Boudewijn

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

JuJu is game script dependent:

With Steelers lead at halftime: 7.7 HPPR PPG

With Steelers behind at halftime: 11.9 HPPR PPG

I think this year JuJu is hurt by the emergence of the Steelers defense. Once they get a lead they take the ball out of Masons hands, run down the clock and end the game, which they've generally been able to do oitside of the Ravens and Seahawks.

9 minutes ago, genya said:

JuJu is game script dependent:

With Steelers lead at halftime: 7.7 HPPR PPG

With Steelers behind at halftime: 11.9 HPPR PPG

I think this year JuJu is hurt by the emergence of the Steelers defense. Once they get a lead they take the ball out of Masons hands, run down the clock and end the game, which they've generally been able to do oitside of the Ravens and Seahawks.

Yup and it’s not like he’s getting quality targets from Big Ben to support him. 

24 minutes ago, DoYourJob said:

Ramsey will be all over him. Definitely a sit this week.

Nah, Ramsey doesn't roll to the slot ever and JuJu has been running 65%+ of his routes from there.

I drafted JuJu with the first pick of round 2, then "stacked" him with Roethlisberger later in the draft. That injury feels like it's taken down two fantasy players. Painful.
I still believe in his talent though, I think of him as a cross-your-fingers WR2 with the potential to put up 3 point duds like last week. But WR2 may be optimistic... does he hold more fantasy value than someone like D.J. Moore at this point? Yikes. 

21 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Nah, Ramsey doesn't roll to the slot ever and JuJu has been running 65%+ of his routes from there.

Roby- Coleman is the Rams slot guy and he's been pretty good. That being said knowing how this all works with all signs pointing to a poor day from Juju due to QB, targets, matchup, etc. He'll probably go off for 100+ and a TD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Roby- Coleman is the Rams slot guy and he's been pretty good. That being said knowing how this all works with all signs pointing to a poor day from Juju due to QB, targets, matchup, etc. He'll probably go off for 100+ and a TD

Yeah man, simply because he's a really good player as well.

A solid outside bet for a monstrous rac TD or to be open a lot on short/intermediate routes and see a lot of volume because of it.

I'm gonna play him in a deep league, I'm gonna bench him in a shallow league where my options are Adams, Pascal and J Brown. In truth I wouldn't mind slotting him in for Pascal or Brown as I feel like any combination of the four would give me a strong enough floor to gamble on a boom/bust type.

That's how I'd play Juju this week if I were others. Do you need the floor or can you afford to gamble on the ceiling?

2 hours ago, fjthegrey said:

Yeah man, simply because he's a really good player as well.

A solid outside bet for a monstrous rac TD or to be open a lot on short/intermediate routes and see a lot of volume because of it.

I'm gonna play him in a deep league, I'm gonna bench him in a shallow league where my options are Adams, Pascal and J Brown. In truth I wouldn't mind slotting him in for Pascal or Brown as I feel like any combination of the four would give me a strong enough floor to gamble on a boom/bust type.

That's how I'd play Juju this week if I were others. Do you need the floor or can you afford to gamble on the ceiling?

He is a talented player, just not a fan of Rudolph has he spends all game checking down to the RBs. Like you said though given his talent and ability he could break a big one or end up like last week, all about if you can handle the risk

Late week add to injury report is never good

Edited by ColoWrex

ooofff ... not that he was gonna blow up here anyways-

dat Rams D might pull a 30 spot Sunday 🤔

• Thanks 1

James White was added last Friday with a toe as well, he played his regular amount and scored a TD.  Juju hasn't missed any time with this "nagging" toe injury, he should be expected to play

Edited by abachar

Looks like a 4th reason to not play juju!

1) QB/situation

2) bad matchup

3) other safer options

4) risk of missing time or not being his best self

Hes still worth a throw in if you don’t have a Pascal or Parker or have bye issues because he can still make great plays and the Rams should score a bit and force the Steelers to play offense, but this has the looks of an ugly game imo. I don’t want any pieces except Kupp and the RBs and Dst/Ks

Hate to say, but I'm thinking about benching him for the first time this season.  Boom or bust low end WR3 against LA.  In my case, I would be going with Golden Tate instead.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, aapox said:

Looks like a 4th reason to not play juju!

1) QB/situation

2) bad matchup

3) other safer options

4) risk of missing time or not being his best self

Hes still worth a throw in if you don’t have a Pascal or Parker or have bye issues because he can still make great plays and the Rams should score a bit and force the Steelers to play offense, but this has the looks of an ugly game imo. I don’t want any pieces except Kupp and the RBs and Dst/Ks

Whole situation is a dumpster 🔥..Rudolph #1 reason to sit.💀

2 hours ago, esprits4s said:

Hate to say, but I'm thinking about benching him for the first time this season.  Boom or bust low end WR3 against LA.  In my case, I would be going with Golden Tate instead.

That would be a no-brainer for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, esprits4s said:

Made the same decision yesterday 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Easy sit this week ROS. 

When and where is he going to do anything - against anyone? He has his built-in toe excuse now - see you next year.

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

When and where is he going to do anything - against anyone? He has his built-in toe excuse now - see you next year.

That might be going too far.  He has had some decent games, not draft value, but WR2 range.  He could still have value, just not this week.  After the Rams, the Steelers have a nice schedule which is why their defense is a hot commodity.  JuJu could be back in WR2 land for the next few weeks.

This is not a new injury and there are no reports of an aggravation. Likely just some extra rest and they had to list something. I completely understand why people are deuces...I simply have no alternatives with my lone share being a 16 teamer and Fuller still down. Though I am optimistic his talents will still produce better than what is now being expected. 

Edited by ST. STEVEN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

This is not a new injury and there are no reports of an aggravation. Likely just some extra rest and they had to list something. I completely understand why people are deuces...I simply have no alternatives with my lone share being a 16 teamer and Fuller still down. Though I am optimistic his talents will still produce better than what is now being expected. 

I hope so. A lot of the times even when I sit a player for a bad matchup or tough circumstances I want to see how they do as a confidence meter moving forward. Hopefully he gets some good production for your game. It’s just hard not to be scared after last week,  but the rams have given up some WR production so it’s possible he has a good game. Plus, he’s juju, he got game.