Sign in to follow this  
brysoncox4092

Juan Soto for Trevor Story??? WHIR

I'm looking to make a push for Juan Soto and seeing what I should give up for him.....

Get: Juan Soto 

Give: Trevor Story

Clint Frazier or 8th rd pick (for his 12rd)

I already have Correa at ss who I don't want to sell low on. I figured selling high on Story would be good because he probably reached his peak last year and will either stay consistent or decline slightly. Soto would make me younger and pair nicely next to Devers for the future. Buuuuut part of me loves Story playing in Colorado too! I'm a bit torn.

Thoughts?? WHIRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Edited by brysoncox4092

Story probably won't steal as much but his power is real as he's only 26

I could go either way on this 

I’m always nervous about acquiring a player that had a great rookie season expecting that he builds on it. If you are hell bent on trading for Soto, keep your expectations low for this year and know that better seasons are coming.

Can't see you're team can you keep Story/Frazier & move someone else for Soto in a 1-1 deal? 

I would get Soto for sure at that price if possible.  Im assuming this is a dynasty league, so you are getting a player who 6-7 years younger with a better plate approach.  Story only has 3 more years in Coors most likely, so I would definitely take the younger stud here and give up Clint Frazier who will probably end up another Derek Fisher or AAAA player.

Having Correa at SS makes this even easier.  I would not hesitate

Edited by TheTruth024

If he’s willing to do 1-1 absolutely! I tried to get soto in my league and the owner rightfully was asking for the moon. Especially since you have Correa 

Story is really good. If the Soto owner doesn't take this deal its not really worth paying more. Does the Soto owner need a SS? Does he have depth at OF to be able to let Soto go? Is his team in position to win a title now with Story? If the answer to those questions are yes, he should accept. Sometimes you can't fix the other owner if they don't see that though. You're offering a stud SS who outproduced all but 10 other players last year according to ESPN 2018 player rater. If the answer to those questions are no, then I could see him sitting with Soto in hopes that he is a centerpiece for future attempts at a championship.

I really like Story.  When you look at some early ADP data, Story is being taken on average about 10 picks earlier than Soto, though his range is a little more volatile.  Does your league not have MI?  I just think its a bit of an overpay.  Is it pure dynasty keep forever no price?  

Yes, I would trade Story/Frazier for J. Soto.

I definitely love Soto more than Story.

Story's no slouch, but Soto can be top 20 for the next 10 years.

Is Story’s SB increase legit? If is, then personally I’d rank him higher than Soto, a power / speed combo SS is much more valuable than a power OF.

5 minutes ago, SportsFan10 said:

s Story’s SB increase legit? If is, then personally I’d rank him higher than Soto, a power / speed combo SS is much more valuable than a power OF.

I guess Story's value could depend upon the league you're in. My league devalues the SB and overvalues OBP. Soto is an OBP & OPS machine.

1 minute ago, BCMarch10 said:

I guess Story's value could depend upon the league you're in. My league devalues the SB and overvalues OBP. Soto is an OBP & OPS machine.

What about in leagues that values OBP and SB equally?

I suppose I would just say that if I was a GM of a real MLB team then I'd take Soto.

Story is a good player too.