruce Arian's Offense roughly 3 to 4 weeks to figure it out. I'm also noticing a run game developing with RoJo. They no longer have a WR1 and WR2. They legitimately have TWO WR1's now. All the weapons are there. Of course Jamis can drop a dude. It's possible. But I think we will see more ups than downs this season.

Agreed,I bought in with TB this year drafting Winston,RoJo and Howard.Got off to a rough start since our league is -6 for a pick 6 but remained patient.Hoping this last game was the indication they're figuring it out and was a glimpse of things to come.

Tough tough matchup v. New Orleans on tap.  Dak and the Cowboys could do nothing against that Saints D.  Note of caution for Winston in week 5?

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Tough tough matchup v. New Orleans on tap.  Dak and the Cowboys could do nothing against that Saints D.  Note of caution for Winston in week 5?

They’re not that tough. The previous 3 weeks opposing QBs put up very good to awesome weeks, watson, goff, wilson. Just a lousy game for Dallas. 

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Tougher than most think but the way he's playing, you gotta roll with the hot hand. State of QB seems crappy enough that his upside is worth chasing

Likely rolling with Beef Briskett over Jameis this week but if he puts up solid numbers again in NO, I'm full steam ahead for the rest of the year. That place is going to be shaking with the division lead up for grabs.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, savagenatn said:

They’re not that tough. The previous 3 weeks opposing QBs put up very good to awesome weeks, watson, goff, wilson. Just a lousy game for Dallas. 

To your point, these are the ranks I show for QB's against New Orleans so far...

--Week 1: Watson #6 QB
--Week 2: Goff #10 QB
--Week 3: Wilson #1 QB (which was also the #1 performance for any QB so far this season)
--Week 4: Dak #24 QB

So they've allowed three QB1 performances so far this season. 

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Dak had virtually no one reliable to throw to outside of Cooper and Elliott. They really miss Gallup. 

Evans, Godwin >>> Cooper, Cobb, Witten, etc.

• Like 4

Per ESPN, NOLA DEF is #30 v QB and #27 v WRs.

This is something to be worried about??  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

can't believe im relying on winston again. this time, seems to be different with bruce. fool me 3 times...

Figures the week I trust him... looks like crap. Lucky for garbage time but looks like Carolina at home should be a good matchup

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Figures the week I trust him... looks like crap. Lucky for garbage time but looks like Carolina at home should be a good matchup

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

That game is in London at 9:30 am next week. Tempted to start him as there could be a lot of points put up in that game, but something about Jameis in London just sounds like one of his ugly 3 INT games..

16 hours ago, Olliemets said:

That game is in London at 9:30 am next week. Tempted to start him as there could be a lot of points put up in that game, but something about Jameis in London just sounds like one of his ugly 3 INT games..

Yeah...sounds like a bad comedy movie.   Jameis Goes to London.

He's going spend all week trying to find a translation dictionary.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Still starting next week. Car got shredded by a rookie. Don't care that jameis mustered 17 in garbage time. Sticking with em

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fantastic. With Jameis already missing the right side of his brain, this is concerning.

Edited by gufomel

Yeesh, no idea if these injured Lineman played and how much versus Saints, but that entire line got their lunch handed to them...maybe the backups are an upgrade, but that is likely way too optimistic.

Not a bad outing.

Worried about him vs Carolina again. 

Of course, worry about Carolina caused me to bench Chark in 2 leagues.

I regret that decision. 

And London games leads to weird stuff...

No idea what to make of it

This rollercoaster is maddening as usual...

Bench him and he goes off, start him and he mostly goes off the rails...

Lineman missing and London angle killing me but not really a great backup plan unless I unleash the Janitor errr Gardener vs the Saints mostly stingy defense...

Watching Winston is painful most of the time so sitting thru the whole early London game to himself on my tv is a recipe for a crummy fantasy Sunday getting off on the wrong foot...

Maybe the police will locate Mike Evans after someone sees him on the "Have you seen me" flyer & he will actually be in the game this Sunday to help Winston get some stats...

3 minutes ago, General Gannicus said:

Lineman missing and London angle killing me but not really a great backup plan unless I unleash the Janitor errr Gardener vs the Saints mostly stingy defense...

Watching Winston is painful most of the time so sitting thru the whole early London game to himself on my tv is a recipe for a crummy fantasy Sunday getting off on the wrong foot...

Maybe the police will locate Mike Evans after someone sees him on the "Have you seen me" flyer & he will actually be in the game this Sunday to help Winston get some stats...

What are the alternatives? Bridgewater @ Jax? Sheesh. Talk about probably low-scoring.

Kyle Allen? Yuck

Daniel Jones against NWE? Yeah no.

Cousins against Eagles is intriguing but you don't know what you're gonna get

Datlon vs. Baltimore...he stinks in divisional games

You could gamble Flacco against titans, but again who knows? 

Going down with the Winston ship this week...your mileage may vary depending on league size and settings. I'm in 1 QB 12 team league. 4 PT tds...so I mean it's not like QBs are that crazy different 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Not a bad outing.

Worried about him vs Carolina again. 

Of course, worry about Carolina caused me to bench Chark in 2 leagues.

I regret that decision. 

And London games leads to weird stuff...

No idea what to make of it

All defensive bets are off in London. I think Bucs bounce back a bit, and Winston's in for a high floor game, maybe not ceiling, but won't kill you 

1 hour ago, General Gannicus said:

Dropped him, don't want to deal with this mess . Exactly as you said, you'll bench him when he goes off and he'll choke when you start him. Crazy high ceiling that's what most folks are enamored with , I feel like your chasing points with this dude sometimes. No thanks , have enough headaches choosing my starting lineup every week 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Dropped him, don't want to deal with this mess . Exactly as you said, you'll bench him when he goes off and he'll choke when you start him. Crazy high ceiling that's what most folks are enamored with , I feel like your chasing points with this dude sometimes. No thanks , have enough headaches choosing my starting lineup every week 

Damn you dropped him?? Who is your starting QB now? Who were you able to pickup? Just curious.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I have him on a team. Problem is I am not starting him every game because with him you generally still need to play the matchups. Like if he could link up with Evans on the days I start him it would be fantastic, like last game. I should have sat him but my opponent had Godwin going so needed to make sure if he caught firs again it wouldn't hurt too bad. I really think the back half of the season will be a lot better for him. Once he understands the Arians offense better. I don't think he's dumb like a lot of people seem to believe. He's made poor choices in life and on the field at times but he's got brains if he'll use them. You don't get admitted to Stanford for being an idiot.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Thanks 1