AF25

German Marquez 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jstep13 said:

I didn’t watch the game but how in the world does a manager leave a pitcher in long enough to give up 11 earned runs? I don’t own this guy thank goodness but that’s utterly ridiculous. 

 

First game of a doubleheader.  He had to eat it so they didn't burn their bullpen for a game they could actually win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

 

First game of a doubleheader.  He had to eat it so they didn't burn their bullpen for a game they could actually win.

2.2 innings pitched. This guy is killing me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RBI Sports said:

2.2 innings pitched. This guy is killing me. 

3 K’s to 0 BB though.  That’s elite for 2.2 IP of work.  

He got BABIPd to death plain and simple.  

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

3 K’s to 0 BB though.  That’s elite for 2.2 IP of work.  

He got BABIPd to death plain and simple.  

 

 

 

tenor.gif?itemid=5619679

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif

That was a rough outing 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this guy tipping his pitches or something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

So what are people doing with this guy? 

I don’t think owners have much of a choice but to either cut or bench.  His schedule is brutal.  @NY, @CIN, home to Dodgers, @HOU.  Even when he gets out of Coors for next few weeks it’s in other band boxes/high end offenses.  Pitching is just brutal across the board though so maybe bench against Yankees and hope there’s a sign of positivity.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, peelpub94 said:

Is this guy tipping his pitches or something? 

was just bad yesterday. no locations with any pitch and they were just sitting on the fb. still could be tipping but he was just bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, peelpub94 said:

Is this guy tipping his pitches or something? 

 

3,33 ERA/.203 opposing BA away

7.07 ERA/.336 opposing BA at Coors. 

 

Unless he is only tipping his pitches at home, I would say the ballpark is the problem not Marquez. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

3,33 ERA/.203 opposing BA away

7.07 ERA/.336 opposing BA at Coors. 

 

Unless he is only tipping his pitches at home, I would say the ballpark is the problem not Marquez. 

 

Its hard to hang with a guy that has that split. The Ks are nice, but that ERA is a killer in H2H matchups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I cut bait.  As already stated, you can't start him at home and you can't start him in half his upcoming road starts either.

 

I'll get better use out of a streamer spot frankly and he's simply killing me in H2H with the unreliability.

 

I'd consider streaming him if he sits on the wire and gets an ok road matchup.... that's it.

Edited by LJJr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I don’t think owners have much of a choice but to either cut or bench.  His schedule is brutal.  @NY, @CIN, home to Dodgers, @HOU.  Even when he gets out of Coors for next few weeks it’s in other band boxes/high end offenses.  Pitching is just brutal across the board though so maybe bench against Yankees and hope there’s a sign of positivity.

What resource do you use to find these future starts for pitchers?

I've never found an easy way to track a guy's schedule ahead a month or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For those looking for any sort of hope, he did get a bit unlucky in the top of the 3rd.  (Obviously he had a rough 1st inning but he settled down in the 2nd with a clean inning and 2 strikeouts.)  He started off the 3rd by striking out Sandoval.  Dickerson then doubled.  Then Crawford hit a high pop up to shallow left that Trevor Story lost in the sun and let drop for a "hit."  I was listening to the game on the radio and the announcers said Marquez looked stunned after that.  He had mostly shaken off the 1st inning barrage but was completely lost on the mound after that point.  Maybe if Story catches that ball, Marquez ends up with 5-6 innings pitched and only 5 ERs and 7+ Ks?  Either way, I think you get what you deserve if you came into the season relying on a Rockies SP as your SP2.  Coors always wins.

Edited by Von Hayes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Von Hayes said:

For those looking for any sort of hope, he did get a bit unlucky in the top of the 3rd.  (Obviously he had a rough 1st inning but he settled down in the 2nd with a clean inning and 2 strikeouts.)  He started off the 3rd by striking out Sandoval.  Dickerson then doubled.  Then Crawford hit a high pop up to shallow left that Trevor Story lost in the sun and let drop for a "hit."  I was listening to the game on the radio and the announcers said Marquez looked stunned after that.  He had mostly shaken off the 1st inning barrage but was completely lost on the mound after that point.  Maybe if Story catches that ball, Marquez ends up with 5-6 innings pitched and only 5 ERs and 7+ Ks?  Either way, I think you get what you deserve if you came into the season relying on a Rockies SP as your SP2.  Coors always wins.

 

Get what we deserve? This guy was a beast to end the year last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't start Marquez at home. So is he worth rostering when you can only pitch him half of the time? In a shallow league I don't think he is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's pitching well in those away games, I think he's worth it in 10+ team leagues. I guess the caveat there is 'well' meaning something closer to his splits last season, or even earlier this year. If he's going to give you a K/9 around 10 and a sub 4 ERA with good WHIP in those away games every time, I think he'd still have value.

Last year seems like a really long time ago already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Macgregor said:

If he's pitching well in those away games, I think he's worth it in 10+ team leagues. I guess the caveat there is 'well' meaning something closer to his splits last season, or even earlier this year. If he's going to give you a K/9 around 10 and a sub 4 ERA with good WHIP in those away games every time, I think he'd still have value.

Last year seems like a really long time ago already.

 

I think it has to be a 12+ team league to justify rostering him unless you have deep benches. I just picked up Sonny Gray in a 10 team league and I would rather own him than Marquez at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

 

3,33 ERA/.203 opposing BA away

7.07 ERA/.336 opposing BA at Coors. 

 

Unless he is only tipping his pitches at home, I would say the ballpark is the problem not Marquez. 

Right. Must be the ballpark's fault that Marquez hasn't figured out how to pitch there

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While pitchers may have a higher era at coors than away from there, there’s plenty who don’t give up 11 runs in less than 3 innings to a team like SF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RBI Sports said:

While pitchers may have a higher era at coors than away from there, there’s plenty who don’t give up 11 runs in less than 3 innings to a team like SF

Right? Jeff freakin' Samardzija opposed him yesterday and threw 6.2 innings, 4 hits 2 runs 1 walk 9 k's against a much better offense than Marquez faced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, absmoke said:

Right? Jeff freakin' Samardzija opposed him yesterday and threw 6.2 innings, 4 hits 2 runs 1 walk 9 k's against a much better offense than Marquez faced

Giants are 6th ranked road offense.  Colorado is 26th ranked road offense.  Not sure Rockies are the better offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cs3 said:

Right. Must be the ballpark's fault that Marquez hasn't figured out how to pitch there


Yeah, that Marquez dude seems to  be the only  pitcher that gives up a bunch of runs at Coors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RBI Sports said:

While pitchers may have a higher era at coors than away from there, there’s plenty who don’t give up 11 runs in less than 3 innings to a team like SF

 

Yeah, and what's your point? Marquez has shown to be a really good pitcher (I don't own him in any league) but there are very few pitchers that can start 20 games at Coors and not have 1 really bad outing. 
 

I have a much bigger problem with clowns that owned Marquez, started him in Coors and now wonder how it's possible he gave up a bunch of runs. There is a reason most people don't roster Rockies pitchers and most bench (if possible) any pitcher that is slated to start at Coors in the Summer when the over/unders are routinely 14 runs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, herschel said:

Giants are 6th ranked road offense.  Colorado is 26th ranked road offense.  Not sure Rockies are the better offense.

Not sure how Colorado's road offense is relevant for a Coors game. Their offense as a whole is .309/.371/.527 in Coors lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...