Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, BrianM said:

This is what's jumping out for me.   A team like Philly wouldn't match this?   I assumed he'd get a two year deal with no bonus money and little guaranteed: I.E. the team takes a chance on him, has the safety net to cut him if they so choose, but they get him for a bonus year for somewhat cheap since they took the risk.    On this Cleveland deal, he's stil a restricted FA so its not like a one year deal frees him up to go anywhere.  

Wondering if his representatives got wind that he's gonna get more than the 6-8 games most are expecting, so he just took whatever he could get

Schefter says 10-12, he's usually on the ball.

2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Schefter says 10-12, he's usually on the ball.

Thanks, missed that.   Only way this works is if they're docking him for that time he punched the dude.   

I'm not quite as plugged in as I usually am, but i remember reading they'll announce the length soon.  We'll just have to see how long that appeal process plays out.   I imagine they'll want it done before the season starts.  Toss the ruling out there at 4:00 on July 3rd, or something, and we can all move on.  

So those games that he was already suspended for last season are not taken into consideration? Cool

2 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

I think we need to see if he gets time served or if he is going to get 6 to 10 games. I think Chubbs adp is going to fall slightly on a 10 game, but on a 6 game it might fall even more. Hunt with a 6 game or time served could even be some serious trade bait for the browns to move up in the draft.2, 4, 5, 9, 12 could all use Kareems talents. Why not attach Kareem and 17 to move up in the draft. The Browns took the blunt of the hit signing him now anyways.

I think it's comical that people feel like Hunt becomes an instant trade chip. If a team would trade for him after a 4-6 game suspension is announced then why didn't they just sign him??? It makes no sense.

If he is able to move past his suspension and show he is still highly productive on the field then AFTER the year I could see him having trade value.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

So those games that he was already suspended for last season are not taken into consideration? Cool

That is yet to be determined... it's likely a huge issue the agent and NFL are negotiating. Maybe in return Hunt will waive his right to appeal and come to an agreement like Winston did last year.

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

I was going to mention it before but figured I misread something and/or it didn't make sense; which was that his suspension wouldn't or couldn't begin until he was on someone's roster. Declaring him exempt & then dumped is different I guess. Whether the league office rolls high only to later 'compromise' on lesser punishment I don't pay close enough attention to. 

28 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

I think it's comical that people feel like Hunt becomes an instant trade chip. If a team would trade for him after a 4-6 game suspension is announced then why didn't they just sign him??? It makes no sense.

If he is able to move past his suspension and show he is still highly productive on the field then AFTER the year I could see him having trade value.

I think the in-season trade speculation is that a team, during the course of the season, becomes unexpectedly desperate for a RB for a playoff run. At that point, perhaps they make a trade with Cleveland. That's how I've taken it, anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I think the in-season trade speculation is that a team, during the course of the season, becomes unexpectedly desperate for a RB for a playoff run. At that point, perhaps they make a trade with Cleveland. That's how I've taken it, anyway. 

The person I was quoting suggested trading Hunt to move up in the draft.

1 hour ago, FISH20 said:

The team that takes him on first is taking the higher PR hit. Makes sense to me.

Edit, you were talking about moving up in the draft? Yeah that makes no sense 

Edited by dmb3684

If he performs at a high-level (per touch) the Browns will probably not trade him, it will be an opportunity to hold 2 all-pro caliber rbs below their elite production potential, making it easier to keep paying both down the road. 

2 stud rbs for the price of one...Like DWill/Stewart.

17 hours ago, dashoe said:

If Bell resets the rb market

Reset the market? In what world would this happen? Teams dont value the position like the old days and I dont see that changing moving forward regardless of Bell.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, psygolf said:

If he performs at a high-level (per touch) the Browns will probably not trade him, it will be an opportunity to hold 2 all-pro caliber rbs below their elite production potential, making it easier to keep paying both down the road. 

2 stud rbs for the price of one...Like DWill/Stewart.

LOL @ JStew being a stud.

31 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

LOL @ JStew being a stud.

You must be too young to recall...just trust me.

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

You must be too young to recall...just trust me.

Played fantasy his whole career. For sure not a stud 

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

Played fantasy his whole career. For sure not a stud 

Real football > ff football

20 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Real football > ff football

Agreed. Not sure what that has to do with anything. Just meant I followed his whole career. He was  good when healthy. Always hurt. He wasn't a stud. Saquan is a stud.

7 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Agreed. Not sure what that has to do with anything. Just meant I followed his whole career. He was  good when healthy. Always hurt. He wasn't a stud. Saquan is a stud.

Oh yes...let’s please spend an afternoon trying to figure out what Stewart could’ve done if he had ankles healthy enough to play/practice on, then compare him to an all-world talent.

please!

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

Oh yes...let’s please spend an afternoon trying to figure out what Stewart could’ve done if he had ankles healthy enough to play/practice on, then compare him to an all-world talent.

please!

Ok. Zeke Bell Gurley also studs.

JStew, not a stud.

Just now, dmb3684 said:

Ok. Zeke Bell Gurley also studs.

JStew, not a stud.

Out of the gate, with the limited touches he received...he was a stud.

You can’t argue against the #s

Stewart never really cemented his stud status as a young RB. People kept predicting a breakout but it never truly materialized. Injuries probably played a part. A more apt comparison might be MJD and Fred Taylor.

5 minutes ago, devaster said:

Stewart never really cemented his stud status as a young RB. People kept predicting a breakout but it never truly materialized. Injuries probably played a part. A more apt comparison might be MJD and Fred Taylor.

In his first 2 seasons, he had almost 2000 yds and 20 tds on 400 carries...still on bad ankles.

= Stud.

But those who disagree need to give up and get back on point

>>>  If the Browns are determined to keep 2 all-pro caliber rbs in the backfield >>> they will be able to keep them both for the price on one elite back...*if they follow the Panther model.

I personally don’t care want Cleveland does.

That isn't stud status... or I guess we have different perspectives.