urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

39 minutes ago, sSektor said:

We all saw the playoff game last season. The amount of times they let Wilson throw was inexcusable for a franchise QB. There's being run-heavy and theres being stubborn. Seahawks last season were definitely the latter.

This is what I dont get. Wilson looks to have good football IQ and doesnt make too many mistakes. Let him air it out more.

• Like 2

I'm gonna regret sitting Lockett this week. I know better days (targets-wise) should be ahead, but I have some depth at WR and can't take the risk that Lockett may only see 5 or less targets this week again.  If i'm wrong then at least i'll feel a bit better about his target share rising (not hard to do based on last week), and starting him again with confidence.  Who's rolling him out there this week?  If Haden misses the game does that change your outlook?

Edited by TheINC
  • Like 2

Just now, TheINC said:

I'm gonna regret sitting Lockett this week. I know better days (targets-wise) should be ahead, but I have some depth at WR and can't take the risk that Lockett may only see 5 or less targets this week again.  If i'm wrong then at least i'll feel a bit better about his target share rising (not hard to do based on last week), and starting him again with confidence.  Who's rolling him out there this week?  If Haden missed the game that change his outlook at all?

Rolling him out, but I have Hill injured. Does anyone know if Lockett was even back to return kicks but just didn't get a chance???

Picked him a little high in my return yards league, but didn't see him on the stat sheet...

4 hours ago, tpat30 said:

Rolling him out, but I have Hill injured. Does anyone know if Lockett was even back to return kicks but just didn't get a chance???

Picked him a little high in my return yards league, but didn't see him on the stat sheet...

Yes he was in on returns. Never had a chance. 

6 hours ago, TheINC said:

I'm gonna regret sitting Lockett this week. I know better days (targets-wise) should be ahead, but I have some depth at WR and can't take the risk that Lockett may only see 5 or less targets this week again.  If i'm wrong then at least i'll feel a bit better about his target share rising (not hard to do based on last week), and starting him again with confidence.  Who's rolling him out there this week?  If Haden misses the game does that change your outlook?

Almost veryone should be rolling him out there, outside of like 8 team leagues.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

It's their new winning philosophy and it has worked for 1+ seasons so far...Run the hell out of the ball, keep Wilson healthy and win games.

From a fantasy perspective, I still like Lockett because that running game should be able open up the play action and the overall passing game. There's going to be upcoming games (Pitt, NO, LAR, CLE) where the Seahawks will have to open it up a little. I would still give Lockett some time.

They just barely pulled out a game in which they were 9.5 point favorites...

Last week was pretty tough to watch. Wilson didn't even look his way most of his dropbacks. As a Doug Baldwin owner last year, it was very reminiscent of that to me. Difference is Baldwin was on his last legs, and Lockett is in his prime. I expect them to right the ship.

I also think Seattle's defense might struggle this year, forcing Seattle to throw the rock more. Cincy shredded them through the air, and that was without their LT (who happens to be their best lineman also), A.J. Green, and Joe Mixon for a half. 

• Like 1

I'm giving him another shot as well.   Should be a better showing.  Especially if Haden can't go.

22 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I'm giving him another shot as well.   Should be a better showing.  Especially if Haden can't go.

I agree.  I think Lockett will have some big weeks.

If last week was a bad week, I'll take it :)

Would be nice to see them looking his way a bit more though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Did you watch Haden play last game? It isn't 2015. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Did you watch Haden play last game? It isn't 2015. 

No...I didn't.  

But he's their starter so I'm assuming that the person replacing him is not as good.

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

No...I didn't.  

But he's their starter so I'm assuming that the person replacing him is not as good.

A few people mentioned Haden, I was just pointing out whether he plays or not shouldn't affect your decision.

16 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

This is what I dont get. Wilson looks to have good football IQ and doesnt make too many mistakes. Let him air it out more.

Yeah, i'd comment on their OC but this is how I look like everytime I do:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

A few people mentioned Haden, I was just pointing out whether he plays or not shouldn't affect your decision.

Fair enough.   But if someone was on the fence with Haden starting, it stands to reason that anything positive could  be the determining factor.

That's assuming that the guy behind Haden is not as good. 

12 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Wednesday isn’t an unusual day for players to miss practice. Next two days will be more telling.

well the way things have been going for me he'll be out for the next "4 to 6 weeks"

Edited by wendellrott

Just waiting for Rotoworld’s boilerplate “Lockett is back at practice today. It appears that Wednesday’s missed practice was just a maintenance day for the veteran wideout, though a full practice on Friday would go a long way towards affirming his Week 2 status.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

if Lockett is DNP again today I am running to get DK.

He shouldn't be available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Bcondotta

Tyler Lockett said Bengals consistently double teamed him. Said he hadn’t experienced that since college.

Im not too worried about his low week 1, DK showed that you can’t just double Lockett. 

2 hours ago, martinjlm said:

if Lockett is DNP again today I am running to get DK.

You should do that anyway. He shouldnt be available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cincy double teamed Lockett? Wow, it worked well. Cincy should have won that game. They held that offense in check. Hopefully other teams do not start to take a page out of Zac Taylor's playbook, because it certainly worked