Sign in to follow this  
kmoore1521

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Love the coaching changes being made, draft an OL 5th overall and lets make these playoffs!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The coaching staff is insane on paper. I would be stoked in Tampa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure how I feel about OJ Howard's outlook now but maybe they just straight split him wide 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

not sure how I feel about OJ Howard's outlook now but maybe they just straight split him wide 

 

Fair we shall see

 

but Evans + Godwin + Howard?? throw a lil white boy humphries in there ( i think djax is gone now)

 

Someone get Arians some lotion and tissues B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Fascinating team for sure. I remember a few years ago though when everyone was crazy high on this team (especially the defense) and they just flopped. 

 

It's going to come down to Winston. He needs to make some serious progress in decision making both on and off the field He is only 25 so he isn't a lost cause yet but this is his do or die year in my opinion. He has some incredible weapons and if they make improvements on the line and make room to land either Ingram or even Bell then the team is going to be wicked good. At least by the looks of it. There's some franchises you don't expect anything from.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kmoore1521 said:

 

Fair we shall see

 

but Evans + Godwin + Howard?? throw a lil white boy humphries in there ( i think djax is gone now)

 

Someone get Arians some lotion and tissues B)

 

I really like Godwin now. I wonder where he'll go in ADP come August. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

 

I really like Godwin now. I wonder where he'll go in ADP come August. 

I'm going to guess it is going to fall in the 50-70 range. That's where I would start to consider him personally. He had a decent year but with Arians in town along with expected improvement in general he should put in a solid season next year. The one thing is he seems like a prime hype candidate. Wouldn't be shocked if he rises to the 4th round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Fascinating team for sure. I remember a few years ago though when everyone was crazy high on this team (especially the defense) and they just flopped. 

 

It's going to come down to Winston. He needs to make some serious progress in decision making both on and off the field He is only 25 so he isn't a lost cause yet but this is his do or die year in my opinion. He has some incredible weapons and if they make improvements on the line and make room to land either Ingram or even Bell then the team is going to be wicked good. At least by the looks of it. There's some franchises you don't expect anything from.

 

 Remember not too long ago when the fantasy world got all tingly with hiring of Shumur to the giants and barkley+obj+engram+shepards ADP's soared  as if they would all finish in the top 3 of their respective positions because it was going to be the most explosive high scoring offense in the NFL. . . .yet their QB Eli was on the waiver wire?

 

Ladies and gentlemen the 2019  Preseason Hype Team is. . . .:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 Remember not too long ago when the fantasy world got all tingly with hiring of Shumur to the giants and barkley+obj+engram+shepards ADP's soared  as if they would all finish in the top 3 of their respective positions because it was going to be the most explosive high scoring offense in the NFL. . . .yet their QB Eli was on the waiver wire?

 

Ladies and gentlemen the 2019  Preseason Hype Team is. . . .:D

 

Arians has been successful everywhere he has been in his career.

 

The hype is warranted, in my opinion. 

 

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Arians

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 Remember not too long ago when the fantasy world got all tingly with hiring of Shumur to the giants and barkley+obj+engram+shepards ADP's soared  as if they would all finish in the top 3 of their respective positions because it was going to be the most explosive high scoring offense in the NFL. . . .yet their QB Eli was on the waiver wire?

 

Ladies and gentlemen the 2019  Preseason Hype Team is. . . .:D

Barkley and OBJ had good to great seasons. All with Eli at QB and a pathetic OLine.

 

Arians has produced career seasons out of everyone he has coached. Ben, Carson Palmer, Luck, etc. He has playoff and SB experience. This is the best hire the Bucs have had since firing Gruden.

 

I lived in the area for 10 years and I love this hire for the Bucs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

All they need now is a QB

QB class this year is weak. Bucs & the Titans ars stuck with two busts playing the QB position

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

 

 Remember not too long ago when the fantasy world got all tingly with hiring of Shumur to the giants and barkley+obj+engram+shepards ADP's soared  as if they would all finish in the top 3 of their respective positions because it was going to be the most explosive high scoring offense in the NFL. . . .yet their QB Eli was on the waiver wire?

 

Ladies and gentlemen the 2019  Preseason Hype Team is. . . .:D

The difference is Eli was obviously on a down fall while Winston is still young with potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, devaster said:

Arians has produced career seasons out of everyone he has coached. Ben, Carson Palmer, Luck, etc.

???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

All they need now is a QB

 

Only Dan Marino has more touchdown passes than Winston by the age of 25.

 

Only Drew Bledsoe has more passing yards by the age of 25. 

 

You can counter with his high interception rate, but I’d counter with the fact that Peyton Manning threw the exact same amount of interceptions as Winston by the age of 25.

 

Winston isn’t perfect by any means, but those two stats are a strong indication that they already have a pretty good young QB. Personally, I think Arians leads Winston to a Mahomes-ish season in 2019. He’s got capable weapons already, if they bring in a pass catching back like Bell, Hunt, Etc look out.

 

 

Edited by Lamont Sanford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

 

Only Dan Marino has more touchdown passes than Winston by the age of 25.

 

Only Drew Bledsoe has more passing yards by the age of 25. 

 

You can counter with his high interception rate, but I’d counter with the fact that Peyton Manning threw the exact same amount of interceptions as Winston by the age of 25.

 

Winston isn’t perfect by any means, but those two stats are a strong indication that they already have a pretty good young QB. Personally, I think Arians leads Winston to a Mahomes-ish season in 2019. He’s got capable weapons already, if they bring in a pass catching back like Bell, Hunt, Etc look out.

 

Woah, let's pump the brakes a little here. I think Arians will do well in Tampa, but Mahomes is coming off a top 3 season EVER in NFL history.  Winston has never thrown 30 TDs in a season so it's quite a jump to say a Mahomes-ish season is in store for 2019.    

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

 

Woah, let's pump the brakes a little here. I think Arians will do well in Tampa, but Mahomes is coming off a top 3 season EVER in NFL history.  Winston has never thrown 30 TDs in a season so it's quite a jump to say a Mahomes-ish season is in store for 2019.    

 

Yes, it’s a lofty prediction and admittedly a bit hyperbolic. But at the same time, you would’ve said the same thing had I predicted a Mahomes-ish season from Mahomes prior to 2018, no?

 

As I posted earlier, Winston’s TD and pass yards by age 25 are topped by just one player in NFL history. So, the talent is there. Now you bring in Bruce Arians to take Winston to the next level, with plenty of weapons at his disposal. So, the situation is there.

 

Proven talent + great situation should equal great success. I’ll also add that a Mahomes-ish season doesn’t necessarily mean Winston has to throw for 5000/50. It just means he’ll have an elite season that catches many by surprise.

 

 

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

 

Yes, it’s a lofty prediction and admittedly a bit hyperbolic. But at the same time, you would’ve said the same thing had I predicted a Mahomes-ish season from Mahomes prior to 2018, no?

 

As I posted earlier, Winston’s TD and pass yards by age 25 are topped by just one player in NFL history. So, the talent is there. Now you bring in Bruce Arians to take Winston to the next level, with plenty of weapons at his disposal. So, the situation is there.

 

Proven talent + great situation should equal great success. I’ll also add that a Mahomes-ish season doesn’t necessarily mean Winston has to throw for 5000/50. It just means he’ll have an elite season that catches many by surprise.

 

 

 

100 percent.  Same with Peyton's 50+ TD season. I understand the point you're making though and I'm high on Winston next year. @petekrum Suggested 4500/35 TDs which would be a great season for Jameis and probably top 5 in fantasy.  I could see that happening depending on the offseason moves they make.  Would like to see some o-line improvement and some positive RoJo news or them going in a different direction at RB.  I love their weapons in the pass game though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JHM_13 said:

 

100 percent.  Same with Peyton's 50+ TD season. I understand the point you're making though and I'm high on Winston next year. @petekrum Suggested 4500/35 TDs which would be a great season for Jameis and probably top 5 in fantasy.  I could see that happening depending on the offseason moves they make.  Would like to see some o-line improvement and some positive RoJo news or them going in a different direction at RB.  I love their weapons in the pass game though.

 

I am praying they take the best OL on their board at 5th overall, and probably another in the 2nd or 3rd lol very correct assessment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

 

Only Dan Marino has more touchdown passes than Winston by the age of 25.

 

Only Drew Bledsoe has more passing yards by the age of 25. 

 

You can counter with his high interception rate, but I’d counter with the fact that Peyton Manning threw the exact same amount of interceptions as Winston by the age of 25.

 

Winston isn’t perfect by any means, but those two stats are a strong indication that they already have a pretty good young QB. Personally, I think Arians leads Winston to a Mahomes-ish season in 2019. He’s got capable weapons already, if they bring in a pass catching back like Bell, Hunt, Etc look out.

 

 

Image result for fred sanford gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JHM_13 said:

 

100 percent.  Same with Peyton's 50+ TD season. I understand the point you're making though and I'm high on Winston next year. @petekrum Suggested 4500/35 TDs which would be a great season for Jameis and probably top 5 in fantasy.  I could see that happening depending on the offseason moves they make.  Would like to see some o-line improvement and some positive RoJo news or them going in a different direction at RB.  I love their weapons in the pass game though.

You're high on Winston, but he isnt that much IF any better than Mariota wich was selected with the next pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed where I said anything comparing Winston and Mariota. Winston's situation is considerably better from a fantasy standpoint though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

You're high on Winston, but he isnt that much IF any better than Mariota wich was selected with the next pick. 

Winston-

56 games played

14,628 passing yards 

88 TDs

794 rush yards

9 rush TDs

 

15,422 total yards

97 TDs

 

Mariota-

56

12004 

69

1270

11

 

13,274  total yards

80 TDs

 

From a fantasy standpoint, Winston’s numbers are superior, and his situation is far superior. If one believes Bruce Arians will bring out the best in Winston, it makes sense to be high on him. What’s the case for being high on Mariota going into 2019?

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

 

 

From a fantasy standpoint, Winston’s numbers are superior, and his situation is far superior. If one believes Bruce Arians will bring out the best in Winston, it makes sense to be high on him. What’s the case for being high on Mariota going into 2019?

 

 

 

 

None.

No OC, serial injury, currently in a run heavy offense, lackluster pass catching talent

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.