Sign in to follow this  
kmoore1521

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 1/10/2019 at 4:40 AM, Lamont Sanford said:

 

Only Dan Marino has more touchdown passes than Winston by the age of 25.

 

Only Drew Bledsoe has more passing yards by the age of 25. 

 

You can counter with his high interception rate, but I’d counter with the fact that Peyton Manning threw the exact same amount of interceptions as Winston by the age of 25.

 

Winston isn’t perfect by any means, but those two stats are a strong indication that they already have a pretty good young QB. Personally, I think Arians leads Winston to a Mahomes-ish season in 2019. He’s got capable weapons already, if they bring in a pass catching back like Bell, Hunt, Etc look out.

 

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't out of the realm of possibilities that Winston has a great QB/fantasy season next year. I don't see him having as few turnovers as Mahomes or passing for as many TD's.

 

Winston was a desirable pick coming into this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

giphy.gif

Same kind of sheep mentality that allowed owners with foresight to get Mahomes in leagues last year. Some of us saw it coming while others laughed when we picked him. 

 

Don’t think a coach can make that big of a difference? See Sean McVay, Todd Gurley, Jared Goff, and the Rams offense in general.

 

 

Edited by Lamont Sanford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Same kind of sheep mentality that allowed owners with foresight to get Mahomes in leagues last year. Some of us saw it coming while others laughed when we picked him. 

 

Don’t think a coach can make that big of a difference? See Sean McVay, Todd Gurley, Jared Goff, and the Rams offense in general.

 

 

Mahomes was really hyped going into the season and heavily targeted in a lot of drafts. No one laughed at him being drafted.

 

Using one of the most drastic coaching changes in league history as an example isn’t really an argument. Anomalies don’t support a case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Mahomes was really hyped going into the season and heavily targeted in a lot of drafts. No one laughed at him being drafted.

 

Using one of the most drastic coaching changes in league history as an example isn’t really an argument. Anomalies don’t support a case.

Mahomes' ADP wasn't anything special. He was going in the mid to late rounds unless someone in your league specifically targeted him early.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, to be completely honest, I’m in two keeper leagues. In one league I kept Mahomes and threw Luck back into the draft. In the other, I drafted Mahomes early enough to get a “wow” in the draft room chat. I know, CSB, but it’s the triple truth, Ruth.

 

So yeah, I targeted him very early and ahead of Luck. Getting a similar vibe about Winston this year, and for good reason, I believe. Arians wants to make Jameis a star, and he’s got the familiarity, talent, situation and weapons to do so. I have a feeling they go after a free agent pass catching RB too, but we’ll see. No clue about RoJo.

 

There’s not going to be a Mahomes every year, but I do think Winston has a shot at being right behind him in 2019.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Using one of the most drastic coaching changes (McVay) in league history as an example isn’t really an argument. Anomalies don’t support a case.

 

A coaching change doesn’t have to be historically drastic to yield significant results. I simply used McVay as a glaring, recent example. 

 

TB already had a great (top 3?) passing offense in 2018. If the fantasy community believes that Arians to Tampa is a good thing, and Arians believes in Winston, why should we believe Winston won’t lead a  top 3 offense in 2019? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure the Bucs pursue a big name FA at RB. They just got done overpaying a washed up Doug Martin. And just drafted a guy in the 2nd round who disappointed year one. Barber has been solid and could be very good under Arians. I just don't know much about Barber's pass catching chops. He was hardly asked to do that. But Barber is the Bucs best runner and pass blocker by a long shot. He regularly creates positive yardage out of negative plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, devaster said:

Mahomes' ADP wasn't anything special. He was going in the mid to late rounds unless someone in your league specifically targeted him early.

It wasn’t special but there was still a lot of hype. All QBs were going late this season minus a few. He was a QB with almost no experience going around the Rivers range. 

 

16 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

 

A coaching change doesn’t have to be historically drastic to yield significant results. I simply used McVay as a glaring, recent example. 

 

TB already had a great (top 3?) passing offense in 2018. If the fantasy community believes that Arians to Tampa is a good thing, and Arians believes in Winston, why should we believe Winston won’t lead a  top 3 offense in 2019? 

You are correct that it doesn’t. However, for Winston to put up Mahomes numbers it does have to be historically and drastically different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gohawks said:

You are correct that it doesn’t. However, for Winston to put up Mahomes numbers it does have to be historically and drastically different.

 

I said Winston could have a Mahomes-ish season. By Mahomes-ish, I meant that he could sneakily blow up and have an elite season to the surprise of many. Not that he would necessarily match Mahones historic numbers. I admitted it was hyperbole, and if I could edit that out I would. I don’t think Winston will match Mahomes historic 2018 season. I do think Winston can have an elite season in 2019. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Mahomes was really hyped going into the season and heavily targeted in a lot of drafts. No one laughed at him being drafted.

 

Using one of the most drastic coaching changes in league history as an example isn’t really an argument. Anomalies don’t support a case.

 

McVay isn't that drastic. Reich did an even bigger turnaround with IND this year -- while actually winning a playoff game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

McVay isn't that drastic. Reich did an even bigger turnaround with IND this year -- while actually winning a playoff game.

Yeah, not really. The bigger turn around in IND was Luck getting healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah, not really. The bigger turn around in IND was Luck getting healthy.

Indy gave up 18 sacks...that's just about as low you can go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arians in Tamps is going to make the NFC South the nastiest division in the NFL. The Saints aren’t going anywhere. I expect the Panthers to bounce back. The Falcons, as much as I loathe their existence, is still a very talented roster that should be a lot healthier in 2019. Now you have Arians in Tampa. The team that wins that division next season will have earned it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psygolf said:

Indy gave up 18 sacks...that's just about as low you can go. 

McVay took a 4 win team and took them to 11 wins. Sure they lost in the WC but they had zero experience.

 

IND went from 4 to 10 and didn’t have a superstar QB the season prior. They were always an 8-11 win team with a healthy luck. Claiming Reich did better is hilarious.

Edited by Gohawks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah, not really. The bigger turn around in IND was Luck getting healthy.

They fielded the best OL Indy has probably ever seen as evidenced by a league low in sacks allowed and one of the better defenses the Colts have ever had. They nailed their first two draft picks. Luck is healthy and looks elite in Reich's offense. It isn't a surprise to see Luck and Indy's success this season. Reich was a big reason for Philly winning last season. Philly had their offensive coaching staff pilfered. The one that went to the Vikes wasn't the guy behind their success. Reich was. And Philly was a lot less effective this season without Reich helping out on offense this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

McVay took a 4 win team and took them to 11 wins. Sure they lost in the WC but they had zero experience.

 

IND went from 4 to 10 and didn’t have a superstar QB the season prior. They were always an 8-11 win team with a healthy luck. Claiming Reich did better is hilarious.

A 4 win team with the DPoY and littered with top-10 1st round picks that had talent. There wasn't much to speak of on the Colts outside of Luck even before his health issues. Luck and Hilton.

 

Also every QB that floundered under Fisher has had success elsewhere since Fisher stopped coaching them. And it wasn't all just McVay.

Edited by devaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, devaster said:

They fielded the best OL Indy has probably ever seen as evidenced by a league low in sacks allowed and one of the better defenses the Colts have ever had. They nailed their first two draft picks. Luck is healthy and looks elite in Reich's offense. It isn't a surprise to see Luck and Indy's success this season. Reich was a big reason for Philly winning last season. Philly had their offensive coaching staff pilfered. The one that went to the Vikes wasn't the guy behind their success. Reich was. And Philly was a lot less effective this season without Reich helping out on offense this season.

That’s great. Still not as good as McVay. He took a borderline identical team and made them contenders. Reich had a lot of change including, as I mentioned multiple times already, getting back one of the best QBs in the NFL. You know, the guy that took them to 3 consecutive 11 win seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

That’s great. Still not as good as McVay. He took a borderline identical team and made them contenders. Reich had a lot of change including, as I mentioned multiple times already, getting back one of the best QBs in the NFL. You know, the guy that took them to 3 consecutive 11 win seasons. 

I like McVay a lot, but he is overrated. Pederson was the real coach of the year last year. And Reich or Reid are the coaches of the year this season.

 

McVay has a hall of fame defensive coordinator. The best defensive player in the NFL. And the best RB in the NFL. The entire offense flows through Gurley. When they can't run with Gurley they suck. The Colts are running the ball and protecting the QB. meh

Edited by devaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, devaster said:

I like McVay a lot, but he is overrated. Pederson was the real coach of the year last year. And Reich or Reid are the coaches of the year this season.

 

McVay has a hall of fame defensive coordinator. The best defensive player in the NFL. And the best RB in the NFL. The entire offense flows through Gurley. When they can't run with Gurley they suck. The Colts are running the ball and protecting the QB. meh

Oh the same Gurley who averaged 3.2 YPC and the same QB who was being called a bust?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Oh the same Gurley who averaged 3.2 YPC and the same QB who was being called a bust?

Yup. The same elite talent at RB and a QB with a coach that can't coach QB's. Keenum and Foles look just fine away from Fisher as well. Fisher's teams underachieved every season with the talent they had due to his coaching. McVay is a very good coach, but the turnaround he has done is overrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

McVay took a 4 win team and took them to 11 wins. Sure they lost in the WC but they had zero experience.

 

IND went from 4 to 10 and didn’t have a superstar QB the season prior. They were always an 8-11 win team with a healthy luck. Claiming Reich did better is hilarious.

not sure why you quoted me with that response

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.