urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

Is everyone worried because of Metcalf?

Just now, ponza88 said:

I think it was the lack of targets.   🤷‍♂️  even tho he had a 40 yard TD and almost another.

Overreaction and week 1 ponza....is there a more iconic duo 😆  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ever hear of migraines?  do you understand how utterly debilitating they can be?

gimme a broken/sprained/torn muscle appendage or ligament ANY DAY over chronic migraines. 

I’m not sure how this is even relevant 

1 minute ago, ponza88 said:

I watched this game and would be worried for three reasons:

Metcalf looks good

Russel Wilson was looking for him much more than Lockett

The pie for wide receivers may be too small to start Seahawks receivers unless the Seahawks are chasing points

• Thanks 2

Just now, bhawks489 said:

I’m not sure how this is even relevant 

because a great deal of Harvin's troubles were a direct result of the migraines he suffered. 

• Thanks 1

Do we really want Seattle to only have one legit weapon in passing game?   That is not a good thing IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

because a great deal of Harvin's troubles were a direct result of the migraines he suffered. 

Oh ok, I figured that be the case.

i was just comparing the two saying they were good players who were off the field too much from injury, that’s all.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bhawks489 said:

Oh ok, I figured that be the case.

i was just comparing the two saying they were good players who were off the field too much from injury, that’s all.

yeah, np ... i got the gist 👍 shame for both, no doubt.

• Like 1

Metcalf isn't an issue, if anything he helps Lockett's stock if he can establish himself as legit and draw coverage away from him

• Like 3

Im new to fantasy footbal and just recently started watching. But can you really tell how a player is going to produce after just one game? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, buckets88 said:

Im new to fantasy footbal and just recently started watching. But can you really tell how a player is going to produce after just one game? 

Most people can't, but I can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Do we really want Seattle to only have one legit weapon in passing game?   That is not a good thing IMO

I'm OK with that.

Metcalf opens up the whole middle of the field for Lockett if he can establish himself as a threat. It is a positive my friends. Less double teams for Lockett (which Lockett beat on the TD catch anyway). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Metcalf opens up the whole middle of the field for Lockett if he can establish himself as a threat. It is a positive my friends. Less double teams for Lockett (which Lockett beat on the TD catch anyway). 

I'm OK with that too.   Just throw him the ball.

• Like 1

Metcalf doesn't worry me. 2 targets in a close game does. He needs more volume to produce at higher level than he did last year (which was still pretty good, but not the jump most of us envisioned when we picked him). Concerned about his consistency going forward.

• Like 1

Just now, '71 Bucks said:

Metcalf doesn't worry me. 2 targets in a close game does. He needs more volume to produce at higher level than he did last year (which was still pretty good, but not the jump most of us envisioned when we picked him). Concerned about his consistency going forward.

But....week 1

Adjustments coming from Seattle as well as the next defense they play-  who are busy watching film on DK as we speak.   💪 

Just wait 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 9amest said:

Metcalf isn't an issue, if anything he helps Lockett's stock if he can establish himself as legit and draw coverage away from him

This is incorrect if people want Lockett to breakout as many predicted.

As I mentioned, Metcalf has had great chemistry with Wilson. Seattle cannot have a 1A and 1B situation with both players being very good in fantasy. Metcalf and Lockett can coexist but it just means Lockett will not deliver on his ADP. They simply do not throw the ball enough.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

This is incorrect if people want Lockett to breakout as many predicted.

As I mentioned, Metcalf has had great chemistry with Wilson. Seattle cannot have a 1A and 1B situation with both players being very good in fantasy. Metcalf and Lockett can coexist but it just means Lockett will not deliver on his ADP. They simply do not throw the ball enough.

Hes already delivering on his adp and had one catch 🙄 

6 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Bad comparison. Harvin was a one trick pony who couldn't stay healthy. Lockett is a MUCH more polished receiver. He'll be fine and I'd personally be trying to buy low. 

Harvin a one trick pony is BS.

I hope you're right on Lockett though.

3 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

Wrong. Harvin was a premier weapon and one of the best WRs in the league who put up WR1 seasons with utter trash throwing him the ball. Lockett is great but that doesn't mean Harvin wasn't.

Exactly.

The guy should've been SB MVP also.

Edited by DLG10

For a team with a QB as good as Wilson the Seahawks offense is downright primitive.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sSektor said:

For a team with a QB as good as Wilson the Seahawks offense is downright primitive.

It's their new winning philosophy and it has worked for 1+ seasons so far...Run the hell out of the ball, keep Wilson healthy and win games.

From a fantasy perspective, I still like Lockett because that running game should be able open up the play action and the overall passing game. There's going to be upcoming games (Pitt, NO, LAR, CLE) where the Seahawks will have to open it up a little. I would still give Lockett some time.

Edited by nonstopfan

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

It's their new winning philosophy and it has worked for 1+ seasons so far...Run the hell out of the ball, keep Wilson healthy and win games.

From a fantasy perspective, I still like Lockett because that running game should be able open up the play action and the overall passing game. There's going to be upcoming games (Pitt, NO, LAR, CLE) where the Seahawks will have to open it up a little. I would still give Lockett some time.

We all saw the playoff game last season. The amount of times they let Wilson throw was inexcusable for a franchise QB. There's being run-heavy and theres being stubborn. Seahawks last season were definitely the latter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1