Boudewijn

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Guess it’s fire sale time? I may look at the Tyreek owner and see how desperate they are.

Better hurry, looks like Tyreek will be back in a week or 2

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dakimbell said:

Please tell me someone who has over 2100 posts on these forums didn’t really just drop Juju in a 12 team league? I mean give me a break, what a terrible and stupid move. If you were just joking apologies in advance

My apologies, just benched him for Chark. Hoping that game was  somewhat of a fluke. Targets aren’t there tho, 5-20 in Rudolph’s starts, one long TD catch/run. 

5 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Guess it’s fire sale time? I may look at the Tyreek owner and see how desperate they are.

The Tyreek owner who's held on to him this long so he can trade him for JuJu?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

He is too good/has too much potential to just drop....and yet situation and performance equals he is not good enough to start.

One of the things that makes ya hate fantasy football.

We need to sell him while he stay has value. He won't be getting much targets or looks downfield on this offense

Lol, you serious Clark? 

• Haha 1

I  tried to trade him last week but no one took the bait. Tbh this guy may be droppable due to his situation

• Thanks 1

As a Tyreek owner.... GTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFO!

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, K197040 said:

The Tyreek owner who's held on to him this long so he can trade him for JuJu?

Reek owner in my Juju league is in last place. We still don't know the timeline for his return and this guy is looking for warm bodies at the WR position since he lost Mike Williams and also took AJ Green. Guess context matters. This may not apply to every single league. 

Edited by kidsgotsoul

It is officially time to panic.  Juju was seen at the end of the game smiling and talking on the sidelines.  But I wonder how long it will be before he complains.  It looked like he went over to Rudolph who was sitting on the bench, Rudolph looked up and said (I'm guessing, I'm not a lip reader) "Hey sorry, bro, I'm just taking what the defense gives me.  I'll get you next time!"

Rudolph was 24 for 28 for 229 yards, but he had just 95 air yards and aDOT of 3.4 yards is where I read somewhere.  That is pathetic.  The 3.4 would be even worse if not for the wide open TD to Dionte Johnson where the Bengals decided not to cover him. 

• Thanks 1

I am not panicking. At least Rudolph looked fairly competent, and they may open it up more for him going forward. Still, JuJu can make plenty of points outta the slot on short passes--esp if the game scripts flip. Johnson also looks the part of a capable #2 threat perhaps? He def is not the #1 WR I was signing up for, but he can still be a solid #2.

19 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

You massively overreacted if you benched Juju for any of those guys this week. Did any of them even eat double digits? Lmao. 

You were saying... yup JuJu is now a wr5

23 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

We need to sell him while he stay has value. He won't be getting much targets or looks downfield on this offense

What value? Maybe for a handcuff RB in a 16 team league...

People might try to pursue a Hopkins for an upside stat recovery player, but that is a whole other level of potential. Juju is trending down however. I mean good luck to you; it's not like I didn't look through teams to trade him, but I can't even see our most foolish owners working out a deal.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Let's see in 0.5 prr. 

Moore 5.9 pts

Hardman -0.1 pts

Brown 4.2 pts

Fuller 3.8 pts

Wow you really showed them! 

Now show me what JuJu did. Yeah he’s on par with my other guys. Brutal. The difference between JuJu and the other WR on my team is my other wr they actually have a chance to boom. JuJu is a bust due to his garbage QB and coach. And the Steelers suck but looked okay against a worse Cincy team.

3 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Now show me what JuJu did. Yeah he’s on par with my other guys. Brutal. The difference between JuJu and the other WR on my team is my other wr they actually have a chance to boom. JuJu is a bust due to his garbage QB and coach. And the Steelers suck but looked okay against a worse Cincy team.

source.gif

Are we even sure this guy is an elite talent, or is he essentially an Alvin Harper type?  You will recall that Harper had maybe the best situation of any WR ever: he was the WR2 with Hall of Famer Michael Irvin drawing all the attention.  Emmitt Smith required eight-man boxes, and the ball was delivered by HOF QB Troy Aikman.  Juju broke out with a great running game and Antonio Brown taking the attention off him... plus he had Big Ben airing it out.  

This guy's ceiling in years to come without that perfect situation might be something like WR15/WR20.  Nothing to sneeze at, but his best seasons may already be behind him, because I don't see him ever coming across such a perfect setup again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Are we even sure this guy is an elite talent, or is he essentially an Alvin Harper type?  You will recall that Harper had maybe the best situation of any WR ever: he was the WR2 with Hall of Famer Michael Irvin drawing all the attention.  Emmitt Smith required eight-man boxes, and the ball was delivered by HOF QB Troy Aikman.  Juju broke out with a great running game and Antonio Brown taking the attention off him... plus he had Big Ben airing it out.  

This guy's ceiling in years to come without that perfect situation might be something like WR15/WR20.  Nothing to sneeze at, but his best seasons may already be behind him, because I don't see him ever coming across such a perfect setup again.

Seems to be everybody’s take, but I’m not buying it. JuJu is a playmaker(see week 3). Problem is you can’t make plays when the ball isn’t even coming your way.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

Seems to be everybody’s take, but I’m not buying it. JuJu is a playmaker(see week 3). Problem is you can’t make plays when the ball isn’t even coming your way.

Your take is my take. Regardless, it makes him fantasy trash.

Edited by FitzMagic

5 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

My concern in drafting him was that he might not be an elite talent.   But I was assuming he'd get 8-10 quality targets per game.  

48 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Reek owner in my Juju league is in last place. We still don't know the timeline for his return and this guy is looking for warm bodies at the WR position since he lost Mike Williams and also took AJ Green. Guess context matters. This may not apply to every single league. 

Gotcha.  And good luck.

I don't know your league like you do but I'm thinking if he hasn't traded Hill and Green yet, he's just weathering the storm and hoping those guys come back and go off.   As it stands, there's plenty of WR on the WW that can fill a hole for a game or two.   Given JuJu's production.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Krambone said:

You were saying... yup JuJu is now a wr5

I’d say top 30 WR3. Great player that should get the ball. Hoping last night was an anomaly.