Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

Now that the Browns have 2 Stud Workhorse RBs, all they need to do is move up in the draft so they can get another Franchise QB to pair with Baker Mayfield.

Good job guys. 

42 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

So you are banking on Chubb playing the whole season next season? Ok man

I don’t see that in my message anywhere, so I’ll clarify. 

I think chubb will play more games than hunt does in 2019. I think Chubb is just as likely to play 16 as any other RB in this league. I think Hunt has as good a chance as Joseph Addai does to play 16 games in 2019. 

Do i think that impacts who gets traded, if someone gets traded? Nope. Not sure how you think I thought it did. 

Feel free to hit me with a DM if you’re still confused about my ideas and thoughts and contributions to discussion. 

Now back to real talk - 

28 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Not going anywhere .. nobody is getting traded. 

They just signed Hunt. 

This is a wait and see ... a what happen scenario 

How many games will Hunt be suspended... ?? 

Then and only when when Hunt is reinstated can we speculate 

Agree with you here! I do think it’s fun to speculate and analyze the range of possibilities. Fantasy football is all about range of outcomes and finding those advantages. 

• Like 1

Interesting landing spot.  Not where I expected, though it aligns with what the Browns have been doing (amassing talent at offensive skill positions).  And they got him for cheap.  They started last season with Hyde/Chubb/Duke.  Now they replace Hyde with Hunt and wait to see how long the suspension will be.  If they want to be a run-first team and open up play action opportunities for Baker (who excels there), it's possible they use Chubb and Hunt as a 1-2 punch, alternating drives as the lead back.  Always having a talented, fresh RB is a luxury.  They also know that either one could carry a full load in case of injury to the other.  It's good to have insurance at RB, especially talented cheap insurance.  

Or maybe they trade one, but that is not what I would guess at this point in time.  I don't see how the Browns don't make this move at that price tag.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cdub2k said:

Who wouldn't sign Hunt to a $1M 1 year Deal? That is an insane bargain. 

Hunt must be flat broke...he took a deal from the 1st team to pull out its checkbook.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Hunt must be flat broke...he took a deal from the 1st team to pull out its checkbook.

I doubt that's why he signed, dig a little deeper and see how everyone benefits :lol:

Hunt made 600k last season. He signs a 1yr 1mm deal knowing he is going to miss games and the salary will be pro-rated. He will be a RFA in 2020.

What team is going to pay more than that without knowing when he will be able to step on the field?

Hunt gets guaranteed salary+ rehabiitates his image with the GM who drafted him+ RFA in 2020 where he would make more money than if he stayed on KC

Browns get cheap pro bowl player+  option on his RFA contract and if he is signed in FA they get a draft pick

It's a smart deal and a win win for both sides.

• Like 2

The rare case where a player actually has the opportunity to make more money than their rookie contract would have paid.

30 minutes ago, devaster said:

The rare case where a player actually has the opportunity to make more money than their rookie contract would have paid.

Exactly. 

If Bell resets the rb market this year Hunt is going to be golden in 2020 if he is signed as a lead rb, making significantly more than he would have in KC

37 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I doubt that's why he signed, dig a little deeper and see how everyone benefits :lol:

Hunt made 600k last season. He signs a 1yr 1mm deal knowing he is going to miss games and the salary will be pro-rated. He will be a RFA in 2020.

What team is going to pay more than that without knowing when he will be able to step on the field?

Hunt gets guaranteed salary+ rehabiitates his image with the GM who drafted him+ RFA in 2020 where he would make more money than if he stayed on KC

Browns get cheap pro bowl player+  option on his RFA contract and if he is signed in FA they get a draft pick

It's a smart deal and a win win for both sides.

I feel he could've found another team to pay him more + given him a greater chance at more opportunity =  more money, more money...now & later.

Edited by psygolf

Just now, psygolf said:

I feel he could've found another team to pay him more + given him a greater chance at more opportunity =  more money, more money.

he would have made 600k this year in KC, so he is already making MORE salary wise.

No one knows when he will be able to play so CLE has the space and the $$$ to take the cap hit while they wait for the final details of his suspension from the league.

i don't see many teams willing to take the risk this early before the FA period opens and the draft starts.

You could argue HE should have waited but waiting for a bigger check while you have to convince the league that you are serious about amending and rehabilitating and playing is more important than an extra 300-500k.   Now he has the Browns pushing Goodell  to make his decisions ASAP to end the limbo

He gets to move forward today knowing he has a home and CLE gets a cheap option for low risk to them.

Both sides win in this deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

he would have made 600k this year in KC, so he is already making MORE salary wise.

No one knows when he will be able to play so CLE has the space and the $$$ to take the cap hit while they wait for the final details of his suspension from the league.

i don't see many teams willing to take the risk this early before the FA period opens and the draft starts.

You could argue HE should have waited but waiting for a bigger check while you have to convince the league that you are serious about amending and rehabilitating and playing is more important than an extra 300-500k.   Now he has the Browns pushing Goodell  to make his decisions ASAP to end the limbo

He gets to move forward today knowing he has a home and CLE gets a cheap option for low risk to them.

Both sides win in this deal.

You have always been King of the Already Happened.

😆

It was smart for him to sign now. This was probably the most money he could get. Once FA begins and other RB's start signing his value goes down because of his off field woes and looming suspension. He wouldn't be able to get as much money if he waited.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

It was smart for him to sign now. This was probably the most money he could get. Once FA begins and other RB's start signing his value goes down because of his off field woes and looming suspension. He wouldn't be able to get as much money if he waited.

I think everyone learned form the Dez saga :lol:

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

At that point the hope is a star RB gets injured and a team is desperate. Which is now what Cleveland will hope for to trade him. Eagles did it with Bradford a couple years ago. And Saints with Bridgewater.

32 minutes ago, devaster said:

I disagree...it’s a bad crop this offseason, FA & draft class.

31 minutes ago, dashoe said:

A 23 yr old Dez would’ve had a line to sign him.

Who knows if other teams showed interest (the Bears were reported to) but this is probably one of the worst case scenarios from a fantasy perspective. Not only is Hunt's keeper value close to zero now but he also messes with Chubb's work load.

I really thought Hunt ending up with the Eagles would have been a perfect situation for him to repair his reputation and get a pay day in 2020. Tampa, Baltimore, Bears would have also made more sense.

I actually think this makes sense. Teams in desperate need of a back. Don't necessarily want to sign a guy that will be suspended half of the year.

As soon as a team lacking a great RB thinks they are a RB away from winning a championship next season, that team will trade for Hunt. Assuming he will only miss half the season at the most.

While addressing the acquisition of Hunt, Dorsey was asked about Duke Johnson. Doesn't sound like he's in their plans, not to suggest the two developments are related. Trade-wise I don't think Hunt would warrant much value. A familiar add to their stable, if they offer him anything decent he probably stays right where is. I don't consider him a threat to Chubb's lead role, but once he gets rolling, a double digit touch guy for sure.  

41 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

While addressing the acquisition of Hunt, Dorsey was asked about Duke Johnson. Doesn't sound like he's in their plans, not to suggest the two developments are related. Trade-wise I don't think Hunt would warrant much value. A familiar add to their stable, if they offer him anything decent he probably stays right where is. I don't consider him a threat to Chubb's lead role, but once he gets rolling, a double digit touch guy for sure.  

A young pro bowl rb is always a threat to someones role.

He isnt't injured

He isnt a washed up vet running on his last legs

Hunt isnt some UDFA off the street, he is a legit talent with almost 2 full seasons of high production under his belt.

His suspension will keep him off the field  locking in Chubbs lead role for that period but I'm not under any illlusion that Chubbs production is safe and predictable once Hunt gets involved in the offense.

Am I confident as a fantasy manager Chubb is going to be my stud come playoff time or am I scrambling to replace his drop in production with Hunt involved taking touches?

Do I cuff them in the draft?

It's a volatile situation for a chubb owner but a zero rb situation for the Hunt owner

47 minutes ago, dashoe said:

"A young pro bowl rb is always a threat to someones role. He isn't injured... isnt a washed up vet ... some UDFA off the street, he is a legit talent with almost 2 full seasons of high production under his belt. ... Do I cuff them in the draft? It's a volatile situation for a chubb owner but a zero rb situation for the Hunt owner."

'member the time you were out in right field & because the ball never came your way you had a open bag of M&M's in your mitt. Huh? Then out of nowhere in came that hot tamale, but you couldn't make use of your mitt and stuck your foot out instead? Ball rolled all the way to the fence, centerfielder actually retrieved it... runs scored & your team lost. Yeah, well, you're right back there looking to fuq' up your life all over again! :lol:  You want someone to tell you to dump Nick Chubb, go ahead. But before you do, recall the looks on your teammates faces when you had the audacity to show up for the next scheduled game like nothing ever happened!  

Edited by markrc99

I think we need to see if he gets time served or if he is going to get 6 to 10 games. I think Chubbs adp is going to fall slightly on a 10 game, but on a 6 game it might fall even more. Hunt with a 6 game or time served could even be some serious trade bait for the browns to move up in the draft.2, 4, 5, 9, 12 could all use Kareems talents. Why not attach Kareem and 17 to move up in the draft. The Browns took the blunt of the hit signing him now anyways.

23 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

"I think we need to see if he gets time served or if he is going to get 6 to 10 games. I think Chubbs adp is going to fall slightly on a 10 game, but on a 6 game it might fall even more. Hunt with a 6 game or time served could even be some serious trade bait for the browns to move up in the draft.2, 4, 5, 9, 12 could all use Kareems talents. Why not attach Kareem and 17 to move up in the draft. The Browns took the blunt of the hit signing him now anyways."

Pretty confident that it means nothing! Okay, okay, but Mark how often are you right about players again? Maybe 10% of the time... WHAT ABOUT IT!? :lol: Any idea what Nick Chubb has come through to get where he is? If I were to rate the professional mindset of each player, one clocks at about 110 while the other isn't even remotely in the same orbit. Hunt is an inside banger, an over-glorified one in here. He was served a cupcake at Toledo & again in KC, but he couldn't keep from screwing himself over. I suppose, but if it were me, I wouldn't be handing anything that Chubb has earned to anyone else, including Kareem Hunt. When we need to grind & the defense knows it's coming, you'll be in there. You want the job or not? If Hunt is there to get them the tough yards, that helps Chubb. Hunt will earn some of the gravy & he'll get it. There'll be some all equal touches no doubt, but he's the backup & the hammer. What it leads to is up to him.    

14 hours ago, psygolf said:

This is what's jumping out for me.   A team like Philly wouldn't match this?   I assumed he'd get a two year deal with no bonus money and little guaranteed: I.E. the team takes a chance on him, has the safety net to cut him if they so choose, but they get him for a bonus year for somewhat cheap since they took the risk.    On this Cleveland deal, he's stil a restricted FA so its not like a one year deal frees him up to go anywhere.  

Wondering if his representatives got wind that he's gonna get more than the 6-8 games most are expecting, so he just took whatever he could get