urban2014

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Who knows if Schefter is reporting “he’ll be ready to play vs Philly” based off of anything more than Carrol’s comments, but at least it’s Schefter reporting this and not the Rap fraud.

"Expectation is" not " He WILL be ready"

3 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

"Expectation is" not " He WILL be ready"

thats semantics, by the sounds like he'll be good to go, esp since their next game isn't for 2 weeks so they dont have to submit practice reports this week.  And as others have said it's Schefty reporting and Rap.  This is the news every Lockett owner should've been hoping for.

6 minutes ago, dmody91 said:

Adam doesn't report BS

he reported that he "expects", not that he "will" ... lotta wriggle room there, hope he's careful on that limb he went out on ...

🤔

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he reported that he "expects", not that he "will" ... lotta wriggle room there, hope he's careful on that limb he went out on ...

🤔

You’re not gonna get more assurance than that Pastor.   Wrap up that owie and let’s roll.   

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

🤔

"Expects" is much better than "not expected" isn't it?  I mean people seem really nitpicky on the choice of words here jeez.  Game is 2 weeks out, he's gonna be good to go.  

Edited by TheINC

1 minute ago, TheINC said:

"Expects" is much better than "not expected" isn't it?  I mean people seem really nitpicky on the choice of words here jeez.  Game is 2 weeks out, he's gonna be good to go.  

of course. 

i was responding to mah man who Shefty doesn't report BS ... how does reporting "expects" to play clarify anything that could be construed as concrete?

in other words, "expects" covers Shefty's arse, and basically guarantees he got it right, regardless. 

marrone 🇮🇹

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

of course. 

i was responding to mah man who Shefty doesn't report BS ... how does reporting "expects" to play clarify anything that could be construed as concrete?

in other words, "expects" covers Shefty's arse, and basically guarantees he got it right, regardless. 

marrone 🇮🇹

yeah I get your point then.  I guess i'm just looking at the overall general reporting seems to indicate that he's gonna suit up next week, barring any setbacks. I think he would've been iffy if they weren't on bye this week.  But given the initial reporting of the injury I feel like we're catching a break here and getting the best news possible we could be getting on a bye week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheINC said:

"Good to go" might mean he's active and a decoy/limited as well. 

Just now, martinjlm said:

"Good to go" might mean he's active and a decoy/limited as well. 

Again he's just getting out of a 2 night stay in the hospital.  All indications now are that he's gonna play, or is very likely too.  This is a much better prognosis than what was being reported on MNF or by some of the twitter docs out there.  It's a bye week so I don't think we're going to get any more certainty than that.  And let's face facts, with the unpredictable target volume Lockett gets this season, he's a decoy out there for 3/4ths of the game anyway.

• Like 1

“He’s doing better, he’s doing better,” Carroll said. “We’ll know later in the week his status. We’re hoping and planning on him being able to play, but yet, he has to show it to us. So, we’ll see.”

9 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

What’s the good word today? He alive?

It's Tuesday i.e. everyone's day off. You'll have to give him a house call to see what's up.

3 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

“He’s doing better, he’s doing better,” Carroll said. “We’ll know later in the week his status. We’re hoping and planning on him being able to play, but yet, he has to show it to us. So, we’ll see.”

Crap.

4 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Just now, K197040 said:

Crap.

rahrah Petey will always fart pixie dust and rainbows, no matter how dire - ergo, this is a bleak outlook for Lockett playing vs Philly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigslick631 said:

lol WAAAAAAYYYY to early in the week for panic. Come back in 2-3 days.

where do you see panic?

i see people forming opinions based on Carroll's statement. 

i see not one person crying or gesticulating or claiming the sky is falling.

one person said "crap" ... you consider that panic? i said "bleak" ... again, that's panic?

we all understand it's only Tuesday ... but thanks for the reminder 🙋‍♂️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

where do you see panic?

one person said "crap" ... you consider that panic? i said "bleak" ... again, that's panic?

Yep...not panicking.  But also not taking this latest statement as anything positive.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

where do you see panic?

I'm both crying and panicking. 

• Haha 1

Carroll was also the one making vague statements the night he went to the hospital and afterwards Lockett ended up going home and being fine.

Tyler Lockett (leg) was sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

He still participated in Seattle's morning walkthrough with an eye towards Thursday's practice. Coach Pete Carroll is always overconfident in the statuses of his players, but he did sound optimistic Lockett would suit up. The Seahawks' stud slot wideout will be ranked as a WR2 in a projected shootout against Philadelphia (if active) barring any reported limitations.

4 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Tyler Lockett (leg) was sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

He still participated in Seattle's morning walkthrough with an eye towards Thursday's practice. Coach Pete Carroll is always overconfident in the statuses of his players, but he did sound optimistic Lockett would suit up. The Seahawks' stud slot wideout will be ranked as a WR2 in a projected shootout against Philadelphia (if active) barring any reported limitations.

that makes no sense to me.  So a consistent WR1 should be looked at as a WR2 in a plus match-up against a team that is good at stopping the run and is terrible against the pass?  In a "projected shootout".

seriously, wtf

Edited by K197040

It will all depend on the next 2 days.  If he at least gets in a limited he's probably playing.  But man, I'd love to see a full by Friday.