urban2014

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

Just now, bigblue592 said:

Gotta love having both him and OBJ on the same team. What was I thinking? 

You were initially thinking Championship. Now you're hoping to make the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

FWIW, I remember he had the same injury last season and practiced on a limited basis leading up to the weekend and ended up playing that Sunday.

This is actually false, he never had a hamstring issue last season.

He's so good but probably about the most likely player in the league to have a soft tissue injury. The problem is that he usually plays through it and is a decoy or non factor. I'd rather he just sit out and get healthy and not give you false hope that he's gonna be himself out there.

29 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

This is actually false, he never had a hamstring issue last season.

my bad - it was a knee injury.

I'm not even sure what to do here. I feel like sitting him, but I mean, this is a top 10-15 WR. The fact that Zimmer doesn't even know if he'll be able to play seems to mean I'm just going to sit him and re-evaluate next week. If he goes off on the bench, well I can have more confidence to play him with his Q tag next week.

1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

I'm not even sure what to do here. I feel like sitting him, but I mean, this is a top 10-15 WR. The fact that Zimmer doesn't even know if he'll be able to play seems to mean I'm just going to sit him and re-evaluate next week. If he goes off on the bench, well I can have more confidence to play him with his Q tag next week.

Depends who you have to replace him.  I don't think you can make any sort of decision until gametime,  Decision might be made for you if he's inactive.

• Like 1

sell low.

WR that start the season injured do not get healthy as the season progresses.

7 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

sell low.

WR that start the season injured do not get healthy as the season progresses.

By this logic, you would have missed Odell Beckham's rookie season where he put up 1305/12 in 12 games.

• Like 2

Hopefully he doesnt play, otherwise this could become a season long issue.

Pretty worried about him now. And unfortunately, MIN BYE is not until week 12 so they either shut him down for games until he's healthy or we get a crippled high draft pick for most of the season.

10 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Pretty worried about him now. And unfortunately, MIN BYE is not until week 12 so they either shut him down for games until he's healthy or we get a crippled high draft pick for most of the season.

I would have hit you with the sad face, but since they removed that as an option I'll just tell you thay I would've done that 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Didn't Diggs practice on Thursday and Friday?  And then get his game days shoes delivered?  I am thinking he's going to be okay for tomorrow.

On 9/6/2019 at 5:31 PM, TTo34 said:

By this logic, you would have missed Odell Beckham's rookie season where he put up 1305/12 in 12 games.

Yea. If he sits as long as Odell and comes back he may be ok. 

I moreso meant he's not going to get healthy while also playing every Sunday. You only get more banged up as the season progresses. 

Edited by FritzLn

Diggs will be suiting up today, I'm assuming everyone will start him today knowing the hamstring situation? Even a 80% diggs would torch the falcons defense. 

Diggs coming off a week where he’s been “questionable” is usually always a down game for Diggs.

I’m benching this week.

I'm hesitant but don't really like my alternatives. Nothing like agonizing over a lineup in Week 1. Great omen for the rest of the season. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mjagger42 said:

I'm hesitant but don't really like my alternatives. Nothing like agonizing over a lineup in Week 1. Great omen for the rest of the season. 

Looks ok to me....?

17 minutes ago, mjagger42 said:

Zero burst. Looks like he is favoring one side and hesitates on the turn and comeback. Ugh.

Yep take him out back and shoot him Old Yeller style lol

Fk it, I'm starting him. My other options aren't that great. Picking Melvin Gordon where I did rears it's ugly head.

Good luck in your games today fellas. 

I thought the rep in first clip wasn't enough to tell anything. Looked ok in the 2nd clip. Unfortunately that doesn't really help either.

Yeah had to bench (for Fuller).

Stinks because the match-up is so exploitable, but as I learned with Diggs last year, when he is not at 100% (or simply on the injury report) he typically disappoints.