urban2014

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, hoppychokes said:

Didnt Thielen outscore Diggs in standard and score the same amount of TDs last year? (And outscore Diggs in standard the year before that?)

Yes.  And the year before that as well.

Anyone who says Theilen isn't talented loses all credibility.  His measurable are comparable with Antonio Brown's. 

• Like 2

In a snake, thielen is my preferred ppr choice, but would have no problem taking digs if thielen is gone, if both available, I go thielen, they are kind of a 1a 1a situation going into 2019, both are good

• Like 1

I think both are still WR1s, but that this is the year where Diggs finally outscores Theilen. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I think both are still WR1s, but that this is the year where Diggs finally outscores Theilen. 

I won't make predictions on who finishes with more ppr points, but I agree on both wr1s

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

If you really want to know how good Theilen is, check out the games he has played when Diggs was out of the lineup.

10 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

ppr kiddie leagues

d8ed2bc759afc059e095b049b0e7d418.gif

I love it when people feel superior based on the exact format of nerd hobby they have. I bet the chicks must dig it, though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

d8ed2bc759afc059e095b049b0e7d418.gif

I love it when people feel superior based on the exact format of nerd hobby they have. I bet the chicks must dig it, though.

So true.  Once I saw a joke T-shirt that said "Fantasy Football Legend."  I had to think about it for a few seconds before I got it.

• Like 1

I think wearing a shirt that says "fantasy football" anything is by definition joke material.

As for the Viking WRs, flip a coin. Both should see enough touches and are good enough to be good WR2s with upside for more. I don't generally care for flip-a-coin WR situations, but if I must, I'll deal with this one. I think Cousins has a good chance to have the kind of season people expected last year. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bomont said:

I think wearing a shirt that says "fantasy football" anything is by definition joke material.

As for the Viking WRs, flip a coin. Both should see enough touches and are good enough to be good WR2s with upside for more. I don't generally care for flip-a-coin WR situations, but if I must, I'll deal with this one. I think Cousins has a good chance to have the kind of season people expected last year. 

I'm with you on all points. I think if these guys all stay healthy they can all have better seasons than last year. Cousins, Diggs, thielen, even Rudolph. 

For the record I've got a pretty sweet Fantasy Football shirt with a wizard on it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

For the record I've got a pretty sweet Fantasy Football shirt with a wizard on it. 

A priest, a rabbi, and a wizard walk into a bar........       

;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bomont said:

A priest, a rabbi, and a wizard walk into a bar........       

;)

After a while, the priest turned to the rabbi and asked,

"Is it still a requirement of your faith that you not eat pork?"

The rabbi responded, "Yes, that is still one of our beliefs."

The priest then asked, "Have you ever eaten pork?"

To which the rabbi replied, "Yes, on one occasion I did succumb to temptation and tasted a ham sandwich."

The priest nodded in understanding and went on with his reading.

A while later, the rabbi spoke up and asked the priest, "Is it still a requirement of your church that you remain celibate?

The priest replied, "Yes, that is still very much a part of our faith."

The rabbi then asked him, "Have you ever fallen to the temptations of the flesh?"

The priest replied, "Yes, rabbi, on one occasion I was weak and broke my faith and made love to a woman."

The rabbi nodded understandingly and remained silent, thinking about five minutes.

Finally, the wizard said, "Beats a ******** ham sandwich, doesn"t it?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've been grabbing Diggs in the late 4th nearly every mock draft I've done so far. Typically over the likes of Cooks, Woods, Edelman, Cooper. Diggs vs Golladay seems a likely scenario as well.

Yeah they all seem to be in a similar group. Not sure what kind of auction value he has though.  

On 5/26/2019 at 8:35 PM, hoppychokes said:

Didnt Thielen outscore Diggs in standard and score the same amount of TDs last year? (And outscore Diggs in standard the year before that?)

How many 100 yard games did thielen have in a row? Like 9? Low talent scrubs dont usually do that.

Stefon Diggs only had 4 less targets lass year than thielen also but less yards and catches. Wouldnt that make him low talent scrub too

Thielen was red-hot the first half and cooled off a lot in the second, not sure why. Maybe teams keyed on him? 

10 hours ago, bomont said:

Thielen was red-hot the first half and cooled off a lot in the second, not sure why. Maybe teams keyed on him? 

He's done this 2 years in a row. Some speculation here (but no real answers):

ugh.  I think I'll stick with a slightly lower Diggs cost if those are my choices. Those hot and cold things are maddening.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bomont said:

yes, at chicago and vs new orleans, thielen received the #1 treatment and diggs reaped the benefits with 18 and 11 targets respectively (and 245 yards 2 TDs, totally).

10 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

He's done this 2 years in a row. Some speculation here (but no real answers)

thielen was hot all through september and october. in november, some great defense on thielen led to diggs' success in two games, thielen taking the backseat (chicago / new orleans). thielen scored against the lions 11/4, but only 4 receptions and 22 yards --- for me, this is the only uncharacteristic bust that has "no real answer" because diggs was not playing this game. i suppose the answer could be, danielle hunter scored for the vikings D, latavius murray scored a TD, and the vikings didn't need more than three TDs.

so we saw thielen's last BOOM the last game in november, vs aaron rodgers (8/125/1). a strong finish to an up-and-down november.

so here's what happened next: other than week 1, dalvin cook didn't see 15 or more touches in any game, at least until december when cook saw at least 15 per game. that is the BIG cool-off period for thielen... simply put, cooks ain't good for thielen. and if cooks stays healthy this year, thielen will only feast against teams who either stop the run or put up a ton of points and force cousins' hand.

all this clearly puts thielen in round 3... certainly if thielen maintained his 100+ yard pace he established in the first 8 weeks, we'd be drafting him at 1.05. 

in 2018, thielen saw 10 games with 9 or more targets; diggs saw 9 games of 9 or more targets. to me, even with the vikings intending to run more, both thielen and diggs are solid WR2s with WR1 upside when the wind is at their backs (i.e. gamescript).

On 5/27/2019 at 10:28 AM, joshua18 said:

His measurable are comparable with Antonio Brown's. 

Which ones?

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/adam-thielen/

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/antonio-brown/

I would go so far to say that his measurables are exactly not comparable to Brown's.

Besides, one of the interesting this about Brown is that his measurables are mostly meh, yet he is undeniably one of the best receivers of his generation.

35 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

(GIFs snipped)

I guess that means yes.

You know what happens: if I don't draft Cook he stays healthy. If I do, he gets knocked out for most of the year. 

2 minutes ago, bomont said:

I guess that means yes.

You know what happens: if I don't draft Cook he stays healthy. If I do, he gets knocked out for most of the year. 

as someone heavily invested in both diggs and thielen,

i'm counting on you taking cook in round 2.

giphy.gif

Here’s my take: Thielen feasts as a safety valve. Safety valves often thrive with a bad OL. 

I feel like Diggs is a much more talented player. He is an elite route runner. He can carve up defenses as well as any WR in the league. The problem is that Cousins doesn’t have much time to let plays develop because the OL is terrible. The OL is terrible once again. Therefore, Thielen will probably be better once again.