Boudewijn

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

He’s going to need Janes Washington to be his JuJu. That’s what’s going to have to happen. Otherwise, JuJu will be a better version of Tyler Boyd. I have no doubt he can be comparable to AB, he needs help. The best part of the night was the history lesson on his name. That was the only highlight of the night.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports JuJu Smith-Schuster (toe) is "expected to be fine" for Week 2.

Smith-Schuster needed X-rays after injuring his toe late in the fourth quarter, but they came back negative. It's great news for a Steelers offense that couldn't get anything going in Week 1.

So, this offense though.  That was one of the most pathetic performances I've seen in some time by any team.  Drops all over the field.  Ben likely has no confidence in his new receiving corp.  The positive side, it can't get worse😭

Actually Ben wasn’t looking that great anyway & it’s good that McDonald had a nice game. Juju is a stud, but he still needs somebody else to be a threat. Rudolph looks like he has a lot of potential so I’m not too worried right now

• Like 1

He got that steeler media hype. People saying he’s better than AJ Green. He’s killing me rn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

Actually Ben wasn’t looking that great anyway & it’s good that McDonald had a nice game. Juju is a stud, but he still needs somebody else to be a threat. Rudolph looks like he has a lot of potential so I’m not too worried right now

You should be.  Rudolph would be no bueno for JuJu just like Bridgewater for MT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

The key words are “right now”. Trying to remain positive 

Well, I suppose this would be a good time to discuss what a significant injury to Ben means for JuJu.

I think it's a hit to JuJu's value for sure to have Rudolph in there instead of Ben. I do think Rudolph is perfectly capable of running the PIT offense & he can definitely sling it so JuJu will get his even if it's through sheer volume. 

27 minutes ago, Semitar said:

Well, I suppose this would be a good time to discuss what a significant injury to Ben means for JuJu.

no more short passes to Ryan Switzer... phewwww

Juju's targets were all coming in from Mason Rudolph... Prior to that, it was the Ryan Switzer show.

Out of 8 Juju's targets,  5 was from Rudolph

Out of 4 Switzer's targets, 1 was from Rudolph

Edited by Szer0
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Rudolph is gonna be much better than Bilgewater ... Hill will be the qb for the Saints by third qtr this coming Sunday in Seattle. 

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Rudolph is gonna be much better than Bilgewater ... Hill will be the qb for the Saints by third qtr this coming Sunday in Seattle. 

Long Live the King, taysom hill, who can run, catch, and throw

• Thanks 1

Pittsburgh Offense in total train wreck mode, sell now unfortunately, no AB, no good🤢.

Have these average showings from Juju been more telling of his inabilities as a number 1 receiver (not getting open, dropping passes) or has it been more on Ben looking completely awful out there?

I have no idea whether to sell or hold. Feel that he will still have big games this season because of volume, but I doubt the consistency will be there, as well as the big 40+ yard touch down ability. I'm completely on the fence. The league's I have him, I don't want to sell for 80 cents on the dollar (whatever it might be), and in the league's I don't I can't decide if he's a good buy low candidate right now while owners of his are panicking. 

Holding. I think Ben getting hurt actually helps JuJu. JuJu is an elite talent, that hasn't changed. Who sells low? Not me. On top of all that It's not like he is throwing up eggs each week. 11/162 in two games and is avg 13.5 a game in PPR and hasn't hit the house yet. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Not sure about that, even though Rudolph certainly looked better.

1. We’ve actually seen Bridgewater be a passable NFL QB

2. I trust Sean Payton to create a productive offensive scheme around Bridgewater more than Tomlin around Rudolph

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Holding. I think Ben getting hurt actually helps JuJu. JuJu is an elite talent, that hasn't changed. Who sells low? Not me. On top of all that It's not like he is throwing up eggs each week. 11/162 in two games and is avg 13.5 a game in PPR and hasn't hit the house yet. 

I have no idea how you talked yourself into that.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I think Ben getting hurt actually helps JuJu.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read in this entire thread

11 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Not sure about that, even though Rudolph certainly looked better.

1. We’ve actually seen Bridgewater be a passable NFL QB

2. I trust Sean Payton to create a productive offensive scheme around Bridgewater more than Tomlin around Rudolph

While this isn't a Bridgewater thread:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Szer0 said:

While this isn't a Bridgewater thread:

not only that, but Bilgewater's "deep" ball range is roughly 12 yds.

anyways, back to JuJu, think this Rudolph kid has some sack and swagger ... don't think this is gonna be the graveyard type of sitch it was for AB those previous years when Ben went down. 

• Like 1