urban2014

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

Very true. But what are the odds that the Skins put up a decent game? I mean, it is TNF... weird stuff happens. 

I think the likely bad game script is counteracted by Thielen not playing.  Whatever passing damage is done will probably be through Diggs, as the Skins don't have anyone who can cover him.  I'd call Diggs a low end WR1 play this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

Very true. But what are the odds that the Skins put up a decent game? I mean, it is TNF... weird stuff happens. 

Diggs has been playing to well to sit on thurs i think. Regardless of matchup it seems silly to sit him if you play more than 2 or 3 WRs .. the vikes may go up early but with Theilen out hopefully diggs is part of the reason they do 

Cousins will likely shred his former team in a #RevengeGame and with Thielen likely out, I'm guessing Diggs goes off.  Like 8 for 130 and then the question is whether he gets a TD (and, if so, how many).  Must start lock and load.

I think this could be another decent game. MIN needs to keep momentum going and not take their foot off the gas. They can't afford a loss here. Yes this could be a heavy run-script game but Diggs will still get his targets I believe.  Theilen may play which would be a good thing for Diggs, to help keep the D honest.  Theilen may even be somewhat of a decoy, allowing more targets to Diggs.

Starting with confidence.

You guys are ridiculous. Stop overthinking. You just start him. And just like every other player, he may put up a dud or may go off. But you don't sit him...gosh...

• Like 1

Thielen is OUT for Thursday. Not great news for Diggs who will be doubled all day. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Thielen is OUT for Thursday. Not great news for Diggs who will be doubled all day. 

oh no that washington defense. This is great for diggs. More targets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Olabisi Johnson - 8 Targets and a TD (once Thielen went down) <---Great spot start this week. He's going to be wide open.

Diggs - 8 Targets (the whole game)

Edited by martinjlm

6 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Yes. He only dropped 150 yards without Thielen last week. I wonder how he can even compete against this elite WAS team though...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martinjlm said:

Olabisi Johnson - 8 Targets and a TD (once Thielen went down) <---Great spot start this week. He's going to be wide open.

Diggs - 8 Targets (the whole game)

Diggs - 7 Catches 143 yards

Johnson - 4 catches 40 yards 

Excuse my potty mouth but what in the f--- are you even arguing? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gohawks said:

Things

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Check the splits for Diggs without Thielen playing then come back and let us know your thoughts.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Check the splits for Diggs without Thielen playing then come back and let us know your thoughts.

According to Pro Football Reference, this is the first game Thielen has missed in his career.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThieAd00.htm

Edited by JE7HorseGod
Why he gotta spell his name like that?
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Most things in the NFL are based on what have you done lately. Diggs clearly excelled even with Adam Thielen out of the lineup last week

12 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

6 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

According to Pro Football Reference, this is the first game Theilen has missed in his career.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThieAd00.htm

Diggs is on pace for 2,288 yards over a season in games that Thielen does not play. 

Edited by Gohawks

Just now, Gohawks said:

Diggs is on pace for 2,288 over a season in games that Thielen does not play. 

Image result for divide by zero

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Exactly. 

"Hey so we have no sample size of Diggs without Thielen except the limited one from last game where he went off but i'm going to say he sucks without Thielen" Your logic makes no sense.

We only have a sample size in the reverse. Thielen is nothing without Diggs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

"Hey so we have no sample size of Diggs without Thielen except the limited one from last game where he went off but i'm going to say he sucks without Thielen" Your logic makes no sense.

We only have a sample size in the reverse. Thielen is nothing without Diggs. 

Go check the splits when Diggs missed time. 

This is theoretically a smash spot for Diggs, which probably means he won't do much.

But Diggs is now, and has always been, WAY too good to sit, regardless of the matchup, when Diggs is healthy.

Btw martinjlm pwnt

Without Diggs, Thielen is nearly useless.  But the reverse will not likely be true.

• Haha 1

Go check out week 3 and see who got the TDs on another run heavy team vs Washington. We all know this is going to be a Dalvin Cook and WR2 game. 

1 minute ago, martinjlm said:

Go check out week 3 and see who got the TDs on another run heavy team vs Washington. We all know this is going to be a Dalvin Cook and WR2 game. 

The only thing I know is that Diggs has made a monkey of all those who suggested to bench him for like four straight weeks now.