DerrickHenrysCleats

Mark Ingram 2019 Outlook

41 minutes ago, bomont said:

It's also OK to admit you have blinders on, or failed to grasp what someone said. PS "playing in" a game isn't the same as being the bell cow back, so that's pretty meaningless. 

Finally I didn't say he was a "big injury risk." In fact I made a point of qualifying what I meant very plainly and clearly. Reading is fundamental. 

Talk about dicing hairs.  You implied he was more of an injury risk than your average RB because of age and history.  Incorrect as to age bc of less mileage and incorrect as to history because, well, history.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bomont said:

It's also OK to admit you have blinders on, or failed to grasp what someone said. PS "playing in" a game isn't the same as being the bell cow back, so that's pretty meaningless. 

Finally I didn't say he was a "big injury risk." In fact I made a point of qualifying what I meant very plainly and clearly. Reading is fundamental. 

So are you trying to say that before this year Ingram hasn't had a meaningful amount of carries?  And because he's been healthy on fewer carries, you think he's an injury risk if he gets more carries?

I'm reading what you've written just fine, but I'm still trying to pull some bit of rationale out of it.  Can you just plainly state why you think Ingram is any more at risk for injury than any other NFL RB?

• Thanks 2

Is this going to be an RBBC? I see the Ravens running a lot this year and it’s been well documented about the successful ypc the RBs had once Lamar took over as the starter. 

Also, do you think Ingram sees most of the passing down work? 

I could see him getting around 20 touches/game including some receptions, I’m starting to like him at his ADP. 

7 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Also, do you think Ingram sees most of the passing down work?

passing? passing? who said anything about passing? this is the ravens: there are no passing downs.

it's RBBC where ingram, gus edwards, and lamar jackson all get 20 rushing attempts apiece.

first one hurt gets replaced by kenneth dixon or RGIII, and then trace mcsorley when RGIII goes out,

until by thanksgiving justice hill is the only one left standing, left to run the wildcat against stacked boxes.

why would there be any passing?

jacksonrpobills.gif

even where audibles should be called to take advantage of the defense setup, audibles are only used to change from one run to another...

play7.gif

go with what you know...

lamaroak4.gif

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

This guy is going to be a monster this year, has all the opportunity and banking on him being a high end Rb2 If not low end rb1 here’s why.

- ravens run the ball more than any team in the league

- ravens OC has already stated Ingram will be a 3 down back, he can catch and block

-over the last 5 years Ingram has led all rbs in YPC

- ravens have a nice offensive line

- ravens defense should be top 5 this year

I took Ingram over David Montgomery in my best ball draft in the 5th round, although everyone  is gassing up Montgomery yet he has Tarik Cohen in his way, tarik Cohen make no mistake will definitely be in Montgomery’s way, Nagy loves Cohen the only rookie that is going to make a huge impact is Josh Jacobs.  Ingram has no one is his way and justice hill is not going to be an obstacle like Cohen will be for Monty, I bet the bank that Ingram will outperform Monty by quite a bit this year.

Edited by Brye
  • Like 3

The Ravens will spell Ingram with the other talented RB's that they have, but make no mistake Ingram is the #1 RB. Also those who say this team is all run that is a mistake as well. Sure they are first run, but they are more than capable of passing the football and Ingram will see passing downs out of the backfield.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CawCaw said:

The Ravens will spell Ingram with the other talented RB's that they have, but make no mistake Ingram is the #1 RB. Also those who say this team is all run that is a mistake as well. Sure they are first run, but they are more than capable of passing the football and Ingram will see passing downs out of the backfield.

Definitely dont disagree , I honestly believe Ingram is capable of getting 50-65ish receptions this year , if I didn’t think he was capable of that he wouldn’t be on my team, Kamara really took a lot of receptions from him these last 2 years, justice hill still has a lot to learn and he’s a liability picking up the blitz / pass rush on 3rd down, Ingram is going to be the Fred Jackson from years past , will be fun to watch this year

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Brye said:

Definitely dont disagree , I honestly believe Ingram is capable of getting 50-65ish receptions this year , if I didn’t think he was capable of that he wouldn’t be on my team, Kamara really took a lot of receptions from him these last 2 years, justice hill still has a lot to learn and he’s a liability picking up the blitz / pass rush on 3rd down, Ingram is going to be the Fred Jackson from years past , will be fun to watch this year

Yup, everyone is overlooking that Ingram excels at pass protection while both Edwards and Hill are below average. Ingram will be a true 3 down workhorse with spells of Edwards. Hill will assume the Damien Harris rookie role where he'll be the strict backup incase Ingram gets hurt.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not touching Ingram TBH. Think Edwards is going to be way more involved than people think, and Dixon is there as a playmaker. Edwards was awesome last year with Lamar and don’t see any reason they’d completely go away from Gus. Seems like Baltimore has confidence in Ingram but not sure how valuable he’ll be in fantasy. Seems more like he’ll be the between the tackles, short down, reliable RB. A lot of 18/60/1 performances. But he should get receptions which helps a lot.

Edited by Ruut6
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Not touching Ingram TBH. Think Edwards is going to be way more involved than people think, and Dixon is there as a playmaker. Edwards was awesome last year with Lamar and don’t see any reason they’d completely go away from Gus. Seems like Baltimore has confidence in Ingram but not sure how valuable he’ll be in fantasy. Seems more like he’ll be the between the tackles, short down, reliable RB. A lot of 18/60/1 performances. But he should get receptions which helps a lot.

You can’t be serious man..... you do realize 18 carries a game x 16 games =288 carries , over the last 5 seasons combined he has led rbs in ypc but let’s go based on his ypc last year 4.6 x 288 carries =1324.8 rushing yards, he’s at lest good for 8tds prolly 10..... and idk 40-60 receptions yeah that’s rb1 brotha......

yeah stay FAR , FAR AWAY 😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Gee... that sounds terrible. What is the angle here?!

1 hour ago, dsrich said:

Gee... that sounds terrible. What is the angle here?!

Mostly curious if a team returning (1) an incredibly efficient downhill runner who was dynamic in Lamar’s option game last year, (2) a change of pace do it all back they spent a 3rd on, (3) spending another 4th rd pick on a dynamic playmaker, can support an RB2. I’d say it’s highly unlikely.

1 minute ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Evidence?

Look at his game logs. When he’s healthy, he’s involved.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ruut6 said:

Kenneth Dixon is likely to get cut. He doesn't play special teams and is 4th on the RB depth chart.

You really have no grasp as to what Baltimore is doing. If the Ravens were so impressed with Edwards and Dixon then they don't go sign Ingram or draft Hill.

However good you think Edwards did last year with Lamar doesn't matter because  Ingram would have done better. He is the best pass blocker by far on that team, Edwards will spell Ingram some but Ingram will have plenty of opportunities. He is a rock solid RB2 for fantasy who could easy return RB1 numbers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

10 touches, 50 yards per game...

Sounds like quite the playmaker 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

A lot of 18/60/1 performances. But he should get receptions which helps a lot.

yeah, I'd hate for my RB2/Flex player to be getting ~14 points every week

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, jonasdash said:

yeah, I'd hate for my RB2/Flex player to be getting ~14 points every week

14 is conservatively high depending on TDs which is no guarantee with a 6’1 230 Gus Edwards on the roster. But a RB with competition in short yardage, passing downs, goal line, and home run plays? Yeah no thanks. BOL!

Edited by Ruut6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ruut6 said:

6 + 6 is 12. But a RB with competition in short yardage, passing downs, home run plays? Yeah no thanks. BOL!

You must play standard , in ppr it’s lile 14-16 points per

1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

10 touches, 50 yards per game...

Sounds like quite the playmaker 

Dixon and Hill are the playmakers on the roster now (assuming Dixon isn’t moved to Houston).

Posted (edited)

LOL, you're friggin ridiculous dude

YOU just said "a lot" of 18/60/1 games and that he'd "get receptions which helps a lot"   If he gets A LOT of those games (6? 8? 10 games?) with that stat line, then you should be thrilled with him as a flex or RB2. 

I'll bet you more often than not, he scores double digit points in .5 PPR.  In fact, I'll make a bet with you that he averages double digit scoring (10 or more points scored in .5 PPR, per game played in 2019) if you're actually willing to put your money where you mouth is.  Let me know, I love free money. 

Edited by jonasdash
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Kenneth Dixon is likely to get cut. He doesn't play special teams and is 4th on the RB depth chart.

You really have no grasp as to what Baltimore is doing. If the Ravens were so impressed with Edwards and Dixon then they don't go sign Ingram or draft Hill.

However good you think Edwards did last year with Lamar doesn't matter because  Ingram would have done better. He is the best pass blocker by far on that team, Edwards will spell Ingram some but Ingram will have plenty of opportunities. He is a rock solid RB2 for fantasy who could easy return RB1 numbers. 

Just like last year, when Dixon was projected to be cut, Alex Collins was the unquestioned workhorse going in the 4th rd of PPR drafts, and Buck Allen was just a 3rd down back? Seriously, read the 2018 Alex Collins thread.

What happened? Buck Allen outperformed Collins (for fantasy purposes) early in the season, vultures goal line work, Collins loses the job, slow undrafted rookie Gus Edwards becomes the starter, and Dixon comes back and instantly sees 10+ touches per game on top of Edwards.

You’re right. They went out and got Ingram and Hill. They now have 4 running backs on the roster they love. Taking a Harbaugh RB in the 4th rd of a fantasy draft when he has 4 on his roster he loves is how you Alex Collins yourself.

My honest advice would be to draft two of Edwards + Hill + Dixon (depending on happens with the final roster), and wait and see Harbaugh’s plan.

Who do you want to be: the 2018 guy who drafted Collins in the 4th or the one who picked up his backups for free?

Edited by Ruut6
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Just like last year, when Dixon was projected to be cut, Alex Collins was the unquestioned workhorse going in the 4th rd of PPR drafts, and Buck Allen was just a 3rd down back? Seriously, read the 2018 Alex Collins thread.

What happened? Buck Allen outperformed Collins (for fantasy purposes) early in the season, vultures goal line work, Collins loses the job, slow undrafted rookie Gus Edwards becomes the starter, and Dixon comes back and instantly sees 10+ touches per game on top of Edwards.

You’re right. They went out and got Ingram and Hill. They now have 4 running backs on the roster they love. Taking a Harbaugh RB in the 4th rd of a fantasy draft when he has 4 on his roster he loves is how you Alex Collins yourself.

My honest advice would be to draft two of Edwards + Hill + Dixon (depending on happens with the final roster), and wait and see Harbaugh’s plan.

Who do you want to be: the 2018 guy who drafted Collins in the 4th or the one who picked up his backups for free?

Dude they just gave Ingram 3 year 15 mil , Alex Collins wasn’t making squat, it’s totally different situation and if they wanted too they could have spent that 15 mil elsewhere , they are invested sorry you don’t get that and again I don’t get why you keep saying Ingram going to get vultures at goal line , he’s one of the better goal line backs in the entire league dude !!!!’n please stop it your making yourself look 👀 funny

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brye said:

Dude they just gave Ingram 3 year 15 mil , Alex Collins wasn’t making squat, it’s totally different situation and if they wanted too they could have spent that 15 mil elsewhere , they are invested sorry you don’t get that and again I don’t get why you keep saying Ingram going to get vultures at goal line , he’s one of the better goal line backs in the entire league dude !!!!’n please stop it your making yourself look 👀 funny

If there’s any coach in the NFL who has proven he doesn’t give a flying **** about where you were drafted or how much money you’re making, it’s Harbaugh.

He replaced a former Super Bowl winner who had a $25M cap hit with a rookie who can’t throw and replaced their starting bellcow with an undrafted rookie. All while pushing for the playoffs.

I feel for the possible headaches that Ingram owners may have this year because of Harbaugh.

• Like 1