Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, devaster said:

That isn't stud status... or I guess we have different perspectives.

Yes...you're holding your knees too tight.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, psygolf said:

In his first 2 seasons, he had almost 2000 yds and 20 tds on 400 carries...still on bad ankles.

= Stud.

But those who disagree need to give up and get back on point

>>>  If the Browns are determined to keep 2 all-pro caliber rbs in the backfield >>> they will be able to keep them both for the price on one elite back...*if they follow the Panther model.

I personally don’t care want Cleveland does.

I think if you said JStew was a stud when healthy, ai wouldn't have said anything. I require my studs to see the field. To each his own.

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

I think if you said JStew was a stud when healthy, ai wouldn't have said anything. I require my studs to see the field. To each his own.

You missed the point from the beginning...it was about clev holding production down on 2 rbs that could've cashed in more $ if it was all their show.   If they are both performing at a high-level, expect a DWill/Stewart repeat...no trade coming in '19, sorry owners.

28 minutes ago, psygolf said:

You missed the point from the beginning...it was about clev holding production down on 2 rbs that could've cashed in more $ if it was all their show.   If they are both performing at a high-level, expect a DWill/Stewart repeat...no trade coming in '19, sorry owners.

I didn't miss a point. You said JStew was a stud. He wasn't. You are the only one that thinks this. Carry on.

26 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I didn't miss a point. You said JStew was a stud. He wasn't. You are the only one that thinks this. Carry on.

First 3 seasons:

Stewart: 583 carries, 4.69 ypc, .038td per carry rate

Zeke: 868 carries, 4.66 ypc, .032td per carry rate

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

First 3 seasons:

Dig those heels in.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Dig those heels in.

open mouth...swallow the stats on the spoon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

First 3 seasons:

Ehhh I think I give up. JStew had the potential to be a stud. He got hurt too much and it never happened. I don't wanna talk about him anymore.

7 hours ago, BrianM said:

This is what's jumping out for me.   A team like Philly wouldn't match this?   I assumed he'd get a two year deal with no bonus money and little guaranteed: I.E. the team takes a chance on him, has the safety net to cut him if they so choose, but they get him for a bonus year for somewhat cheap since they took the risk.    On this Cleveland deal, he's stil a restricted FA so its not like a one year deal frees him up to go anywhere.  

Wondering if his representatives got wind that he's gonna get more than the 6-8 games most are expecting, so he just took whatever he could get

Why would he take a 2yr deal?

A 1yr deal is perfect because it matches his 2020 RFA year, which means he is going to make more than he would if he stayed in KC. Salary wise as a Brown he is already making more  given that for 2019 his KC contract would have paid him $600k, which still will be pro rated by suspension.

Bell-Ingram-Coleman are going to establish what the new valuation will be for rb's this offseason.

I'm not sure why people are confused about this is a perfect win win for both sides barring injury or he just plain sucks as a player.

Teams have four different tender options they can place on their restricted free agent:

First-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a first-round selection if it opts not to match the deal.
Second-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a second-round selection if it opts not to match the deal.
Original-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a selection equal to the round the player was originally selected in if it opts not to match the deal.
Right of first refusal: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal. The team will not receive any compensation if it opts not to match another deal.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Why would he take a 2yr deal?

A 1yr deal is perfect because it matches his 2020 RFA year, which means he is going to make more than he would if he stayed in KC. Salary wise as a Brown he is already making more  given that for 2019 his KC contract would have paid him $600k, which still will be pro rated by suspension.

Bell-Ingram-Coleman are going to establish what the new valuation will be for rb's this offseason.

I'm not sure why people are confused about this is a perfect win win for both sides barring injury or he just plain sucks as a player.

Teams have four different tender options they can place on their restricted free agent:

First-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a first-round selection if it opts not to match the deal.
Second-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a second-round selection if it opts not to match the deal.
Original-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a selection equal to the round the player was originally selected in if it opts not to match the deal.
Right of first refusal: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal. The team will not receive any compensation if it opts not to match another deal.

All of that ^ 1 year deal benefit conjecture for Hunt is great...*if he had signed a deal where he could show 3-down back production.

9 minutes ago, psygolf said:

All of that ^ 1 year deal benefit conjecture for Hunt is great...*if he had signed a deal where he could show 3-down back production.

Why would he get paid like a 3 down rb if he won't be a 3 down rb this season?

You're not making any logical sense.

An every down back shows up ready to play for every down starting week 1.

Hunt will not be available to play from weeks 1-12 if the rumors are true. Maybe not even able to practice 

You do realize that his salary counts against the team cap? So why would a team pay him 5-10mm?

Win win for browns and Hunt

Let it go dude. . .:lol:

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Why would he get paid like a 3 down rb if he won't be a 3 down rb this season?

You're not making any logical sense.

An every down back shows up ready to play for every down starting week 1.

Hunt will not be available to play from weeks 1-12 if the rumors are true. Maybe not even able to practice 

You do realize that his salary counts against the team cap? So why would a team pay him 5-10mm?

Win win for browns and Hunt

Let it go dude. . .:lol:

smh...I said IF he had signed with a team that could showcase him, he did not sign with that team.

By choosing the Browns, unless Chubb gets hurt, Hunt just kicked his opportunity to maximize his payday during his prime years down the street...possible never to return.

3 minutes ago, psygolf said:

smh...I said IF he had signed with a team that could showcase him, he did not sign with that team.

By choosing the Browns, unless Chubb gets hurt, Hunt just kicked his opportunity to maximize his payday during his prime years down the street...possible never to return.

Again your logic makes no sense 

In KC Hunt was on a 4yr $3mm rookie contract

2019 he is on a 1yr 1mm contract, in KC he would have made $660k

He will be a RFA in 2020 in a position to make millions, if he was in KC he would have made $700k in 2020,

He is in the commish exempt list which means no one except the commish has a clue when he can practice and play in 2019.

Playing for the Browns does not hurt him in RFA because teams already have 1.75 worth of tape of him as a lead rb to evaluate him. 

Dorsey took the risk because he has the time to rebuild, salary cap and money to burn on a lottery ticket; which many cap hurt teams can't afford to do

Assuming he will actually play at some point this season, he's not kicking his payday down the street he is accelerating it literally by 1yr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Again your logic makes no sense 

In KC Hunt was on a 4yr $3mm rookie contract

2019 he is on a 1yr 1mm contract, in KC he would have made $660k

He will be a RFA in 2020 in a position to make millions, if he was in KC he would have made $700k in 2020,

He is in the commish exempt list which means no one except the commish has a clue when he can practice and play in 2019.

Playing for the Browns does not hurt him in RFA because teams already have 1.75 worth of tape of him as a lead rb to evaluate him. 

Dorsey took the risk because he has the time to rebuild, salary cap and money to burn on a lottery ticket; which many cap hurt teams can't afford to do

Assuming he will actually play at some point this season, he's not kicking his payday down the street he is accelerating it literally by 1yr

You keep talking like he’ll be a starting rb in ‘19

And without knowing the contract specs...(unless it was a $999,999 signing bonus) is he really making $1m in ‘19?

Just now, psygolf said:

You keep talking like he’ll be a starting rb in ‘19

WRONG! :lol:

1. he is a pro bowl record setting rb with 1.75 seasons under his belt so nothing to question in terms of his talent

2. he will be 24yrs old as a RFA

3. He is a reid/dorsey  drafted rb they traded up in the 3rd to get

4. 2019 will be his rehabilitation of public image year which means he stays out of trouble and becomes an advocate for the local homeless and domestic violence shelters

5. He had 1 FUMBLE his entire pro career.

I'm talking like he will be a starting rb in 2020 assuming dorsey doesnt decide to squeeze that RFA option and turn his backfield into a freeman/coleman situation. Even if he does he will have to match a multi-million tender offer. And he has chubb on his cheap rookie deal through 2021  :lol:

11 minutes ago, psygolf said:

And without knowing the contract specs...(unless it was a $999,999 signing bonus) is he really making $1m in ‘19?

Framework of contract  is already known he gets league min salary which about 600-700k  to count against the cap and a bunch of roster and signing bonuses that put him over $1mm. Nothing is guaranteed which gives CLE the out in case league decision sinks his entire season.

Let it go dude, youre out of air just inhale the water :lol:

28 minutes ago, dashoe said:

WRONG! :lol:

1. he is a pro bowl record setting rb with 1.75 seasons under his belt so nothing to question in terms of his talent

2. he will be 24yrs old as a RFA

3. He is a reid/dorsey  drafted rb they traded up in the 3rd to get

4. 2019 will be his rehabilitation of public image year which means he stays out of trouble and becomes an advocate for the local homeless and domestic violence shelters

5. He had 1 FUMBLE his entire pro career.

I'm talking like he will be a starting rb in 2020 assuming dorsey doesnt decide to squeeze that RFA option and turn his backfield into a freeman/coleman situation. Even if he does he will have to match a multi-million tender offer. And he has chubb on his cheap rookie deal through 2021  :lol:

Pardon the question...but what NFL record did he set?

Edited by psygolf

11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Framework of contract  is already known he gets league min salary which about 600-700k  to count against the cap and a bunch of roster and signing bonuses that put him over $1mm. Nothing is guaranteed which gives CLE the out in case league decision sinks his entire season.

Let it go dude, youre out of air just inhale the water :lol:

So he’ll get paid for during that incoming 6-12 game suspension?

He’s got a great agent!

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

So he’ll get paid for during that incoming 6-12 game suspension?

He’s got a great agent!

you dont get paid for the suspension, it's pro rated, same would have happened if he stayed in KC, pro rated.

Obviously u have a lot of opinion but you dont research the issues you strongly opine about :lol:

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

you dont get paid for the suspension, it's pro rated, same would have happened if he stayed in KC, pro rated.

Obviously u have a lot of opinion but you dont research the issues you strongly opine about :lol:

You’re the one claiming he’ll make $1m this year.

9 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Pardon the question...but what record did he set!

I think you can take the time and use google if you really want to know the answer :lol:

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

You’re the one claiming he’ll make $1m this year.

Just let go bro, the water is warm. . .:lol:

Just now, dashoe said:

I think you can take the time and use google if you really want to know the answer :lol:

You mean the random 3 game span records?  Love that building section in Canton!