urban2014

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

19 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I don't get why they don't trade him. They can get good value for him and it's not like they need him anyways. 

Because tormenting me for playing fake football and that moment I had of indecisiveness I had when drafting a WR in the 4th is just too darn fun.

19 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Yes they do. He's a great decoy for Thielen and he helps pull the linebackers back for Cook.

They can get more value for him than a decoy is worth that’s for damn sure.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I will take that trade. 

I'm "lucky" enough to own both.  I guess you're right, at least Evans torched the Giants. Diggs can not be started unless Cook gets injured. 

1 minute ago, Mr Rourke said:

I'm "lucky" enough to own both.  I guess you're right, at least Evans torched the Giants. Diggs can not be started unless Cook gets injured. 

I've played him in weeks 1, 3 and 5 and benched him in 4 and 2.

I'm absolutely prepared to bench him next week so you may want to start him y'all.

11 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I've played him in weeks 1, 3 and 5 and benched him in 4 and 2.

I'm absolutely prepared to bench him next week so you may want to start him y'all.

I luckily haven't started him yet. I hopefully won't this season

This guy is a troll. Reporter asks him if he wants to be in Minnesota and he says, “yea I want to be in Minnesota”.. then winks LOL

Posted (edited)

Talk radio in Boston is talking about Diggs as possibly gettable for the Pats.

Edited by dmb3684
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What concerned me about yesterday's game is that, despite good yardage and TDs from Cousins, he still only threw 27 times.  Having said that, they were up big so if it were a close game, he probably would have been in the mid 30's in attempts.

Mid 30's is ok, but not enough to sustain both WR's.  Very likely neither Diggs nor Thielen have the years that they had last year, even with the encouraging effort yesterday (not specifically with Diggs, but the passing game results from the Vikings).  Cousins needs to be averaging 35+ attempts for that to happen.  Doubtful this happens.

6 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Of course they are. Once a player from a different team looks at their coach weird Patriots fans think he’s theirs. 

Although I wouldn’t be too shocked if he goes to NE or SEA. Both have a weird ability to get players they want. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gohawks said:

Of course they are. Once a player from a different team looks at their coach weird Patriots fans think he’s theirs. 

Although I wouldn’t be too shocked if he goes to NE or SEA. Both have a weird ability to get players they want. 

Lots of players want to come to the Pats. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

What concerned me about yesterday's game is that, despite good yardage and TDs from Cousins, he still only threw 27 times.  Having said that, they were up big so if it were a close game, he probably would have been in the mid 30's in attempts.

Mid 30's is ok, but not enough to sustain both WR's.  Very likely neither Diggs nor Thielen have the years that they had last year, even with the encouraging effort yesterday (not specifically with Diggs, but the passing game results from the Vikings).  Cousins needs to be averaging 35+ attempts for that to happen.  Doubtful this happens.

They completed three passes in the second half.  Attempted five.

Basically, if they have a double digit lead in the second half, they're running.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Lots of players want to come to the Pats. 

Of course. It’s not surprising players want to play for organizations that are proven winners. That’s one reason teams like NE and SEA are able to get a lot of these players. 

• Like 1

Websites say Philadelphia uses a lot of blitz and to counter it, the Vikings have to make short/quick dump passes to Diggs. Is this something that could actually happen? Are teams passing the ball against Philadelphia?

9 minutes ago, ed06288 said:

Websites say Philadelphia uses a lot of blitz and to counter it, the Vikings have to make short/quick dump passes to Diggs. Is this something that could actually happen? Are teams passing the ball against Philadelphia?

Yes, their secondary is garbage while the front 7 is quite good. They will likely try to make Cousins beat them (ha)

On 10/7/2019 at 11:45 AM, dmb3684 said:

Been hearing this rumor for awhile... someone needs to step in and trade for the guy already ... anyone else patriots or not.

Why are we still talking about a 4 target, un-startable, borderline WR3? Those who did not listen to the coach speak about being a running team and grabbed him early in the drafts like me just need to roll with the punches and move on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Why are we still talking about a 4 target, un-startable, borderline WR3? Those who did not listen to the coach speak about being a running team and grabbed him early in the drafts like me just need to roll with the punches and move on.

The trade hopes make me unable to drop him really.  But hey I dropped Josh Gordon yesterday so Diggs isnt that far away.

I think Diggs redeems himself this week! just a hunch

2 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

I think Diggs redeems himself this week! just a hunch

Needs some more targets ... deep ones too that may not really come next week.

1 minute ago, FouLLine said:

Needs some more targets ... deep ones too that may not really come next week.

True but he can turn a slant route into a long td...that's what im hoping for haha

Do we have game film that shows teams intentionally doing quick passes to wide receivers to beat Philly? Or does Minnesota continue to run the ball this week, even against 8 man fronts? I'm scared they will be stubborn and continue to run the ball anyway.  

8 minutes ago, ed06288 said:

Do we have game film that shows teams intentionally doing quick passes to wide receivers to beat Philly? Or does Minnesota continue to run the ball this week, even against 8 man fronts? I'm scared they will be stubborn and continue to run the ball anyway.  

They are a running team. They have constantly announced that. Even before the season starts. They are doing just fine. I don’t think they are gonna switch up their entire gameplay. They are 3rd or 4th in the league in point differential. They are doing exactly what they want to do 

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

Yes, their secondary is garbage while the front 7 is quite good. They will likely try to make Cousins beat them (ha)

I'm on the same boat with this and its the only reason I'm starting Diggs this week. Quite possibility for the last time, if he does not produce those WR2 numbers for us. 

To the RB position in past 5 weeks for rushing yards, they've only given up a total of 28(1), 54(2), 85(3) , 77(4), and 67(5) yards. The most rushing yards the eagles have given up, to a single player, was 44 yard to McKissic from 1 rush attempt.... That week was also their most given up yards to rushing, if you add Kerryon 20 rush attempt for 36 yards(+TJ 5 yeards). Cousin should be airing more than 30+ this game, so lets hope 20% of the targets to go to Diggs

2 hours ago, ed06288 said:

Julio week 2.

Ridley also beat them on long balls that week.  Their corners are a disaster.

No idea how that translates to a team with a very different philosophy like the Vikings.  Zimmer may just run anyway, or implement a screen game to keep away from their pass rush.

1 hour ago, LoneSoldier said:

I'm on the same boat with this and its the only reason I'm starting Diggs this week. Quite possibility for the last time, if he does not produce those WR2 numbers for us. 

To the RB position in past 5 weeks for rushing yards, they've only given up a total of 28(1), 54(2), 85(3) , 77(4), and 67(5) yards. The most rushing yards the eagles have given up, to a single player, was 44 yard to McKissic from 1 rush attempt.... That week was also their most given up yards to rushing, if you add Kerryon 20 rush attempt for 36 yards(+TJ 5 yeards). Cousin should be airing more than 30+ this game, so lets hope 20% of the targets to go to Diggs

Fair enough, but look who the Eagles played - Redskins (terrible offense), Falcons (RB sucks and they pass like crazy), Lions (average at best running attack), Packers (this was a good effort), and the Jets (Le'veon is good but they played without Darnold and got way up early).

It is good that they have produced excellent defense against the run, but they haven't faced a rushing attack like Minnesota yet either.

I think Minn again tries to establish the run, simply because they believe they can run over everyone.  Only Chicago has been able to slow Cook down.  If that fails, hopefully Zimmer learns from the Chi game and goes to the air, but who knows.  That guy is stubborn.