Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, n4sa said:

I'm going to say this in the nicest way I possibly can.

Jameis Winston is the biggest piece of s--- in fantasy football. Fantasy apps have a do not drop list, they should add a do not add list just for this bum.

5 interceptions and a fumble

I can't wait to drop this loser so after the bye my opponent can pick him up where he scores 40+ fantasy points against me

he still managed to outscore people like Goff, Jones and Minshew in my league. so much upside, but SO much downside.

This guy is terrible. 6 turnovers? Give me a freaking break. I think I’d rather have Sam Darnold. 

• Thanks 1

The worst part is that I'm a Evans and godwin owner and no doubt that a QB change would be disastrous for their value. The WRS are valuable but Winston is not...? Gotta be a first in fantasy history. I wonder if it's ever happened that his two wrs today combined for 250 yards and a 2 pt conversion but the QB failed to be a qb1 for the week

The whole D@@M team sucked.  Not just Winston.  Evans dropping two potential TDs, not giving full effort on several other throws resulting in a couple INTs.  Punt returner fumbled the ball twice on two returns in a row.  I can't even remember the name of the other WR that had butter fingers nearly fumbling the ball twice after two catches.    

I'm going to go on record and say Winston will bounce back.  He's not going to get benched.  They will let him play it out for ROS IMHO.  

And their schedule has done them no favors.  How did the Superbowl champs get such a cream-puff schedule? 

But I digress.  I know I'm in the large minority here but there were a few QBs who have looked pretty bad.  Thank goodness I hedged my bet with Winston and have another QB on my roster to start ROS if necessary.  

Edited by theSPANKER

37 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

The whole D@@M team sucked.  Not just Winston.  Evans dropping two potential TDs, not giving full effort on several other throws resulting in a couple INTs.  Punt returner fumbled the ball twice on two returns in a row.  I can't even remember the name of the other WR that had butter fingers nearly fumbling the ball twice after two catches.    

I'm going to go on record and say Winston will bounce back.  He's not going to get benched.  They will let him play it out for ROS IMHO.  

And their schedule has done them no favors.  How did the Superbowl champs get such a cream-puff schedule? 

But I digress.  I know I'm in the large minority here but there were a few QBs who have looked pretty bad.  Thank goodness I hedged my bet with Winston and have another QB on my roster to start ROS if necessary.  

You do know that the schedule is based on playing division: Pats play the NFC east, AFC north and the first play finishing teams in the other two AFC divisions...It's rotates year to year: it simply amazes me that people do not understand this...

To keep this thread on track: never been a fan of Winston, bye week fill in at best for me as my league penalizes turnovers pretty high 

• Thanks 1

The Pats schedule is ridiculously easy this year, as it has been for most years.  They are basically set up to have one difficult playoff game to get to the Super Bowl every year, and that game is usually in Foxboro.  

As for Winston, he could have had a much bigger game if Evans holds on to those two TDs he threw.  Winston is a guy who has arm talent but he needs to improve his pocket awareness.

• Like 1

-18 for 6 turnovers,thankfully our league awards a 5 pt bonus for a 400 yard game :D

That said as of this morning he is still the #10 QB in our league scoring,Rodgers and/or Stafford or both could pass him tonight but it's going to take big games to do so.

If Mike Evans can hold on to just 1 of the 2 easy long TDs that hit his hands, Winston is a top 10 QB this week even with 6 turnovers.

Winston is the fantasy anomaly. You can be a terrible real life QB and still be a good fantasy QB.

Bad defense + no running game = garbage fantasy points.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2019 at 5:23 PM, WaiverLooter said:

I would also venture to say besides the top 6 qbs so far this year in Lamar Jackson, Wilson, Watson, Mahomes, Prescott, and Ryan, Winston is as good of an option as any. Last year, his 4 INTs game would kill you for that week and risk a benching the next. However, this year, he has cut down on his turnovers and his replacement has left town. So there are definitely positives in that regard.

This post aged badly in a span of a week.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Cleanface said:

Wish I would have started him over Goff.

Crazy world where you wish you'd started a guy with 6 turnovers, but here we are.  I am sharing your misery this morning, brother.

• Like 1

If his floor is 14 points (in my 6td scoring league, no bonuses) then I tend to look at this as more of a positive. Now, if he gets 7 turnovers next week, all bets are off....

43 minutes ago, kball09 said:

If his floor is 14 points (in my 6td scoring league, no bonuses) then I tend to look at this as more of a positive. Now, if he gets 7 turnovers next week, all bets are off....

I guarantee you that Winston will not turn the ball over next week.

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I guarantee you that Winston will not turn the ball over next week.

So, you are saying Winston can't turn over the ball during a bye week? I'll take that bet. 😆

Edited by Newtown
  • Haha 2

Just depends on your league setting and what else is out there.  Brees is owned, and many other QBs worse than Winston in my league.  I will probably hold onto him and play him in his easy (Atlanta) matchups.

With all the turnovers he still produced 18.10 in my 6pt TD league.  Give me those two 2TDs Evans should have caught and he has 30 points!!!! 

30 Points with 6 turnovers for pete's sake!  No way is he a drop.  Rage drop him at your peril. Not all the INTs were his fault.  If he just cleans up half of the turnovers per Arians he'll be just fine:

(Rotoworld) Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians said Jameis Winston has a "habit of trying to be Superman."

Analysis: Winston threw for 400 yards Sunday in London but hamstrung the offense with his six turnovers including a career-worst five interceptions. Arians said he told Winston to "throw the damn ball away" while lamenting the quarterback's affinity for hero ball. "Youre not going to beat anybody with seven turnovers," said Arians, referring to Winston's six giveaways and another by Bobo Wilson, who coughed up a fumble in the loss to Carolina. "You've got to protect the football," Winston agreed. "I can't have that happen." Through six weeks, only Cleveland's Baker Mayfield (11) has thrown more picks than Winston (10).

Edited by theSPANKER

Maybe it’s time for turnovers to hurt more in scoring settings.

Who’s with me?

Probably not me.

Jameis gonna Jameis.

Single handedly preserving his fantasy value through garbage time scenarios he himself created.

• Haha 2

-1 in our league for INT.  4 pt TD.

He had 19.4 total

Edited by Cleanface

The only thing I like about him is he gets the ball often to Evans/Godwin....and the other teams defense.     

3 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

With all the turnovers he still produced 18.10 in my 6pt TD league.  Give me those two 2TDs Evans should have caught and he has 30 points!!!! 

30 Points with 6 turnovers for pete's sake!  No way is he a drop.  Rage drop him at your peril. Not all the INTs were his fault.  If he just cleans up half of the turnovers per Arians he'll be just fine:

(Rotoworld) Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians said Jameis Winston has a "habit of trying to be Superman."

Analysis: Winston threw for 400 yards Sunday in London but hamstrung the offense with his six turnovers including a career-worst five interceptions. Arians said he told Winston to "throw the damn ball away" while lamenting the quarterback's affinity for hero ball. "Youre not going to beat anybody with seven turnovers," said Arians, referring to Winston's six giveaways and another by Bobo Wilson, who coughed up a fumble in the loss to Carolina. "You've got to protect the football," Winston agreed. "I can't have that happen." Through six weeks, only Cleveland's Baker Mayfield (11) has thrown more picks than Winston (10).

Oh man he could have had 30 points if he didn't turn the ball over 6 times!