thebadferret

Kerryon Johnson 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Not a KJ owner but I follow the Lions very closely.  Better games are coming.  The talent and opportunity are there. 

They're still getting the hang of the new offense under Bevell.  This offense is showing signs of starting to get humming; don't let yesterday's low score mislead you.

Stay the course; you don't want to sell low.

Thanks for your insight Detroit fan in, uh, Tennessee??

9 minutes ago, Travdaddy10 said:

It was a 30+ yard td. Who cares if they froze. He put on the jets and wasn’t caught either. Nobody is excusing Derek Henry’s 70 yard TD as luck. If you get enough touches s--- happens.

I'm pointing out that the day could have been a lot rougher for fantasy owners.  What is your point? Did you watch the game?  I'm passing along information to those that might have seen the game thinking he busted a big one and juked 10 guys, and burned the D on his own.  That game had a lot of weirdness going on, but that is what I expect from the Lions.

30 minutes ago, Travdaddy10 said:

It was a 30+ yard td. Who cares if they froze. He put on the jets and wasn’t caught either. Nobody is excusing Derek Henry’s 70 yard TD as luck. If you get enough touches s--- happens.

It's interesting to me because the redzone host was saying the same thing about the defense freezing on the bobbled ball.  When I watched it today, Kerryon looked alot better than I expected. Sure he bobbled it and maybe someone froze but that didn't sum up the play to me.  If anything, there was some great blocking and the defense was spread too thin.  Infact, I thought his highlights were much more impressive than his stats.  I was going to name him, "Mr. Average," but I think he's much more than that. He just needs to get the touches. 

Edited by mikeflavaz

Seems like he’s slowly being unleashed.

3 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

It's interesting to me because the redzone host was saying the same thing about the defense freezing on the bobbled ball.  When I watched it today, Kerryon looked alot better than I expected. Sure he bobbled it and maybe someone froze but that didn't sum up the play to me.  If anything, there was some great blocking and the defense was spread to thin.  Infact, I thought his highlights were much more impressive than his stats.  I was going to name him, "Mr. Average," but I think he's much more than that. He just needs to get the touches. 

Yes he is very good, like I said a few pages ago. He is better than the other rbs he was being drafted around. People laughed when I said he was more talented than fournette but he is. You just need to watch him play to realize it. Just needs to stay healthy.

Edited by jsch08
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Yes he is very good, like I said a few pages ago. He is better than the other rbs he was being drafted around. People laughed when I said he was more talented than fournette but he is. You just need to watch him play to realize it. Just needs to stay healthy.

Crazy what a difference a week makes. Last week Carson was a way better draft pick. Now this week Johnson’s value is on the rise while Carson got outplayed by his backup.

talent......TONS. Idiot coaching staff.....You bet. That's my analysis. You're welcome?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Talent is there no question.  Check this out from the game:

That's beautiful - better than ballet. On the other hand, while he gained 7 yards with that, he risked his skinny legs, knees and ankles three times in one play. That scares me, as an owner (and as a fan).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jsch08 said:

Watching those highlights it boggles my mind why the Lions are screwing around with CJ Anderson.  I mean, how can Kerryon be playing 55% of the snaps?  Dude is definitely talented....both as a rusher and receiver.  It's definitely a case where the stats don't tell the whole story.  His stats were fairly pedestrian but it's clear watching those highlights he's got some juice.

It's probably why the Lions are the Lions.....just do stupid stuff.

There is all kinds of room to grow here if the Lions let it happen.  If you ask me, he's the guy that could take that offense to another level.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Watching those highlights it boggles my mind why the Lions are screwing around with CJ Anderson.  I mean, how can Kerryon be playing 55% of the snaps?  Dude is definitely talented....both as a rusher and receiver.  It's definitely a case where the stats don't tell the whole story.  His stats were fairly pedestrian but it's clear watching those highlights he's got some juice.

It's probably why the Lions are the Lions.....just do stupid stuff.

There is all kinds of room to grow here if the Lions let it happen.  If you ask me, he's the guy that could take that offense to another level.

He has a little bit of an injury history, going back to Auburn. Giving him the lions share of snaps and touches is something all Kerryon owners on the surface want, but it’s probably not in the best interest of him or the Lions when trying to play a full 16 game season.

I’m personally very happy with somewhere between 15 and 17 touches per game, and he had 32 in the first two weeks.

CJ Anderson is GONE! Paul Perkins picked up! 

This has to be good news for Kerryon.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

I think we all feel a Kerryon takeover coming. This furthers the narrative though I was never worried about CJ. 

19 hours ago, goldpants77 said:

He looks a lot like Le'Veon Bell :)

I've always seen Kerryon as a sort of Baby Bell. CJ is gone now. Things are looking sunny. 

• Like 1

How many of y'all were watching your boy get swiped by LeGarrette Blount last year?

Lions could revive a dead corpse to take from Kerryon. 

But they don't need one bc Ty Johnson is averaging 6 YPC and can catch from the backfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

One would think.

I'm sure Ty still sees some work....but KJ owners needed somebody removed from the equation.

I look at this situation a little like Melvin Gordon/Ekeler.  I'm okay if KJ is the "Gordon" type guy that's getting 15-18 touches a game....But he needs that red zone work to do be that guy.

I think sending CJ packing is a good sign for KJ's red zone usage.  CJ was a guy that could take short yardage work but I don't see Perkins or Ty Johnson being guys they run in for those situations.  

• Like 1

This has to be good news for Kerryon.  This kid has a great head on his shoulders and is way too talented to be cooped up for too much longer.  He has the talent to be one of the best RB's in the NFL, he just needs the opportunity.  The breakout is coming! 

• Like 2

Just now, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Is everyone cuffing him with TY Johnson or ignoring the handcuff? 

Ty Johnson with a 7.7 college YPC and 6 YPC on the year so far that ran a 4.26 40 yard dash?

On a team that emulates the Patriots and gave LeGarrette Blount over 150 carries last year? For an RB that's had consistent injury issues since college who barely played more than half the year last year?

Nah leave him on the wire bro.