Boudewijn

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

1 dropped pass and you're wrong 😂

Lol I’m sure Juju is going to drop a few! Really though, incredibly similar players and situations. Only real stand out WR on their teams. HOF QB’s. Good running game and O line. I think they have similar years. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Come back week 17 my dude. I’ll be here, no problem saying I’m wrong if I am. 

You would still be wrong if he gets it.  Not gonna get into it.

Edited by dmb3684
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Yea, I tried and tried, and it wasn't worth it.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

40 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

Yea, I tried and tried, and it wasn't worth it.

Sorry you guys feel this way. Hope we can all agree go Juju. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Hope we can all agree go Juju. 

He's basically impossible not to cheer for, especially in relation to Antonio Brown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:
1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Sorry you guys feel this way. Hope we can all agree go Juju. 

He's basically impossible not to cheer for, especially in relation to Antonio Brown.

Yes. I root for the guy, and he even roasted me in 2017 for 193 yd and a TD in a match I thought I had all but locked up. 

• Like 1

To me he's the guy I want if I don't get one of the very top WRs and am fine with that. High floor, fairly high ceiling, saves a few bucks.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bomont said:

To me he's the guy I want if I don't get one of the very top WRs and am fine with that. High floor, fairly high ceiling, saves a few bucks.

At the risk of posting the wrong year again:

image.png.9e0e801f1c1b6f9a4fcd22183416e308.png

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/auction-values/calculator.php

He is one of the very top WR now. Very few bucks saved there.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

How does he stack up to the other top WR in standard? I think Hopkins/Adams/Julio are a tier above but I've really been struggling to rank him/Odell/Thomas/AB, I keep going back and forth as to who I like the best. Seems to me like Odell has the highest ceiling but the lowest floor. How do you all rank them (standard).

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Wow I’m high on him obviously but I did not expect that. 

1 hour ago, Olliemets said:

How does he stack up to the other top WR in standard? I think Hopkins/Adams/Julio are a tier above but I've really been struggling to rank him/Odell/Thomas/AB, I keep going back and forth as to who I like the best. Seems to me like Odell has the highest ceiling but the lowest floor. How do you all rank them (standard).

Standard I think Odell is the way to go. Followed by MT13. I have no love for AB but he might be good this year, just not on my team. I don’t like Juju as much in standard. I think PPR is where he is going to shine the most. 

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

According to that site. That in itself doesn't mean much to me (and man their prices are high IMO esp for a 12-team league). If I see that across the board I'll start to believe.

And really if I have to "settle" for someone like Beckham or Evans, that's fine too.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, bomont said:

According to that site. That in itself doesn't mean much to me (and man their prices are high IMO esp for a 12-team league). If I see that across the board I'll start to believe.

And really if I have to "settle" for someone like Beckham or Evans, that's fine too.

Odell for 42 seems like a steal.

I'd bet juju goes a little higher. Hes one of the big hype guys this offseason. 

Edited by Stonej14

3 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Yep, every single one of these guys has been the top guy on his team and produced, despite being doubled teamed and facing the other team's #1 cornerback. They've all proven they can handle that. Every single one.

Well, not EVERY single one of them.

But for some of them their circumstances are very different. Not saying they still won't produce, but it's a question of how much and how much they're worth spending to get. I hope it doesn't fall that I don't get one of the other top WRs and I have to pay top WR price for Smith.

1 hour ago, andypro77 said:

Yep, every single one of these guys has been the top guy on his team and produced, despite being doubled teamed and facing the other team's #1 cornerback. They've all proven they can handle that. Every single one.

Well, not EVERY single one of them.

Sounds to me like he fits right in 

JJSS needed how many targets to catch up with NUK last year? Dig that up for me...now post 🐜. I believe Mr. 🐜 was 4th in targets (one of u stat guys go look that up also cause I’m not certain) 

but whitecloud...he’s playing doubles now and top corners ....gtfo w that crap. JJSS is elite and he’ll be looking at at least another 30 balls this yr...pick 12 overall, no doubts. 

1 hour ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

🐜

Not sure whether that is a sh!tting horse, or a sunburnt cockroach?

(with the power of google I see it's an ant, but that was hardly obvious :D )

Only 6 players had over 150 targets:

image.png.0f05eae45da54c08c4190c25df8283bb.png

In the past 10 years, only 29 guys had 160 targets or more (a number had multiple, including Julio and AB). Since 2000, only one other player managed it at age 22: Larry Fitzgerald. That's good company to be in.

5 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Not sure whether that is a sh!tting horse, or a sunburnt cockroach?

lol. I'm not sure what any of that post meant 

Posted (edited)
On 6/18/2019 at 3:11 AM, andypro77 said:

Antonio Brown has reached 1400 yards once in the last 3 years. After Jerry Rice became the greatest of all time in the strike-shortened 1987 season, he reached 1400 yards just twice in the next 5 seasons (played all 16 games each season).

No, 1400 yards is not JuJu's floor.

Lol. What a Stat manipulation stretch. 

Stat manipulation... AB84 has only 1 - 1400 yard season in last 3 years. 

Reality... AB84 has had 1400 yard seasons 4 of last 6 years. (He had ~1300 the other 2 FYI) 

Rotoworld professional here with thr high level Stat manipulation.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2019 at 11:50 AM, andypro77 said:

No, you STILL don't understand. His worst possible outcome is 0 yards due to injury or suspension. But that's not his floor. Which again, you still fail to understand.

Holy crap what an exhausting thread to read. Leave the guy alone for what he believes. 

He clearly understands what floor and ceiling mean. He projects between 1400-2000 more than likely. 

Obviously it's a ridiculously high floor, but he's been very clear with saying that's what he believes and everyone dog piling him. 

I respect those that stand true to what they believe even if it seems wild. 

Sometimes I like to let threads build up for a few pages and read them and they are often interesting. These last few pages get an F-. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lol. What a Stat manipulation stretch. 

Stat manipulation... AB84 has only 1 - 1400 yard season in last 3 years. 

Context matters.

If I had been trying to make the case that AB or JJSS won't or can't get 1400 yards, THEN it would have been stat manipulation.

But I was trying to make the case that JJSS's floor is NOT 1400 yards.

Heck even your 'correction' (AB had 1400 4 of 6 years) also makes the case that JJSS's floor isn't 1400 yards. AB has been all-world for the past 6 years and even he failed to reach this 'floor' 1/3 of the time.

Once again:

Patrick Mahomes 'floor' is not 50 TD passes.
Christian McCaffrey's 'floor' is not 105 catches.
Saquon Barkely's 'floor' is not 2000 total yards and 15 TDs.

And JuJu Smith-Schuster's floor is not 1400 yards.

Those of us who discuss fantasy football have a set of generally accepted definitions for terms that we use to analyze players. One of those generally accepted terms is the word 'floor'.

For the past several decades of reading other's opinions and analysis of players, we've all pretty much come to the conclusion that when someone uses the word 'floor', we know it to mean we can count on at least that level of production given no injuries and normal, solid, but not otherworldly performance.

It's fine to select David Johnson 2nd overall because you are of the opinion that he might get 2K yards and approach 20 TDs. I'm fine with that. I'm not fine with someone then suggesting that those numbers are his 'floor'. That is what my part of this thread has been about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andypro77 said:

Context matters.

If I had been trying to make the case that AB or JJSS won't or can't get 1400 yards, THEN it would have been stat manipulation.

But I was trying to make the case that JJSS's floor is NOT 1400 yards.

Heck even your 'correction' (AB had 1400 4 of 6 years) also makes the case that JJSS's floor isn't 1400 yards. AB has been all-world for the past 6 years and even he failed to reach this 'floor' 1/3 of the time.

Once again:

Patrick Mahomes 'floor' is not 50 TD passes.
Christian McCaffrey's 'floor' is not 105 catches.
Saquon Barkely's 'floor' is not 2000 total yards and 15 TDs.

And JuJu Smith-Schuster's floor is not 1400 yards.

Those of us who discuss fantasy football have a set of generally accepted definitions for terms that we use to analyze players. One of those generally accepted terms is the word 'floor'.

For the past several decades of reading other's opinions and analysis of players, we've all pretty much come to the conclusion that when someone uses the word 'floor', we know it to mean we can count on at least that level of production given no injuries and normal, solid, but not otherworldly performance.

It's fine to select David Johnson 2nd overall because you are of the opinion that he might get 2K yards and approach 20 TDs. I'm fine with that. I'm not fine with someone then suggesting that those numbers are his 'floor'. That is what my part of this thread has been about.

It’s all good guys. I believe his floor is 1400 yards. That’s what I think, you don’t have to agree. He’s going to be the top WR 2019, I’m taking him first round no doubt. That’s my boy. Dude is ELITE. I’m excited to watch him blossom into a corner torching gamebreaking monster. 120/1600/13 this year. Book it.