urban2014

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

37 minutes ago, Steve-O said:

What if Thielen was in the game?

hard to say. Maybe he would have posted 140+ yards like he also did the last 2 weeks when Thielen was in the game. 

Opponent does not matter.  Gameflow does not matter.  Thielen in or Thielen out does not matter.

You play Diggs if you have Diggs.  End of story.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Opponent does not matter.  Gameflow does not matter.  Thielen in or Thielen out does not matter.

I'll play devil's advocate. Right now is a prime opportunity to sell high on Diggs following three 100+ yard receiving games over the last 4 of 5 games the Vikings have played. If you can flip Diggs for a guy like Josh Jacobs, or package him in a 2 for 2 deal then I think it may be advantageous. Kirk Cousins is a streaky QB, and Thielen was out last night. I myself am looking to sell high if I can, but I'm not looking to sell for just anything. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Diggs is the closest thing talent wise to what AB is (was?). Keenan might be a slightly better route runner but Diggs roasts corners if he gets a step. He would be an easy top 5 WR production wise if he got 10+ targets a game.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

For value sake, I think you can easily get a Top 10 RB for Diggs right now. 

No way.  Position scarcity.  WR1 does not equal RB1 in terms of trade value.

I think anyone that can sell high should def do it. ROS schedule isn't too friendly, Thielen is back next week and very strong possibility that it'll be back to like 20 passes a game for Cousins with a heavy dose of Cook. Look at the last 3 games, the blowup game against the worst secondary in the league (PHL) and Theilen pretty much missed the last two games. If i could flip him now straight up for someone like TY Hilton i'd do it with no hesitation. 

Edited by Randy_Rancourtt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why do people think his schedule is so bad?  I see 4 good matchups (Chiefs, Seahawks, Lions, Packers) and 3 bad ones (Dallas, Den, Chargers).  Doesn't seem too awful to me.  You can't have a good matchup every week.

3 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Why do people think his schedule is so bad?  I see 4 good matchups (Chiefs, Seahawks, Lions, Packers) and 3 bad ones (Dallas, Den, Chargers).  Doesn't seem too awful to me.  You can't have a good matchup every week.

I agree. Also the past couple weeks, Cousins and Diggs have been hooking up for some good plays. 2 weeks of working on their chemistry is going to pay off long term.  Last week a couple long ball TDs and they are also getting him involved in some sweeps vs PHI.

I've been trying to trade for him for weeks in the leagues I don't own him and the owners are asking for a small fortune.

The issue for Diggs has been offensive matchups rather than defensive matchups. When the opposing team can’t stay on the field or score, the Vikings don’t throw. Diggs can roast any corner in the league. The problems have occurred when they don’t need him to.

We got lucky the last two games when Thielen was out, because Diggs would have had more like a 2-60-0 line last night had Thielen played.

Looking ahead, they play some good offenses. They’ve already played the bad ones like ATL, OAK, and NYG (incidentally, Diggs’ three worst games). Aside from Denver in Week 11, there should be plenty of games where Cousins can’t get away with handing off or checking down to Cook 30 times. Something to think about when selling high.

• Thanks 1

I'm gonna agree with this.  Both Diggs and Cook got most of their points in the first half, when the game was competitive.  Any sort of blowout and the main beneficiary will be Mattison.

• Like 1

The better the opponent, the lesser the chance Zimmer can grab a 2 pt lead and go back into his shell.

If Mahomes returns in time for KC-Minn?  Bonanza baby.

14 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

The issue for Diggs has been offensive matchups rather than defensive matchups. When the opposing team can’t stay on the field or score, the Vikings don’t throw. Diggs can roast any corner in the league. The problems have occurred when they don’t need him to.

We got lucky the last two games when Thielen was out, because Diggs would have had more like a 2-60-0 line last night had Thielen played.

Looking ahead, they play some good offenses. They’ve already played the bad ones like ATL, OAK, and NYG (incidentally, Diggs’ three worst games). Aside from Denver in Week 11, there should be plenty of games where Cousins can’t get away with handing off or checking down to Cook 30 times. Something to think about when selling high.

Good points that i didn't think of. Another point i'd make is that their defense is good enough to prevent those good offenses from putting up 30-40 points and could just try to kill as much clock as possible by running when they do have the ball to keep those offenses off the field. 

21 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I'm gonna agree with this.  Both Diggs and Cook got most of their points in the first half, when the game was competitive.  Any sort of blowout and the main beneficiary will be Mattison.

This isn’t true, at least in PPR.  Diggs had 8 pts at the half and finished with 21.3.  Pretty similar numbers in both halves (3 for 70 with the fumble in the 1st and 4 for 73 in the 2nd).

3 minutes ago, herschel said:

This isn’t true, at least in PPR.  Diggs had 8 pts at the half and finished with 21.3.  Pretty similar numbers in both halves (3 for 70 with the fumble in the 1st and 4 for 73 in the 2nd).

My bad, you're right about Diggs.  In standard he had 5 points at the half and 12.3 by the end of the game.

12 minutes ago, herschel said:

yep. in my ppr league, he had 8 in the first half, then 11 in the second half. Finished with 19 points. [....] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Is regression coming for Diggs?  Thielen back now.  I'd bet the revert back to more running and they will pass more than they were for the first few games, but Thielen is Kirk's first read, not Diggs.  Got me worried a little bit.

13 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Is regression coming for Diggs?  Thielen back now.  I'd bet the revert back to more running and they will pass more than they were for the first few games, but Thielen is Kirk's first read, not Diggs.  Got me worried a little bit.

It's impossible to distinguish between a career year and a hot streak that will regress.  You can worry all you want, but he's playing like a WR1 so you gotta keep him in there for now.

44 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

hes averaging 30ppg in his last 3 games in ppr.  i would think its safe to say regression is coming.  doesnt mean he cant still be a low end wr1/high end wr2.

Regression will hit at some point but are you leaving him out of your lineup? I think not...

Edited by griffin727

On 10/25/2019 at 3:54 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

You sure don’t play him if he shows up anywhere on the injury report.  He does not play well even with slight tweaks.

7 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

You sure don’t play him if he shows up anywhere on the injury report.  He does not play well even with slight tweaks.

That is true.  Diggs is fully healthy now, by all accounts.