Boudewijn

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

15 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

100/1400/12 seems like a lofty goal. Antonio brown never got 1400 yards and 12 TDs in the same season. Not saying that this isnt doable but the best wr in football never did it. 

Edit: AB did it once in 2014

You forgot to factor in the seasons that AB did not play 16 games.

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

You forgot to factor in the seasons that AB did not play 16 games.

Good point. But this means we have to assume juju doesnt miss a game. And ya know what they say about assuming. 

21 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Good point. But this means we have to assume juju doesnt miss a game. And ya know what they say about assuming. 

I also think that stat line assumes Big Ben plays all 16, which is a big assumption.

3 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

I don’t recall anyone saying that 1400/12td projection for juju had nothing to do with 16 games.

6 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I don’t recall anyone saying that 1400/12td projection for juju had nothing to do with 16 games.

So you recall ppl saying it has something to do with 16 games? Sorry I'm a little confused. Wasnt a very good english student.

But all I'm saying is 100/1400/12 season has a of variables.

1) it's a rare feat. Just getting 1400/12 is hard. AB did it once. Julio jones has never done it. Randy moss did it twice. Calvin johnson did it twice. Terrel Owen's did it once DHOP has came very close but never done it. Those are all hall of famers or all pro guys. However allen Robinson got 1400 and 14tds so it can happen

2) we assume he will play all 16 games in the most violent game on earth which makes a majority of players miss a game or two every year

3) his qb will play all 16 and not slow down with age

4) he will transition flawlessly to the outside wr role.

5) he will succeed in double coverage situations that he has for the most part never received

I'm in love with juju but I think something like 100/1100/9 might be more realistic 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

So you recall ppl saying it has something to do with 16 games? Sorry I'm a little confused. Wasnt a very good english student.

1) it's a rare feat. Just getting 1400/12 is hard. AB did it once. Julio jones has never done it. Randy moss did it twice. Calvin johnson did it twice. Terrel Owen's did it once DHOP has came very close but never done it. Those are all hall of famers or all pro guys. However allen Robinson got 1400 and 14tds so it can happen

2) we assume he will play all 16 games in the most violent game on earth which makes a majority of players miss a game or two every year

5) he will succeed in double coverage situations that he has for the most part never received

I'm in love with juju but I think something like 100/1100/9 might be more realistic 

ALL preseason player threads here assume a full season when it comes to members posting their projections & rankings.

These preseason threads are “Season” Outlooks, not “14 Game” Outlooks.

24 minutes ago, psygolf said:

ALL preseason player threads here assume a full season when it comes to members posting their projections & rankings.

These preseason threads are “Season” Outlooks, not “14 Game” Outlooks.

Alright. Thanks bro

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

There's also the fact that AB is a sure fire HOFer and one of the best WRs of this generation. JuJu might be too, but assuming he is just gonna have ABs production by being there doesn't seem smart.

Posted (edited)

I’m don’t know how to stat out JuJu’s projections for this year, and I’ll admit I’m fairly amateurish at this. But JuJu has looked like one of the elite WRs in the NFL, and he’s in a system that has consistently produced elite fantasy production from its stars. After Nuk, Adams, OBJ, and Julio, I have a really REALLY hard time ranking any other WRs ahead of JuJu. In my opinion, Michael Thomas is the only one worthy of consideration, but I like JuJu’s upside better. AB would be considered by some, but I’ll take Big Ben on the Steelers throwing to JuJu over Carr on the Raiders throwing to AB. 

Where do his stats end up? There’s so many factors that play into that, and most of those factors apply to all other receivers in the league. Talent plus opportunity makes it extremely hard for me to rank JuJu anywhere below WR 5-6. 

Maybe he comes out and stinks it up as the primary target. That’s a risk, but I don’t believe a very likely one. JuJu looks poised to be an elite NFL WR for many years to come, and is in a great system for fantasy production. 

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I’m don’t know how to stat out JuJu’s projections for this year, and I’ll admit I’m fairly amateurish at this. But JuJu has looked like one of the elite WRs in the NFL, and he’s in a system that has consistently produced elite fantasy production from its stars. After Nuk, Adams, OBJ, and Julio, I have a really REALLY hard time ranking any other WRs ahead of JuJu. In my opinion, Michael Thomas is the only one worthy of consideration, but I like JuJu’s upside better. AB would be considered by some, but I’ll take Big Ben on the Steelers throwing to JuJu over Carr on the Raiders throwing to AB. 

Where do his stats end up? There’s so many factors that play into that, and most of those factors apply to all other receivers in the league. Talent plus opportunity makes it extremely hard for me to rank JuJu anywhere below WR 5-6. 

Maybe he comes out and stinks it up as the primary target. That’s a risk, but I don’t believe a very likely one. JuJu looks poised to be an elite NFL WR for many years to come, and is in a great system for fantasy production. 

Steelers will probably suck this year and need to throw a lot to compete in games, juju is #1 on the depth chart and Ben is a top QB who can deliver the ball.

The formula is pretty simple. 👀

3 hours ago, gufomel said:

Nothing wrong with having JuJu ranked 5th, keep him there if thats what your gut says.

• Like 1

I think jujus tds go up by 2 or 3 but his yardage down some, I don't see him  breaking as many long yardage plays without having AB there to pull some serious coverage. With some of the wr additions I see Ben spreading it out a bit more than normal this year 

Aging Ben, no AB to steal all the D’s attention. Yeah, easy dnd at his current adp for me

On 5/3/2019 at 12:14 PM, dmb3684 said:

Nothing wrong with having JuJu ranked 5th, keep him there if thats what your gut says.

Quoting for emphasis. If you’ve heard other guys arguments and still believe you’re right, you gotta stand by that and not cave just bc you’re in the minority.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Quoting for emphasis. If you’ve heard other guys arguments and still believe you’re right, you gotta stand by that and not cave just bc you’re in the minority.

Agree with this whole heartedly. I'd rather lose with the guys I felt were superior than watch someone else win with them. 

• Like 1

Juju is absolutely going to erupt. You guys get ready. 125/1600/13 incoming. 

2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Juju is absolutely going to erupt. You guys get ready. 125/1600/13 incoming. 

Hope your right. I love juju but that's probably not gonna happen. AB only did that once (another year he did 136/1800/10.. which I'm sure we would all settle for)

Just now, Stonej14 said:

Hope your right. I love juju but that's probably not gonna happen. AB only did that once (another year he did 136/1800/10.. which I'm sure we would all settle for)

I think floor/ceiling is 115/130 1400/1650

9-13 

make no mistake, this cat is gonna have a monster season. 

lol @ 1400 yds is any WR's floor. Trying to trade him are you?  ;)

I like his potential though. Definitely look at him if I don't get one of the top WRs.

22 years old and put up 111 / 1,426 / 7 . Was tackled inside the 2 yard line 5 times last year. Put up better numbers without AB in the lineup, and better #'s on the outside.Only 22 years old, he's only going to get better. People sleeping on this dude will get rekt.

• Like 2

Yeah but even the best of WRs rarely meet or surpass those numbers (the catches and yds anyway). And Big Ben isn't tossing 5000 yds this year. I think he's good but law of averages tells me a dip in those numbers, still good #s though, and with luck maybe an extra TD or 2.

1 hour ago, Blu Exile said:

22 years old and put up 111 / 1,426 / 7 . Was tackled inside the 2 yard line 5 times last year. Put up better numbers without AB in the lineup, and better #'s on the outside.Only 22 years old, he's only going to get better. People sleeping on this dude will get 

Hes being drafted as a top 8 wr. I dont think anyone is sleeping on him. Just some some of us think hes more like 110/1200/10. Hes def having a good season. But not a lot of wrs break 1400 yards in back to back seasons. It's usually only the elite of the elite. Julio, AB, Calvin. Maybe juju is one of those type of guys but odds are he isnt. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Hes being drafted as a top 8 wr. I dont think anyone is sleeping on him. Just some some of us think hes more like 110/1200/10. Hes def having a good season. But not a lot of wrs break 1400 yards in back to back seasons. It's usually only the elite of the elite. Julio, AB, Calvin. Maybe juju is one of those type of guys but odds are he isnt. 

He sure looks like he's gonna be one of those guys to me. 

The only thing that can prevent his back 2 back breakout is injury to him or to Ben IMO. 

Ben looked like he was losing his fire in 2017 then they drafted that one guy and he went back to fire and rapey eyes Ben. 

I think juju is a lock to do great, IMO the biggest question is who is this years juju... 

I'm betting on Moncrief myself, but I also expect Vance to play a bigger role. I'm not sold on Washington like many others. 

Not to sidetrack but Moncrief couldn't catch on with Luck throwing to him and Hilton taking top coverage. Classic looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. 

53 minutes ago, bomont said:

Not to sidetrack but Moncrief couldn't catch on with Luck throwing to him and Hilton taking top coverage. Classic looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. 

Let's sidetrack... I owned him in his 3rd year (I think). Typical breakout season for a WR. he came out as a TD beast, catching 1 a game it felt like. Then he got extremely cheap shot and broke his collar bone and his season was effectively over. 

I still believe he's got what it takes. After that he went to the Jags and was the best WR playing with Bortles who seemingly got worse every single game. 

I'm still a believer, if he fails this year though I'll gladly walk away and admit he's not fantasy relevant, but today I'm licking my chops at 165 or whatever he is and being a WR sleeper guy.