urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Am I the only one that doesn’t think it sounds that bad? I feel like it’ll be a week or two. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryansm11 said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t think it sounds that bad? I feel like it’ll be a week or two. 

Good thing they have a bye this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Lockett and I’m freaking out. But people have to stop with the medical prognosis. We have no idea yet. Just wait til we hear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I have Lockett and I’m freaking out. But people have to stop with the medical prognosis. We have no idea yet. Just wait til we hear. 

Doesn't appear that you are new here, but that is like 1/4 of the posts--people acting like their rec league soccer injury from 8 yrs ago can glean info on the recovery time for an elite physical specimen...idk what is gonna happen here but if it is a bone bruise those are really tricky, just plain sucks for Lockett and even Russ.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Doesn't appear that you are new here, but that is like 1/4 of the posts--people acting like their rec league soccer injury from 8 yrs ago can glean info on the recovery time for an elite physical specimen...idk what is gonna happen here but if it is a bone bruise those are really tricky, just plain sucks for Lockett and even Russ.

I agree anecdotal injuries/recovery time stories from regular Joes doesn't provide much insight, but this is a fantasy discussion board. I don't get the 'stop posting, just wait' comments I see from people. If all you want is breaking news don't visit the thread, just turn on sleeperbot and you'll get the notification as soon as it breaks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tyler Lockett (leg) was hospitalized after Week 10's game against the 49ers.

    Lockett had a "pretty severe situation" due to swelling in his leg that threatened blood flow below his leg contusion. Coach Pete Carroll said, "We’re ahead of it so we should be in good shape", but this is obviously something to monitor during the Seahawks' Week 11 bye. If Lockett were to miss time, rookie DK Metcalf and the newly acquired Josh Gordon will be the top receivers while Jacob Hollister adds a pass-catching dimension at tight end.

     

    When healthy, Lockett is a boom-or-bust WR1/2.

    Nov 12, 2019, 5:25 AM ET
     
  •  
  •  

    WHO writes this nonsense?

    When was Lockett the #5 in ppr a BUST as a WR this season?  🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dashoe said:
  • Tyler Lockett (leg) was hospitalized after Week 10's game against the 49ers.

    Lockett had a "pretty severe situation" due to swelling in his leg that threatened blood flow below his leg contusion. Coach Pete Carroll said, "We’re ahead of it so we should be in good shape", but this is obviously something to monitor during the Seahawks' Week 11 bye. If Lockett were to miss time, rookie DK Metcalf and the newly acquired Josh Gordon will be the top receivers while Jacob Hollister adds a pass-catching dimension at tight end.

     

    When healthy, Lockett is a boom-or-bust WR1/2.

    Nov 12, 2019, 5:25 AM ET
     
  •  
  •  

    WHO writes this nonsense?

    When was Lockett the #5 in ppr a BUST as a WR this season?  🤣

“Lockett has four-or-fewer targets in four games this season. He's been a week-to-week headache for fantasy owners but overall remains a top-12 wideout. Lockett will get the Week 11 bye to rest up ahead of a date with the Eagles.”

 

this was the update that came out before the one you posted. “Week to week headache” lmao. Actually absurd. 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

latest from Chao ... fwiw 🤷‍♂️

 

 

He will be ready for week 12 after bye week watch......it’s all precautionary , everyone needs to calm down and breathe and the Metcalf and Gordon owners please go back to your respective threads 😂😂😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Brye said:

He will be ready for week 12 after bye week watch......it’s all precautionary , everyone needs to calm down and breathe and the Metcalf and Gordon owners please go back to your respective threads 😂😂😂

Honestly...I don't know if I can even play him again.  I thought he was a must start but after reading the experts..."boom or bust"..."weekly headache".
Guys...I think we've been playing him with blinders on.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't start panicking yet. It obviously does not sound good, but he has a bye week coming up which is probably best case for him and for all of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, if it's compartment syndrome and they fillet his leg open, he's done for the season.  I think that is usually done immediately, at least from what I've learned watching Chicago Med where they do it at the bedside without any pain medication, lol.

I'm sure we would have heard something more if that was indeed the case.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CooL said:

Yeah, if it's compartment syndrome and they fillet his leg open, he's done for the season.  I think that is usually done immediately, at least from what I've learned watching Chicago Med where they do it at the bedside without any pain medication, lol.

I'm sure we would have heard something more if that was indeed the case.

LOL.  Chicago Med.  Have you ever noticed that the most danger a patient is in is when the doctor or nurse is standing in the room?   You can bet that the patient is about to go unconscious and the machines are gonna start beeping.

Uh...at least that's what my wife says.  Because I don't watch it.

But back to Lockett...it doesn't sound like they had to do all of that.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CooL said:

Yeah, if it's compartment syndrome and they fillet his leg open, he's done for the season.  I think that is usually done immediately, at least from what I've learned watching Chicago Med where they do it at the bedside without any pain medication, lol.

I'm sure we would have heard something more if that was indeed the case.

The guy in the youtube video posted earlier said they stick a meat thermometer in the leg to monitor pressure so perhaps sometimes it's not done immediately. Not sure who I trust more, youtube doctor or tv show, or the guy whose 60 year old dad had this

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

The guy in the youtube video posted earlier said they stick a meat thermometer in the leg to monitor pressure so perhaps sometimes it's not done immediately. Not sure who I trust more, youtube doctor or tv show, or the guy whose 60 year old dad had this

 

Well...I'm not buying that a meat thermometer can measure pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

The guy in the youtube video posted earlier said they stick a meat thermometer in the leg to monitor pressure so 

 

Theodoric of York?

spacer.png

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think if emergency surgery had to be performed, we'd know it by now. Let's hope the swelling went down and he can rest up this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t think it sounds that bad? I feel like it’ll be a week or two. 

Him going to the hospital sounded completely cautionary and reasonable based on some of the more severe outcomes that could occur. Unless we hear that some sort of procedure was done then I’m not sure how much there is to panic about right now. Obviously it sucks and we’d all prefer he finished the game healthy but I’m not freaking out yet. The bye week came at the right time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Him going to the hospital sounded completely cautionary and reasonable based on some of the more severe outcomes that could occur. Unless we hear that some sort of procedure was done then I’m not sure how much there is to panic about right now. Obviously it sucks and we’d all prefer he finished the game healthy but I’m not freaking out yet. The bye week came at the right time. 

 

This was what Pro Football Doc posted as well.  He seemed to think that everything they did was mostly precautionary to stop swelling/pressure.  He said if they weren't able to stop the swelling/pressure then surgery may be needed.  But also said it's very rare that surgery is needed with these types of things.

He seemed to think he might have an issue playing if there were a game this week but with 2 full weeks he has a good chance to be ready to go as long as he avoids surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry but unless he’s in risk of losing the limb they wouldn’t do a fasciotomy, likely admitted observation and discharge.  Everyone can stop watching Chicago med and focus on fantasy playoffs

Edited by TeeGee60
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...