AF25

German Marquez 2019 Outlook

On 7/15/2019 at 3:05 PM, Max Rockatansky said:

DONE.

DUSTED.

FINITO.

I totally understand your frustration, but I still think Marquez is a really really good real-life pitcher.  If he pitched for any other team, he'd be a fantasy stud.  He even pitched well vs. the Yankees at a very hitter-friendly ballpark in New York.

Alas, Coors Field is just too much to overcome for anyone.  Fly balls carrying a few extra feet in the thin air is the very minor, almost negligible part, of the problem.  The main issue is that breaking balls don't break in the thin air, which makes hitting exponentially easier when you don't have to worry about protecting against breaking balls.

Only one Rockies' pitcher has ever finished as a top 25 fantasy pitcher: Ubaldo Jimenez in 2010.  And Jimenez did it by throwing 99mph and blowing the ball by hitters.  That's literally the only way you can pitch well there when you can't throw breaking balls.  On a side note, Ubaldo really should have won the Cy Young in 2010.  Rockies' hitters always get punished for the Coors effect in the MVP race, but for some reason, Ubaldo didn't give credit for pitching in Coors.

Seriously, check out Kershaw's, Bumgarner's, Strasburg's, Greinke's, and Scherzer's career numbers at Coors.  Not one of those guys have numbers at Coors that would even be ownable in fantasy leagues.

2 hours ago, papaphunk said:

was a 2 Start Pitcher this week, taboot. Bummer 

Two home games.  Blessing in disguise...

• Like 1

I won’t have him to blow up my ratios in the playoffs. Win-Win 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 11:03 PM, FootballFan101 said:

I totally understand your frustration, but I still think Marquez is a really really good real-life pitcher.  If he pitched for any other team, he'd be a fantasy stud.  He even pitched well vs. the Yankees at a very hitter-friendly ballpark in New York.

Alas, Coors Field is just too much to overcome for anyone.  Fly balls carrying a few extra feet in the thin air is the very minor, almost negligible part, of the problem.  The main issue is that breaking balls don't break in the thin air, which makes hitting exponentially easier when you don't have to worry about protecting against breaking balls.

Only one Rockies' pitcher has ever finished as a top 25 fantasy pitcher: Ubaldo Jimenez in 2010.  And Jimenez did it by throwing 99mph and blowing the ball by hitters.  That's literally the only way you can pitch well there when you can't throw breaking balls.  On a side note, Ubaldo really should have won the Cy Young in 2010.  Rockies' hitters always get punished for the Coors effect in the MVP race, but for some reason, Ubaldo didn't give credit for pitching in Coors.

Seriously, check out Kershaw's, Bumgarner's, Strasburg's, Greinke's, and Scherzer's career numbers at Coors.  Not one of those guys have numbers at Coors that would even be ownable in fantasy leagues.

He’s Finito papitos

2 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He's done, guys. Drop him. 

Or throw him on the DL and grab a replacement 

7 hours ago, papaphunk said:

Folks Holding or Dumping ? Giving till the weekend to decide here.....damn shame. 

Dump 💩

Never heard of dead arm at the end of August.  Have a feeling another shoe will drop.