DerrickHenrysCleats

Mark Ingram 2019 Outlook

20 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

(I can't get the quote box 👆👆) to go away... Anyway. Any new thoughts or ideas with Mark and the team? Team looked great although vs dolphins D. He should have had more carries but maybe they were saving him a bit in the blowout I'd guess. Will the snap share/touch count be this close moving forward? He's got alot of value even if he was just the goal line guy but at that point I'd be looking to move him. What chyall think moving forward? 

I don't know what the snap count ended up being but when i was checking the box score early in the game it seemed like Ingram was seeing the bulk of the carries. It makes sense that they didn't keep running him in a blowout. In closer games I think he will be the main guy, which should mean 12-15 carries weekly, with upside for more. 

On 8/25/2019 at 1:02 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Wow, just wow man

Ingram is a 2 time pro bowler and is miles better than Alex Collins at everything.

I get it. In todays day and age everyone wants to look like the smart guy and pass on the starter when you can get the backup for so much cheaper, blah blah blah. That really is not applicable here because Ingran is better than all of them. Ingram is going to get as many touches as he personally can handle, that is what he was brought in for. He is a better runner than Edwards, he is a better receiver than Dixon or Hill and he pass protects better than any RB on the roster. 

Now Edwards is a good backup RB to have cause he did well last year, Hill is also a nice guy to keep because he is a fluid pass catcher and Baltimore needs a guy who can step in and try to do as good as Ingram when he needs a breather but make no mistake, passing downs, 2 minute drills, drives before halftime, most importantly in the 4th quarter and end of games ingram will be getting all the run because he is the most trusted RB in these situations and that is where fantasy points are accumulated in bunches.

Here it is.

20 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

any info on the q tag that just popped up ?

Yeah just saw this and I don't like it one bit.

23 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

any info on the q tag that just popped up ?

Limited practice due to shoulder, per CBS

• Thanks 1

Vets tend to get Wednesdays off, this should not concern anyone unless he is still Q on Friday

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Fire up Gus Edwards. Ingram missed practice wednesday

Lol. Chill bro. Vet day

15 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

But Gus had more carries than Ingram last week.

yep, Gus was also the guy they trusted down the stretch to protect that lead... Ingram's had a small prob wif fumbles, so HarBags couldn't risk an untimely turnover that could've sparked a Dolphins comeback. ya don't give a juggernaut like Miami an "IN" with a freebie posession. 

Ingram very good ... but is he in the "circle of trust" yet?

🤔

• Haha 1

Ingram is the guy in Baltimore. 

Gus getting more carries in a blowout game doesnt bother me at all. 

Rbs tend to do better with a duel threat qb.

Ingram will be a solid rb2 all year. 

Edited by CViewPride35
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

But Gus had more carries than Ingram last week.

Lol.

they just didn’t listen

• Haha 1

If he has a good week this week, anyone thinking about selling high? I could see the ravens keeping him as healthy as possible this year with heavy playoff aspirations. Plus gus and the kid aren't too bad-a-runners themselves. 

I have Ingram, but already popping up on the injury report is unsettling. Whose the backup to own Gus or Hill

On 9/12/2019 at 5:58 PM, konstao said:

Full practice today, guys 

Well hell.  Shut off Gus Edwards, boys.  Just shut ‘em off.

Edited by FeastMode

8 minutes ago, FeastMode said:

Well hell.  Shut off Gus Edwards, boys.  Just shut ‘em off.

it was a run ...

Image result for gus bus

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

I have Ingram, but already popping up on the injury report is unsettling. Whose the backup to own Gus or Hill

Gus.

Averaged 17.5 touches per game and 93 yards as a starter last year with Jackson and 5.2 YPC. Graded out as the second best rookie RB behind Saquon.

7 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Gus.

Averaged 17.5 touches per game and 93 yards as a starter last year with Jackson and 5.2 YPC. Graded out as the second best rookie RB behind Saquon.

I think Gus needs to be owned as a premium handcuff that might have some stand alone value. Don’t ignore 17 carries even if it was garbage time. 

2 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I think Gus needs to be owned as a premium handcuff that might have some stand alone value. Don’t ignore 17 carries even if it was garbage time. 

Totally agreed.

I think he’s top 5 with Pollard, Mattison, Samuels, and Malcolm Brown. All really good offenses where the handcuff would immediately step in, expect the bellcow work, and be expected to put up RB2 minimum numbers. (Not counting 1A/1B guys like Freeman/Lindsay, McCoy/DWill, Hyde/Duke, etc)

Gus would be a mid to high RB2 if Ingram missed time IMO. Harbaugh feeds him the rock. I agree that the 17 carries can not just be dismissed like most Ingram owners here are doing.

10 hours ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

So hill isn’t the cuff?

Lol it seems like a pick your poison situation. I have no clue who to keep either, currently have Hill but may drop him. Too much uncertainty, he looks good on the highlight reel though.