urban2014

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

This season was a disappointment, as he was basically the #2 WR. Bounce back potential

16 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

This season was a disappointment, as he was basically the #2 WR. Bounce back potential

Every year I end up with the guy and he is extremely hit or miss. Might try to avoid him next year unless some reason I'm convinced Cousins has a better year. 

5 hours ago, urban2014 said:

He was a top 15 WR. What was disappointing about that? Hopefully the Vikings make some upgrades to the OL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evincar said:

He was a top 15 WR. What was disappointing about that? Hopefully the Vikings make some upgrades to the OL.

He was top-15, and I won't complain much, but I expected more than a 1000 yd season. I love the electricity in his play.

When Diggs gets really going, he has some amazing days. I mean, this kid can torch an opponent on his own:
- Sept 2017 8/173/2 against Tampa

- Sept 2018 9/128/2 against Green Bay

Plus the guy is a TD monster; in 2017 8 TDs on 849 yds, in 2018 9 on 1021 yards. That's a TD every 110 yards, and that is just an insane rate (average for top receivers is around 150 yd per TD).

8 hours ago, urban2014 said:

I sort of agree and disagree at the same time. Yes, I had also gambled on him becoming the WR1, but the fact is, he was behind Thielen in 2017, and he was still behind Thielen in 2018, so neither of us should be too disappointed (unless you reached for him... which I did...)

"Bounce back" is just not the case though. He is slowly improving:

image.png.3fc23349fbb4aae12663a8f486527e28.png

If you take everything into account:
- Cousins didn't have the best year

- the O-line should improve

- Diggs is still improving

- new OC

I wouldn't be surprised for him to have 100/1200/10 next year, which should put him around WR12. Please note that that takes into account that he generally misses 1-2 games a year - I wouldn't say he's made of glass, but with his style and his frame he just misses a game occasionally.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 10:30 PM, Boudewijn said:

He was top-15, and I won't complain much, but I expected more than a 1000 yd season. I love the electricity in his play.

When Diggs gets really going, he has some amazing days. I mean, this kid can torch an opponent on his own:
- Sept 2017 8/173/2 against Tampa

- Sept 2018 9/128/2 against Green Bay

Plus the guy is a TD monster; in 2017 8 TDs on 849 yds, in 2018 9 on 1021 yards. That's a TD every 110 yards, and that is just an insane rate (average for top receivers is around 150 yd per TD).

I sort of agree and disagree at the same time. Yes, I had also gambled on him becoming the WR1, but the fact is, he was behind Thielen in 2017, and he was still behind Thielen in 2018, so neither of us should be too disappointed (unless you reached for him... which I did...)

"Bounce back" is just not the case though. He is slowly improving:

image.png.3fc23349fbb4aae12663a8f486527e28.png

If you take everything into account:
- Cousins didn't have the best year

- the O-line should improve

- Diggs is still improving

- new OC

I wouldn't be surprised for him to have 100/1200/10 next year, which should put him around WR12. Please note that that takes into account that he generally misses 1-2 games a year - I wouldn't say he's made of glass, but with his style and his frame he just misses a game occasionally.

You know you can make charts with a secondary axis. Kind of thing it's used for.

16 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

You know you can make charts with a secondary axis. Kind of thing it's used for.

image.png.42f6ca4dd02af5142080f53a23ec9f10.png

Fixed, for your viewing pleasure :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2019 at 1:49 PM, urban2014 said:

Career high 102 catches

Career high 1021 yards

Career high 9 TDs

Career high 4 100+ yard games

Finally stayed healthy

25 years old

I wouldn't say 2018 was a disappointment for Diggs. In fact, quite the opposite.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2019 at 8:19 PM, Mr2Saint said:

Career high 102 catches

Career high 1021 yards

Career high 9 TDs

Career high 4 100+ yard games

Finally stayed healthy

25 years old

I wouldn't say 2018 was a disappointment for Diggs. In fact, quite the opposite.

Fine for Diggs, but not for the owners that thought they drafted the vikings wr1.

4 hours ago, psygolf said:

Fine for Diggs, but not for the owners that thought they drafted the vikings wr1.

Hold on, in every draft I participated Thielen was taken before Diggs with a difference of 9 picks in one league. So either you hella reached or you expected something nobody else expected Oo

5 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Hold on, in every draft I participated Thielen was taken before Diggs with a difference of 9 picks in one league. So either you hella reached or you expected something nobody else expected Oo

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp/ppr/12-team/wide-receiver/2018

http://games.espn.com/ffl/livedraftresults?position=WR

Edited by psygolf
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, psygolf said:

And now I'll get called a troll...wait for it.

f7857caf7f36571a9aa4dc5878304746.gif

On 1/16/2019 at 11:11 PM, psygolf said:

I'm confused. He was drafted as a low end WR1/high end WR2 and that's exactly what he did this past season. How can that be disappointing?

Edited by Mr2Saint
  • Like 3

Most people who hype Diggs hate on Theilen. Just accept that Theilen is the better WR -- as he has been the past 3 years -- and that Diggs is still a rising stud. Those statements don't contradict each other.

Diggs had a great year. The o-line is atrocious. Cousins was pressured on over 250 drop backs. For the line cousins had I even thought he held up decently. Vikings need to hopefully move up to get Taylor, Little or hope Risner falls. Diggs is still going to be drafted in the top 30, but I do see the offense going with a heavier run approach this year.

Probably no biggy, but still:

http://m.startribune.com/vikings-ota-observations-receiver-carousel-turns-as-stefon-diggs-skips-voluntary-practices/510285222/

Stefon Diggs skipped the first two OTAs after participating sparingly in the Vikings offseason program that started April 15. He’s expected to return Thursday, according to Cousins.

4 hours ago, BuckeyeNutz said:

WHAT TYPE OF STATS YOU THINK COUSINS WILL BLESS DIGGS WITH THIS YEAR? 95/1000/8 MY GUESS

Actually shouldnt it be the other way around, Kirk has  2 of the top wr's in the NFL shouldnt he be bordering on QB stud this season?. . 🤪

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

Actually shouldnt it be the other way around, Kirk has  2 of the top wr's in the NFL shouldnt he be bordering on QB stud this season?. . 🤪

And a pretty good TE AND a pass-catching back. You'd think all the elements are there.

Except for one thing: Mike Zimmer never had a 4000+yd QB in Minnesota. 

On 2/13/2019 at 4:25 AM, joshua18 said:

Most people who hype Diggs hate on Theilen. Just accept that Theilen is the better WR -- as he has been the past 3 years

He's better if he's in the slot I guess

43 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

He's better if he's in the slot I guess

Theilen has been better no matter what. Even if you look at them on a per game basis given the amount of time that Diggs has been hurt. 

Theilen is a high volume low talent scrub, so he's probably pretty good in ppr kiddie leagues.  I myself prefer touchdowns.  So I like Diggs better.

But the concerns about Minnesota's general offensive philosophy are valid.  Zimmer's stated position on their offseason moves suggest a wish to pound the run and play defense, which could limit the chances for everyone in the Viking passing game.

48 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Theilen is a high volume low talent scrub, so he's probably pretty good in ppr kiddie leagues.  I myself prefer touchdowns.  So I like Diggs better.

Didnt Thielen outscore Diggs in standard and score the same amount of TDs last year? (And outscore Diggs in standard the year before that?)