urban2014

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

The teams that have competed with the Vikings this year forced them to throw.  Detroit is a good team that has been competitive in all of their games.

And, as mentioned, Diggs is simply too good to bench in all but the most ludicrously shallow of leagues.

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Starting Diggs is never chasing points.  Diggs is simply too good for that.

Chasing points would be starting Jaron Brown after his two-TD game last week.

See the difference?

I dunno. I think maybe Will Fuller is the reference point here. Had four games in a row between 23 and 69 yards, then blew up for 217 yards and 3 TDs in a great matchup, then followed that up with 44 yards and no TDs. Diggs is boom and bust in this run, run, run, offense and pretty dependent on the matchup. I started him with confidence last week because I knew that pass funnel defense matchup of the Eagles was that great. This week I'm forced to start him if Christian Kirk is out. But if Kirk is playing against the Giants, I'm starting Kirk and sitting Diggs. Diggs still has value on a fantasy team as an exciting boom/bust option whose booms are pretty sweet, because he will blow up in the right matchups. Is the Lions one of those matchups? Mmmm...probably not. 

28 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The teams that have competed with the Vikings this year forced them to throw.  Detroit is a good team that has been competitive in all of their games.

And, as mentioned, Diggs is simply too good to bench in all but the most ludicrously shallow of leagues.

I'd say it depends on your options.

I have none, so I'm starting him.  But this game and the Philly game bear no resemblance to me in terms of how I expect Zimmer to approach it.  Philly's D-Line is a beast and their secondary is a disaster.  The Lions can't stop the run and they have Darrius Slay.

It is possible that Diggs has a startable game against Slay, he has before, but I just can't share your optimism.

I hope you're right and I look like an idiot.  I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 6:42 PM, mlrush said:

So are you guys trying to sell high? If so what are you valuing him at?

I think now is the time to buy. His owners are obviously still salty about the poor games earlier in the year, and think they're "being smart" or "selling high" by selling after this monster game. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

need to keep an eye on D Slays status.. if he sits, MIN will definitely want to exploit that.

6 minutes ago, mlrush said:

need to keep an eye on D Slays status.. if he sits, MIN will definitely want to exploit that.

He won't sit.

He's been questionable with the hamstring and played the past couple weeks.

Not too worried about Slay tbh.

Darius Slay (questionable, hamstring) is expected to play Week 7 against the Vikings.

Slay didn't receive his normal practice reps this week (he was a limited participant at all three sessions), though there was never any real concern over his Week 7 status. We imagine he'll see a steady dose of Stefon Diggs, who obliterated the Eagles to the tune of 167 yards and three touchdowns in Week 6.

On 10/18/2019 at 1:31 PM, JE7HorseGod said:

I'd say it depends on your options.

I have none, so I'm starting him.  But this game and the Philly game bear no resemblance to me in terms of how I expect Zimmer to approach it.  Philly's D-Line is a beast and their secondary is a disaster.  The Lions can't stop the run and they have Darrius Slay.

It is possible that Diggs has a startable game against Slay, he has before, but I just can't share your optimism.

I hope you're right and I look like an idiot.  I'll leave it at that.

I'm here for my crow, thanks Stefon.

And thanks Lions for making it a mostly competitive game.

I probably also owe some gratitude to Theilen's hamstring if I'm being 100% honest, but that seems macabre.

On 10/18/2019 at 11:03 AM, championship or bust said:

so your logic applies to every WR then.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:57 AM, JE7HorseGod said:

He's talented, but no amount of talent is going to sway Mike Zimmer away from running the ball in the second half with a double digit lead.

Which looks likely in this game.

I mean pump yourself up however you need to.  But to pretend like Diggs is a no brainer is just burying your head in the sand given the way things have gone this year.

zimmer ran the ball second half? last i saw diggs got a 65yd reception towards the end of the game even with a big lead?

5 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

zimmer ran the ball second half? last i saw diggs got a 65yd reception towards the end of the game even with a big lead?

I know, I'm pleased, see the post above your's.

He even had a pretty decent day before then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

He already admitted that he was wrong, which is a lot more than most posters here can do.  No need to get on him.

• Thanks 2

this man is going to raw dog the skins secondary Thursday night. 2 things I am going to be happy for

1. thielens hamstring..sucks to suck for him

2. redskins secondary Thursday night.

19 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

He already admitted that he was wrong, which is a lot more than most posters here can do.  No need to get on him.

All good.  Like I said I'm here for the crow.

I was wrong, Diggs had a great game.  Simple as that.

Appreciate it though.

• Like 1

In standard, Diggs is now the overall #4 WR.  Let that sink in for a bit.

With Thielen out and facing Washington and KC for the next 2, there's a good chance he stays there for a while.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

In standard, Diggs is now the overall #4 WR.  Let that sink in for a bit.

With Thielen out and facing Washington and KC for the next 2, there's a good chance he stays there for a while.

I'm a do all Diggs owners a solid and keep pouring haterade on him because it's obviously working.

Redskins are a joke team.  Zim runs it 45 times on Thursday.  Diggs 3 catches for 15 yards in the first Q, no attempts after that cuz Vikings are leading 24-0.

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2019 at 8:29 AM, gmoneypm said:

He has actually had 7 catches and 100+ yards in the past 2 out of 3 weeks...

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I'm a do all Diggs owners a solid and keep pouring haterade on him because it's obviously working.

Redskins are a joke team.  Zim runs it 45 times on Thursday.  Diggs 3 catches for 15 yards in the first Q, no attempts after that cuz Vikings are leading 24-0.

He actually has 7 catches and 100+ yards in the past 3 out of 4 weeks...

Just now, gmoneypm said:

Boo.  He sux.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, gmoneypm said:

He had another TD pass go right thru his hands in a key point in the game yesterday. It was not even that tough of a catch. The Vikes missed the subsequent FG and it looked like Det might get the momentum back.  

He has had a couple of drops, ball goes through hands and bounces of face mask for an Int in prior weeks. He could have had much bigger games if he was really concentrating.

Ugh I'm terrified to start him on TNF, plus Scary Terry. Whatever I do I know it will be end up being the wrong decision.

2 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Who will Diggs be lining up across this week?

The issue is more so The Vikings may not need to pass at all, the redskins defense pretty bad. Plus, doubtful the Skins will be piling up points to force the Vikings to throw.

• Thanks 1

Just now, griffin727 said:

The issue is more so The Vikings may not need to pass at all, the redskins defense pretty bad. Plus, doubtful the Skins will be piling up points to force the Vikings to throw.

Very true. But what are the odds that the Skins put up a decent game? I mean, it is TNF... weird stuff happens.