Boudewijn

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

10 minutes ago, cs3 said:

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read in this entire thread

What's ridiculous about it? The kid behind him is an unknown and Ben's arm looked old and soft prior to the injury. Selling JuJu now is a bad idea. 

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

not only that, but Bilgewater's "deep" ball range is roughly 12 yds.

anyways, back to JuJu, think this Rudolph kid has some sack and swagger ... don't think this is gonna be the graveyard type of sitch it was for AB those previous years when Ben went down. 

Exactly, people act like Rudolph is some bum. He's not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

He has the name for a stud QB. You ever hear the name of a QB and just think "yeah that's not a QB name".

Mason Rudolph is a QB name. Teddy Bridgewater, Ryan Leaf, Drew Stanton. Those aren't QB names. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Ben isnt going to retire. He wants 1 more. So 2021 they win it all with Shazier making his return

• Thanks 1

I'm really not sweating the loss of Ben... first year QBs have a tendency to lock into their WR1 hard.  Look at what Kyler Murray is doing with Fitz

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Ben isnt going to retire. He wants 1 more. So 2021 they win it all with Shazier making his return

Lol, he can want one more until the cows come home. Not a chance he gets close. 

I saw more from Mason and JuJu in one half, then I saw of Ben and JuJu in the last game and a half....🤷‍♂️

Does that mean anything? Probably not. Although that was my first thought. I will play him in hopes for garbage time, and target volume.

• Like 1

Rudolph was a gun slinger at OK St if anyone actually watched him in college. I expect a lot of security blanket throws to Vance and long throws to Juju.

1 minute ago, phisouza33 said:

Lol, he can want one more until the cows come home. Not a chance he gets close. 

You underestimate the Rooney’s

Finally freeing us from 

1.) Montcrief getting 10 targets over Juju

2.) Switzer getting the same amount of targets as Juju before his injury.

The quality of the YPA will drop off, but extra volume wouldn't hurt a bit

17 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Ben officially out for the season. Probably to retire after this year. The Mason to JuJu connection is now. 

RIP WR1 😭

He's Brandin Cooks now. Boom/bust WR2.

Edited by ponchsox

6 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

He's Brandin Cooks now. Boom/bust WR2.

I'd prefer Cooks over him at this point.  I would move him down around 12 slots in the WR pecking order (he's not been lighting the world on fire anyway) until we see what we have here.

He still is going to be a top wr. Rudolph has an arm and Juju still had a decent game. It would be ridiculous to sell this man right now. Thet have the 49ers, bengals, dolphins in the next 5 weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

What's ridiculous about it? The kid behind him is an unknown and Ben's arm looked old and soft prior to the injury. Selling JuJu now is a bad idea. 

It's reasonable to say that Rudolph wont hurt JuJu as much as people think but once you say JuJu may be better off with Rudolph, a 2nd year 3rd round pick, than Big Ben it becomes ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

He still is going to be a top wr. Rudolph has an arm and Juju still had a decent game. It would be ridiculous to sell this man right now. Thet have the 49ers, bengals, dolphins in the next 5 weeks.

I don't know what your definition of "top" is but I agree that it's a bad time to sell.   I think 7 for 70 is a pretty reasonable expectation with some touchdowns here or there.  It's not what I drafted him for but that's solid WR production.  Unless I'm getting a solid player I can start right now, I'm not trading him. 

1 hour ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

He’s inexperienced but he’s not useless. Next week will be tough at SF, but this kid has skills. Strong arm & mobility. Wasn’t his fault they lost yesterday. Juju is gonna have some good days with Rudolph. The PIT future is now with these young kids

1 hour ago, cs3 said:

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read in this entire thread

Why is it ridiculous? Ben looked like garbage these past 2 weeks. They could force feed JuJu. JuJu was also participating in plays were he was the deep wr. He can't be any worse than he has been. He has not been producing WR 1 numbers. High end WR 2 imo.

4 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Who's even the backup for Ben?

Kordell Stewart

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Who's even the backup for Ben?

Mason Rudolph, and he's not to shabby