urban2014

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, martinjlm said:

8 receptions? That would require double digit targets. What have you guys been smoking?

That’s happening this week my dude. Smoke free! Getcha popcorn ready 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember before week 1 he popped up on the injury report as questionable with a hamstring injury.

I'm no doctor, he's looked physically right to me, but maybe that's been contributing to the running game plan (yes I know, that's actually what they want to do either way, but maybe it tilted a play or two Cook's way rather than a pass?)

This seems like the type of situation where you want to zig where everyone is zagging.  Vikings won't be able to run, the Bears secondary is somewhat more questionable than last year than I think the general public recognizes without Amos and Callahan, squeaky wheel...

But man, he's been bad.  Really bad.  Don't know if I have the stones for it.  Hope Scarrence Terrance gets a full practice in today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking of buying low on him, but I know for sure that he'll just be a bench clog. Does he even have any value right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I remember before week 1 he popped up on the injury report as questionable with a hamstring injury.

I'm no doctor, he's looked physically right to me, but maybe that's been contributing to the running game plan (yes I know, that's actually what they want to do either way, but maybe it tilted a play or two Cook's way rather than a pass?)

This seems like the type of situation where you want to zig where everyone is zagging.  Vikings won't be able to run, the Bears secondary is somewhat more questionable than last year than I think the general public recognizes without Amos and Callahan, squeaky wheel...

But man, he's been bad.  Really bad.  Don't know if I have the stones for it.  Hope Scarrence Terrance gets a full practice in today.

 

I'm in the same boat, it's Scary Terry or Decoy Diggs

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn this dude was straight up dropped in a couple my leagues. The kid is a baller but I can understand the panic and frustration. He's so damn good, but with this new run first offense it's hard to trust any pass catcher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, griffin727 said:

 

I'm in the same boat, it's Scary Terry or Decoy Diggs

 

Looks like Decoy Diggs with the hamstring issue for Terry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brettg57 said:

Damn this dude was straight up dropped in a couple my leagues. The kid is a baller but I can understand the panic and frustration. He's so damn good, but with this new run first offense it's hard to trust any pass catcher. 

 

Flipped Diggs and a LB for DHenry and feel like I won the lotto.  

Love Diggs, just not in Minny with that overpaid backup QB at the helm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

 

Looks like Decoy Diggs with the hamstring issue for Terry.

Fantasy football is literally the worst.

I don't mean that euphemistically like the kids are saying these days.  It is the worst thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diggs will be fine.  Vikings are going to have to pass against the Bears, because they ain't gonna be able to run it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diggs last season against Chicago:

13/126/1 TD
8/47/1 TD 

In those games last season, Cook had 20 total carries for 51 total yards.

Expect some volume this weekend.  That plus the "squeaky wheel" has Diggs pointing upward.  If he doesn't have a good game, well, it's big time trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Diggs last season against Chicago:

13/126/1 TD
8/47/1 TD 

In those games last season, Cook had 20 total carries for 51 total yards.

Expect some volume this weekend.  That plus the "squeaky wheel" has Diggs pointing upward.  If he doesn't have a good game, well, it's big time trouble.

Looks like I'm going down with the ship Kenny.

Go Bears front seven, boo Bears press coverage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Harris has him as his number one buy low

i just swapped him for Fitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Diggs last season against Chicago:

13/126/1 TD
8/47/1 TD 

In those games last season, Cook had 20 total carries for 51 total yards.

Expect some volume this weekend.  That plus the "squeaky wheel" has Diggs pointing upward.  If he doesn't have a good game, well, it's big time trouble.

 

The redskins were able to move the ball through the air last week, despite all the ints.  Could not run.  If minny is smart, they will attack through the air more than they have been.

Play action should be very effective with the start that cook has had.

Edited by Brownsfan74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really optimistic for Diggs this week Cousins struggled to get him the ball accurately under pressure against the Packers (not saying to sit him I'm just not optimistic) but then he gets the putrid Giants D, the putrid Eagles secondary, a DET game which not as high on that one but it could turn into a high scoring affair, then KC.  I think (see: hope) he's got some get right games coming up after this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t thrown away an early round pick like this since Thom Brady broke his knee in 2008.

BiG BuST

 

DEAL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 10:06 AM, zshenko said:

I would have never thought that I'd be debating Diggs with waiver wire longshots by week 4

im thinking inman or paul richardson over him.. crazy huh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relax guys lmao this dude is gonna feast Sunday and you guys are gonna look back at this and laugh. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Relax guys lmao this dude is gonna feast Sunday and you guys are gonna look back at this and laugh. 

I got a sneaking suspicion you are right, but not strong enough for him to do it in my starting lineup. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Proteus said:

I haven’t thrown away an early round pick like this since Thom Brady broke his knee in 2008.

BiG BuST

 

DEAL

 

Ok, I have thrown away a lot early round picks because I suck, but for some reason I feel extra crappy about this one. I feel like my girlfriend cheated on me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Relax guys lmao this dude is gonna feast Sunday and you guys are gonna look back at this and laugh. 

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did have have two very good games last. year against this same Chicago defense.  He is currently in my starting lineup, but my confidence is not high.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better today, although no splash plays.  Thielen was shocking today and Diggs looked like the elite talent.  But this offense hasn't looked very good this year outside of Cook (even that didn't work today) and it's scary.  Diggs and Thielen are going to be on a lot of "missed the playoff" team rosters from the looks of this situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...