Boudewijn

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

Pray...How do you get hurt at the Pro Bowl!?

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

Pray...How do you get hurt at the Pro Bowl!?

is it his acl?

On 1/13/2019 at 9:32 AM, petekrum said:

Juju will beast next year, but the guy smart owners will be jumping on is Washington or whoever steps up and takes that WR2 role.

if AB leaves.... which i ultimetly doubt

On 1/11/2019 at 9:46 AM, Zak0221 said:

Juju gonna either be even bigger monster 120-130 catches OR he struggles to reach 80 catches 

Gonna be quite a 2nd round pick for some owner.  Likely Juju will be forced upon someone after Hill, Odell, JJ, Hopkins and Thomas come off the board.  After those 5 are gone all the other WR1s are very close with AB a question mark of his own. 

Why do people ALWAYS skip over CAPT RODGERS WR1 Adams?  :lol:

He has arguably the highest weekly floor and the best passing QB in the NFL.

I like juju more withAB as the alpha wr as he gets the weaker defenders but I  can't argue his potential volume with AB gone

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 6:24 AM, dashoe said:

Why do people ALWAYS skip over CAPT RODGERS WR1 Adams?  :lol:

He has arguably the highest weekly floor and the best passing QB in the NFL.

I like juju more withAB as the alpha wr as he gets the weaker defenders but I  can't argue his potential volume with AB gone

Davante definitely doesn't get the appreciation he deserves.  Particularly since, with Nelson leaving and Cobb and Graham kinda useless, it's not much of a mystery who Rodgers is targeting. 

I think JJSS will be fine either with Brown or without. 

18 hours ago, ReplacementLevelPoster said:

I think JJSS will be fine either with Brown or without. 

I also think he will be finde either way, but (especially if AB is gone) his ADP will be way too high for a guy who will be fine.

It's certainly unknown how good the offense will be without Bell and AB.

3 hours ago, thebadferret said:

I also think he will be finde either way, but (especially if AB is gone) his ADP will be way too high for a guy who will be fine.

It's certainly unknown how good the offense will be without Bell and AB.

You just rated JJ as a top 20 pick & ahead of AB in the AB’19 thread...did your account get hacked?

On 1.2.2019 at 4:26 PM, psygolf said:

You just rated JJ as a top 20 pick & ahead of AB in the AB’19 thread...did your account get hacked?

You know. JJ as in Julio Jones (regarding my AB thread post).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

You know. JJ as in Julio Jones (regarding my AB thread post).

Oops...yes, there is that guy.

• Like 1

I saw the RW dynasty guy tweet out that his Feb dynasty ADP has climbed to number 12-overall...

Obviously before today's AB tweet...this guy is gonna inherit that sweet PIT #1 WR role and just get peppered.

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I saw the RW dynasty guy tweet out that his Feb dynasty ADP has climbed to number 12-overall...

Obviously before today's AB tweet...this guy is gonna inherit that sweet PIT #1 WR role and just get peppered.

I'd maybe settle down and remember Ben has just a handful of years left. 

Don’t think JuJu gains anything from Brown leaving. Don’t think he loses anything either. He’ll get similar targets imo, have tougher coverage, but more red zone looks and have gotten a bit better than last year himself. All a wash. 1300+- yds, 10+- TDs. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elroypedro said:

Don’t think JuJu gains anything from Brown leaving. Don’t think he loses anything either. He’ll get similar targets imo, have tougher coverage, but more red zone looks and have gotten a bit better than last year himself. All a wash. 1300+- yds, 10+- TDs. 

I'd go a step further and say he will take a step back. We will see exactly when the season begins, but it depends on the other pass catchers the browns will have beside him next year.

On 2/12/2019 at 8:10 PM, elroypedro said:

On 2/13/2019 at 3:41 AM, thebadferret said:

I'd go a step further and say he will take a step back. We will see exactly when the season begins, but it depends on the other pass catchers the browns will have beside him next year.

Not sure why people think JuJu will regress if AB leaves PIT.  He will definitely see more targets (team will be losing 168 from 2018 AB).  Also, it's a small sample size but he's played very well in games that AB has been knocked out or missed (2017 week 15 - 6 rec 110 yds 0 TD, week 16 - 6 rec 75 yds 1 TD, week 17 - 7 rec 143 yds 1 TD, 2018 week 17 - 5 rec 37 yds 1 TD) 

Opportunity (increase in targets) + Talent (JuJu a great and ascending player) = big things for 2019.  At this point, the only guys I would definitely rank over him are Tyreek and DeAndre.  Obviously could change my mind and push guys like Devante, Michael Thomas, OBJ, AB, or Julio above but for now, No.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:37 PM, Lord_Varys said:

I'd maybe settle down and remember Ben has just a handful of years left. 

...just want to point out that a "handful of years left," essentially reads as, a handful of years left with which to help me win a FFBall title. I'll take "just a handful of years" with Ben throwing to JuJu B)

Even though I only play in keeper/dynasty formats, I don't know about you, but I play to win now, every time. I basically work within a 1-2yr window. I put no stock in what a player will be 3 years down the road, outside of researching contracts prior to trading for said player. In re-draft, it would be even easier to avoid said player if a window has closed.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Even though I only play in keeper/dynasty formats, I don't know about you, but I play to win now, every time

I'm drafting Evans over Julio in Dynasty cuz of age reasons.  It's something you have to consider.  Thomas and Kamara owners are going to be sad when Brees retires in 2 years and they'll wish they had Evans or Chubb instead.

I agree with what you’ve stated, ie: planning ahead, but didn’t feel the type of examples you’ve given needed mention as they are obvious. I was referring to passing on a top tier WR because his QB only has a handful of years left, and how I’d take that plunge easy, and deal with the examples you’ve given when I reach that crossroad (and I’ve cashed that 1st place check.) B)

Yes, being proactive, and not reactionary is key. 

ps: and being a trade whore helps in that regard :P

19 hours ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Not sure why people think JuJu will regress if AB leaves PIT.  He will definitely see more targets (team will be losing 168 from 2018 AB).  

Because how many more targets can JuJu absorb? I’ll posit that his target share won’t go up at all. Brown had 168, but JuJu had 166, which was only 7 short of the league leader. 

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Because how many more targets can JuJu absorb? I’ll posit that his target share won’t go up at all. Brown had 168, but JuJu had 166, which was only 7 short of the league leader. 

How many of AB's targets were because  Ben had to throw it ot him to keep him happy?.

I have a feeling if AB leaves big ben is going to do a lot of spreading the ball around to the open pass catcher.

juju should still benefit as the WR1 in terms of target volume

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 5:09 PM, J.T. Marlin said:

Not sure why people think JuJu will regress if AB leaves PIT.  He will definitely see more targets (team will be losing 168 from 2018 AB).  Also, it's a small sample size but he's played very well in games that AB has been knocked out or missed (2017 week 15 - 6 rec 110 yds 0 TD, week 16 - 6 rec 75 yds 1 TD, week 17 - 7 rec 143 yds 1 TD, 2018 week 17 - 5 rec 37 yds 1 TD) 

Opportunity (increase in targets) + Talent (JuJu a great and ascending player) = big things for 2019.  At this point, the only guys I would definitely rank over him are Tyreek and DeAndre.  Obviously could change my mind and push guys like Devante, Michael Thomas, OBJ, AB, or Julio above but for now, No.

Id easily take Adams over him. Juju hasn't seen #1 CBs yet.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:10 PM, elroypedro said:

Same. Expect similar numbers and his ADP to skyrocket.

I don't see his receptions going down. Maybe a tiny bit but he's already a PPR monster.

I can see his yards going down but only 7 TDs last year could easily be double digits now to offset it. Ben's TDs have to go somewhere. 

Where is his ADP gonna skyrocket to?  Won't touch the Adams Hopkins Hill tier.  Maybe slide into Thomas Julio range, which is fine cuz that's where he finished in 18.

Edit: Correction he was 15 points behind those two in half ppr. Deserves to be drafted behind them anyways. 

Edited by Lord_Varys

On 2/24/2019 at 9:37 AM, Lord_Varys said:

I don't see his receptions going down. Maybe a tiny bit but he's already a PPR monster.

I can see his yards going down but only 7 TDs last year could easily be double digits now to offset it. Ben's TDs have to go somewhere. 

Where is his ADP gonna skyrocket to?  Won't touch the Adams Hopkins Hill tier.  Maybe slide into Thomas Julio range, which is fine cuz that's where he finished in 18.

Edit: Correction he was 15 points behind those two in half ppr. Deserves to be drafted behind them anyways. 

I'm seeing 2.05, right next to Tyreek. I guess it has already skyrocketed.

15 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I'm seeing 2.05, right next to Tyreek. I guess it has already skyrocketed.

Yeah, that's silly, I agree.  I'm guessing it winds up something like this:

(Hopkins, Adams, Tyreek), (Thomas, Julio), (Beckham, Juju, AB, Evans)