• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Sign in to follow this  
ShayAK

My doncic and jjj for capela. Vetoable?

Posted (edited)

Is this vetoable. 2 people in my league say it is.

Edited by ShayAK

Keeper league or redraft?

I wouldn't say it is vetoable.. especially if the other owner includes the player he would be dropping.  It is however ridiculously expensive and a trade I wouldn't make.

11 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

Keeper league or redraft?

I wouldn't say it is vetoable.. especially if the other owner includes the player he would be dropping.  It is however ridiculously expensive and a trade I wouldn't make.

Are you saying the doncic side wins?

If I was voting, I would not veto this.  However, it's a free country, and if your league rules allow for league members to vote on vetos, then it's vetoable.  If you have a strong commissioner, then you should change the rules to allow the commissioner to make decisions on vetos.  It works much better. 

2 hours ago, ShayAK said:

Are you saying the doncic side wins?

Doncic for Capela straight up, depending on what team needs, would be a fairer offer.

Probably not vetoable but in a 9cath refraft league i think the trade is preyty lobsided in capelas favor..

My policy on vetoes is that you only veto for collusion.

Is this trade unfair on the outset?  IMHO, yes--it's heavily in favor of JJJ and Doncic.

Is this trade vetoable?  That depends.  We simply don't have enough information here.

Is the current Doncic owner an idiot or newb fantasy player and just making a dumb trade?  Then no, it's probably not vetoable.

Is the current Doncic owner a Mavs hater and a Rockets lover?  Then no, it's probably not vetoable.

Is the current Doncic owner in a 4-team league with 12 roster spots or something, or punting FT%?  Then no, it's probably not vetoable.

Is the current Doncic owner in last place and is friends with the Capela owner?  Then I'd strongly question it.

You don't veto simply because a trade is unbalanced (though that reason is a good enough one to question...just don't veto for that reason alone).  Veto isn't just for players to say "oh, I don't like this trade" or "oh, this trade favors another player and makes one player dominant".  It is a serious power to prevent cheating, and only for that reason, because if you abuse vetoing, then it becomes a popularity contest or a veto-happy one, where vetoes become embargoes and the entire league can't trade anymore.  That being said, the policies for vetoing vary in each league and people veto for so many reasons, many of which are petty, so it's your call.

@Mobdad, I remember our discussion on this.  OP, just listen to him.

14 minutes ago, MWon said:

My policy on vetoes is that you only veto for collusion.

Is this trade unfair on the outset?  IMHO, yes--it's heavily in favor of JJJ and Doncic.

Is this trade vetoable?  That depends.  We simply don't have enough information here.

Is the current Doncic owner an idiot or newb fantasy player and just making a dumb trade?  Then no, it's probably not vetoable.

Is the current Doncic owner a Mavs hater and a Rockets lover?  Then no, it's probably not vetoable.

Is the current Doncic owner in a 4-team league with 12 roster spots or something, or punting FT%?  Then no, it's probably not vetoable.

Is the current Doncic owner in last place and is friends with the Capela owner?  Then I'd strongly question it.

You don't veto simply because a trade is unbalanced (though that reason is a good enough one to question...just don't veto for that reason alone).  Veto isn't just for players to say "oh, I don't like this trade" or "oh, this trade favors another player and makes one player dominant".  It is a serious power to prevent cheating, and only for that reason, because if you abuse vetoing, then it becomes a popularity contest or a veto-happy one, where vetoes become embargoes and the entire league can't trade anymore.  That being said, the policies for vetoing vary in each league and people veto for so many reasons, many of which are petty, so it's your call.

@Mobdad, I remember our discussion on this.  OP, just listen to him.

I totally agree about the veto part. Well said. But how does the capela side not win this? Assuming a 9cath league capela is ranked 19th while doncic is 86th and jjj is 63. I would prefer capela by miles.. Am i missing something here?

@OP: which side is getting vetoed exactly? 

Fair enough.  I'm actually incredibly surprised about Doncic (as a Mavs fan, I feel like I should know, haha).  Looking at Doncic, he absolutely trashes efficiency (FG% is at 43%, FT% is at 74% and 3.3 TOspg), and also doesn't offer stocks.  However, he produces everywhere else, so I guess he'll be much less valuable if you've got a more balanced team.  I think JJJ will rise a bit more once the Griz are inevitably eliminated from PO contention.

Would this being a 10 cat league with DDs as the extra cat change things? Capela has the 8th best double double rate on the season 

Doncic/JJJ is the better side. Also not a vetoable trade imo. Capela has been beasting, but not as good as them 2. But again, not vetoable IMO.