Boudewijn

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, Mmiller186 said:

Safe to drop? I keep getting to the drop screen and hesitate to accept.  I'm sure I will be relieved afterwards just hard to imagine dropping my 2nd round pick. 

Kind of depends on league size and who you’re dropping him for doesn’t it? I still have him in a 12 team because I’m just not seeing someone. 10 team it’s likely much easier to let go. 

• Like 1

Same.. [...] I can't see the pass game changing anytime soon (unless Diontae misses games)

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

He’ll be better once he has Kaepernick throwing to him

• Like 1

I was very hesitant to drop but with THIS NEWS:  On the same play he suffered a concussion against the Browns, Steelers’ WR JuJu Smith-Schuster also injured his knee and now Pittsburgh is uncertain whether he will be able to play Sunday at Cincinnati, per league sources. Steelers WR Diontae Johnson also nursing a concussion.

Good riddance.  

47 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

I was very hesitant to drop but with THIS NEWS:  On the same play he suffered a concussion against the Browns, Steelers’ WR JuJu Smith-Schuster also injured his knee and now Pittsburgh is uncertain whether he will be able to play Sunday at Cincinnati, per league sources. Steelers WR Diontae Johnson also nursing a concussion.

Good riddance.  

Very easy drop now

I'm pretty sure I'm dropping him too, y'all. Makes me so sad, but I can't afford to be holding him and Hooper with other roster needs and Hooper being the far-less-replaceable player on Waiver... *sheds a tear*

6 minutes ago, mi26 said:

droppable?

I'm sitting here trying to find a way to not drop Juju, but I know there isn't one. I will drop him by the end of the day, or maybe tomorrow.

Think about it this way..if everything goes right, is he that much more than a waiver-level WR? Maybe week 14 or 16, but that's a long way away. The potential upside of a handcuff like Mattison, or injured player like Hooper is higher, imo.

SO SAD!

5 minutes ago, mi26 said:

droppable?

Easily.  I know it sucks... dropping your 2nd round pick but Mason has killed his value plus the defense being solid and keeping them in games hasnt helped.

Just now, crazyfingers711 said:

I dropped him for Darius Slayton.  Check out his playoff schedule.  Plus, being 8-3 helps.  

Just looked, he's owned in my league.  Damn guys are so competitive they pick up everyone.  That's why I'm thinking I pick up Mecole this week expecting Hill to be out next week but, JuJu>Hardman and Hardman is pretty boom/bust.  But JuJu probably won't even sniff my lineup.  Might take him.

I dropped him. Rudolph is a bottom 3 QB in the league, and saps all of JuJu's value. He might have one or two decent games from here, but I don't want to guess when because his floor is terribly low. 

Prayers that duck will feed JuJu next week if he’s healthy? I know he’s not very good, but he’s not Mason Rudolph so there’s some hope. 

2 hours ago, Deke said:

Prayers that duck will feed JuJu next week if he’s healthy? I know he’s not very good, but he’s not Mason Rudolph so there’s some hope. 

The last time Duck plays... It was all Conner... 

On 11/20/2019 at 5:02 PM, crazyfingers711 said:

It's way too hard to trust this guy with his QB.  He's just not getting any targets.  

Whomever that QB might  be.

27 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster (concussion) cleared the league's protocol.

Nov 27, 2019, 3:23 PM
  •  

Maybe now we'll find out what is going on with his knee.  I haven't seen anything other than that he is wearing a brace.

6 hours ago, esprits4s said:

Maybe now we'll find out what is going on with his knee.  I haven't seen anything other than that he is wearing a brace.

The problem with his knee as I see it, is that it has Devlin Hodges throwing to it.

JuJu is unstartable until further notice imho.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wayzupusc said:

The problem with his knee as I see it, is that it has Devlin Hodges throwing to it.

JuJu is unstartable until further notice imho.

Hodges > Rudolph. If he’s “healthy” his stock is up right now. 

2 minutes ago, Deke said:

Hodges > Rudolph. If he’s “healthy” his stock is up right now. 

I like Hodges. As PIT fan, been hoping he'd get a look even if Rudolph didn't get hurt....or whatever the real reason is he's not starting.

But if Hodges were better than Rudolph, he'd have beaten both Rudolph and Dobbs out for backup to Ben duties before/during/after the pre-season. He didn't.

If JuJu stock is up cuz Hodges is starting, it's only cuz it was zero which it essentially was. Unstartable imho, healthy (which he's not) or no.

Duck is taking chances down the field which bodes well for JuJu.  Hopefully he returns next week.  If he starts next week I may roll him out.