AF25

German Marquez 2019 Outlook

If you’re not going to play him at Coors why wouldn’t you try to trade him? Especially after this game, sell high. I’m keeping him and always starting him though. 

2 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

If you’re not going to play him at Coors why wouldn’t you try to trade him? Especially after this game, sell high. I’m keeping him and always starting him though. 

Not playing him at coors, this week, vs the Phillies does not equal not playing him at coors as a rule.

especially in h2h, it all comes down to who your starters are, their matchups, and your opponent’s matchups. You may have 5-6 guys who outrank Marquez at home vs PHI and if so, that’s who you start. There is no rule, all comes down to league settings and your opponent. There are many scenarios where benching him is the move 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WatchMeWHIP said:

Not playing him at coors, this week, vs the Phillies does not equal not playing him at coors as a rule.

especially in h2h, it all comes down to who your starters are, their matchups, and your opponent’s matchups. You may have 5-6 guys who outrank Marquez at home vs PHI and if so, that’s who you start. There is no rule, all comes down to league settings and your opponent. There are many scenarios where benching him is the move 

We’ll sit back and watch you whip. 

Teasing. It’s a good point. But some of us might believe at home in this matchup he can still help our lineup/score. 

I can’t bench him after today. Feels like breaking some fantasy code. 

Hehe

• Like 1

How many are taking the plunge with Marquez tonight? In roto, I’m feeling like I should go ahead. But man...the Phils in Coors is scary lol. Even so, gotta nut up and play your stars. I think he’s a safer play in season-long roto than he is in h2h. 

38 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

How many are taking the plunge with Marquez tonight? In roto, I’m feeling like I should go ahead. But man...the Phils in Coors is scary lol. Even so, gotta nut up and play your stars. I think he’s a safer play in season-long roto than he is in h2h. 

Weekly league, but took the plunge as of Monday.  After his last start and Freeland's game last night, not too worried about it.  Of course that means absolutely nothing and the inning by inning ride will be strenuous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kelle1sa said:

Weekly league, but took the plunge as of Monday.  After his last start and Freeland's game last night, not too worried about it.  Of course that means absolutely nothing and the inning by inning ride will be strenuous.

That’s why I won’t check until after. 😂

11 minutes ago, GratefulPhan said:

After the last start, you feel like you gotta roll him out there, I'm in.

He was very good in Coors during his run last year. What gives me pause tonight is that his one start at home this year was not pretty. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

That’s why I won’t check until after. 😂

He was very good in Coors during his run last year. What gives me pause tonight is that his one start at home this year was not pretty. 

I'm treating him like an ace on my roster, confidence is high on my end.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GratefulPhan said:

I'm treating him like an ace on my roster, confidence is high on my end.

Ditto...I'm not big on holding pitchers unless I plan on starting them every time they take the mound. 

Not a good outing at home vs Arizona. Next up is SD at home. 

Under the hood looks good for Marquez right now. He's getting a little unlucky. I wouldn't panic yet. 

I’m letting him have a good game on my bench this week. 

8 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I’m letting him have a good game on my bench this week. 

German vs a hot Franmil...in Denver. Could get scary lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

German vs a hot Franmil...in Denver. Could get scary lol. 

Predicting 3 K's for Franmil.

Not great, but not horrible. He gave up 10 hits, but all of them were singles. Possibly just some bad luck in the BABIP department.

• Like 1

Lol 10 singles that's pretty hilarious. Anyone catch the game? Were they hitting him hard or were they mostly seeing eye singles?

Marquez has been disappointing lately. Over the last month, he’s had a 5.11 era and 1.54 whip. Oofta! I begrudgingly start him every time out right now. I want the Marquez from July-Sept 2018, lol. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately 2018 July-Sept wasn't the real Marquez. His true talent factoring his home park is probably much closer to a 4 ERA than mid 2's

23 minutes ago, GratefulPhan said:

Anyone else hesitant to start today in Chicago?

Yep. Definitely. I'll run him out there because it's not in Coors, but there is some hesitancy. 

1 hour ago, GratefulPhan said:

Anyone else hesitant to start today in Chicago?

Not at all.  I'm expecting ace-like numbers out of him tonight.

1 hour ago, 6Kill said:

Not at all.  I'm expecting ace-like numbers out of him tonight.

Same. He hasn’t sparked the confidence in a lot of owners, but this guy has the stuff. 

Cubs are playing well, Marquez just not as sharp as last season. Had an inkling it was a sit.