Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

Let's start by nominating this thread as first to be locked in 2019 :)

Good, now that we have that out of the way, there are 3 different discussions:
- Kareem as RB, which was week 1-11 RB#3 in Standard and RB#6 in full PPR

- Kareem as the object of future legal battles and suspensions

- What team would be willing to take the plunge, given the above.

Regarding the last 2 points, so far we know about 3 incidents with Hunt in the 2018 off-season:

- a nightclub fight on January 11 (https://www.tmz.com/2018/12/03/kareem-hunt-nightclub-attack-police-report/)

- a fight in a hotel (on video) in February (https://www.tmz.com/2018/11/30/kc-chiefs-kareem-hunt-attacked-kicked-woman-surveillance-video/)

- punch a man in the face in an Ohio resort in June (https://www.tmz.com/2018/06/06/kareem-hunt-in-alleged-physical-altercation-at-ohio-resort/).

(OK, that's enough TMZ for the rest of the year.)

That's a lot of anger, and Kareem is apparently seeking counseling. Also, Michael Vick and Ray Rice have offered to help him. Erm.... and Ryan Leaf said 'Everybody Deserves a 2nd Chance'. Yeah thanks guys, not sure you're actually helping.

Anyway, my best guess is some teams will avoid him, but he will find a team. This article lists some potential destinations:
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/01/02/kareem-hunt-2019-most-likely-destinations-chiefs-colts/
- Colts: need a stud

- Browns: because Dorsey
- Eagles: because they need any RB
- Raiders: because Gruden
- Pats: probably not

So, with that out of the way, here's why teams would be interested at all, never mind the negatives and distractions:

- 2017 (16 games): 272 carries for 1327/8, 53/455/3 receiving

- 2018 (11 games): 181 carries for 824/7, 26/378/7 receiving, and even on 11 games still a top-12 RB

That's a lot of points right there, and once he finds a team, he will be in the discussion. Until that, I'll assume this thread will be a lock :)

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Anyway, my best guess is some teams will avoid him, but he will find a team. This article lists some potential destinations:
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/01/02/kareem-hunt-2019-most-likely-destinations-chiefs-colts/

:)

He has a better chance of returning to KC than any of those teams...worst list ever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Bears.

Haha, I reacted confused to your post and I see you retaliated, so let me explain.

The Bears have 2 RBs, which they seem to be fine with. I wouldn't expect them to be high on the list of teams happy to hire a potential problem.

I would expect a team with a disastrous RB situation (and preferably somewhat contentious management) to hire him. Makes more sense?

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Let's start by nominating this thread as first to be locked in 2019 :)

Good, now that we have that out of the way, there are 3 different discussions:
- Kareem as RB, which was week 1-11 RB#3 in Standard and RB#6 in full PPR

- Kareem as the object of future legal battles and suspensions

- What team would be willing to take the plunge, given the above.

Regarding the last 2 points, so far we know about 3 incidents with Hunt in the 2018 off-season:

- a nightclub fight on January 11 (https://www.tmz.com/2018/12/03/kareem-hunt-nightclub-attack-police-report/)

- a fight in a hotel (on video) in February (https://www.tmz.com/2018/11/30/kc-chiefs-kareem-hunt-attacked-kicked-woman-surveillance-video/)

- punch a man in the face in an Ohio resort in June (https://www.tmz.com/2018/06/06/kareem-hunt-in-alleged-physical-altercation-at-ohio-resort/).

(OK, that's enough TMZ for the rest of the year.)

That's a lot of anger, and Kareem is apparently seeking counseling. Also, Michael Vick and Ray Rice have offered to help him. Erm.... and Ryan Leaf said 'Everybody Deserves a 2nd Chance'. Yeah thanks guys, not sure you're actually helping.

So, with that out of the way, here's why teams would be interested at all, never mind the negatives and distractions:

- 2017 (16 games): 272 carries for 1327/8, 53/455/3 receiving

- 2018 (11 games): 181 carries for 824/7, 26/378/7 receiving, and even on 11 games still a top-12 RB

That's a lot of points right there, and once he finds a team, he will be in the discussion. Until that, I'll assume this thread will be a lock :)

"Kareem Hunt in a Kansas City nightclub back in January ... though Hunt was never arrested. "

"Another alleged physical altercation involving Kansas City Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt... this time, he allegedly punched a man at an Ohio resort."

Ok thats 2 of 3. The other i dont want to get into and shut this thread down.

Hes familiar with Nagy/Reid and would be a great addition to chicago

5 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Haha, I reacted confused to your post and I see you retaliated, so let me explain.

The Bears have 2 RBs, which they seem to be fine with. I wouldn't expect them to be high on the list of teams happy to hire a potential problem.

I would expect a team with a disastrous RB situation (and preferably somewhat contentious management) to hire him. Makes more sense?

What makes you think they are fine with Howard? They essentially didnt use a RB in a crucial LOW SCORING wild card game againt philly

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What makes you think they are fine with Howard? They essentially didnt use a RB in a crucial LOW SCORING wild card game againt philly

I have no single logical explanation for what they did in that game, except maybe an overdose of interesting and illegal substances on the coaching staff, but that's more for the Bears thread, I'm afraid.

You could understand not leaning to much on Howard, but then on the other hand leaning on Trubs and not on Cohen just boggles the mind. Good thing I'm not a Bear fan.

• Like 1

I’m going to get a kick out of the entire Kareem Hunt situation. I’d take him in Seattle though...

11 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I’m going to get a kick out of the entire Kareem Hunt situation. I’d take him in Seattle though...

This posts opens itself to soooo many bad jokes...

Image result for naughty facepalm

Buffalo comes to mind. Shady is on his way out, need some playmakers for Allen, and they stuck by zay Jones after the crazy s--- he pulled. 

2 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Buffalo comes to mind. Shady is on his way out, need some playmakers for Allen, and they stuck by zay Jones after the crazy s--- he pulled. 

Yeah but he didn’t kick a girl while she was on the ground.  

lock it up 

4 hours ago, poofinger said:

lock it up 

I know that. Hunts situation is pretty much unprecedented aside from rice who never played another down.

The usual suspects for these types of players are usually the Bengals (Mixon), Cowboys (Zeke), and Raiders.  I'd put my money on the Raiders.

9 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

This posts opens itself to soooo many bad jokes...

Image result for naughty facepalm

It in itself was a terrible joke.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, poofinger said:

lock it up 

Lightly tapped her but yeah...

I am confident he'll get signed soon, but wondering what kind of contract he ultimately gets.   Certainly voidable guarantees, but will he be a cheap one year deal or will someone take the plunge, try to lock him in for a little longer, but cheap?  

54 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

3 game suspension and let's see where this cat lands 

Where did you see 3 games? Or are you speculating? 

34 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Where did you see 3 games? Or are you speculating? 

Sorry I was speculating. 

Ill be be sure to link anything I see

I see Chicago moving Howard and signing Hunt

• Like 1

13 hours ago, psygolf said:

He has a better chance of returning to KC than any of those teams...worst list ever.

Agreed. The Browns know they have a stud in Chubb. The Colts have their guy in Mack. The Pats aren't going to sign Hunt after drafting Michel in the 1st. Eagles? Okay. Raiders? Maybe. 

I didn't think Hunt's infractions were too bad until I saw the video myself and saw him kick the girl while she's on the ground. That coupled with two more possible incidents, and I'll be shocked if he plays another down in the NFL. It's gonna take them a long time to fully investigate, and I'd expect him to get a heavy suspension, possibly even a whole season. As far as teams that might be interested, I think it's way too early to tell because teams that are hurting for RB now will have something for an answer well before Hunt finishes his suspension.

If I had to pick today though, Raiders, 49ers, Dolphins, Jets, Eagles, Bills are all hurting right now. I expect the Bills, Raiders, and Jets to draft an RB in the first 4 rounds, and the others will draft some in the later rounds. Hunt has plenty of talent, but so did Ray Rice...

I will fully admit I traded Hunt away for Mack in dynasty after the incident but before the wildcard playoff game. Very happy with that decision because I think Mack showed enough to stop the Colts from drafting another RB... so far anyways... maybe I'll try to acquire him later...

For redraft, maybe, maybe last round flier? but then he is probably your first to cut...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

I see Chicago moving Howard and signing Hunt

Don't know how the liberal paradise of Chicago would feel signing a woman beater. 

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Don't know how the liberal paradise of Chicago would feel signing a woman beater. 

I heard a few callers asking Chicago radio hosts what they thought of the bears signing Hunt. There seems to be interest in him coming here (myself included)

Give it a couple months and wait for some other horrific s--- to happen and all will be forgotten 

brother in law is a chiefs fan and he wished hunt was never cut

Edited by bhawks489