Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

Just now, dashoe said:

Just let go bro, the water is warm. . .:lol:

I think you’re arguing with yourself...again.

I think it's win-win for both sides (pending he goes to another team in 2020. If he stats in Cleveland going forward sharing with Chubb, he will have hurt himself by signing with Cleveland.

Edited by ThreadKiller

Seems about right.    I'm not really gonna consider him in my redraft leagues, but I'm wondering where's the right round to pounce in a keeper.   

Just think, he already sat out 5 games last year...could get it appealed to 6 and only sit out the first game 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Just think, he already sat out 5 games last year...could get it appealed to 6 and only sit out the first game 

He's already accepted the suspension and will not be appealing. This is 8 games in 2019 plus the 5 from 2018 on the exempt list, so a 13 game suspension.

Edited by FISH20

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

He's already accepted the suspension and will not be appealing. This is 8 games in 2019 plus the 5 from 2018 on the exempt list, so a 13 game suspension.

You got the sauce?

nvm, I found one.

Wow, hunt got screwed on this one. Basically sitting out a full year...

Edited by bhawks489

Just now, bhawks489 said:

You got the sauce?

Yes, his agent

1 minute ago, FISH20 said:

Yes, his agent

I meant link but nevermind 

Just now, bhawks489 said:

I meant link but nevermind 

It's all over twitter. I even think the NFL statement says Hunt has accepted the 8 games

I am not touching Hunt in my redraft leagues. If he's a free agent I may try to pick him up around week 5. In my keeper leagues, I'd have to think hard about him having enough value in 2020 to lose a roster spot for most of 2019. Hunt being restricted in 2020 with Chubb around really makes it hard to gauge what his keeper value is.

2 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

It's all over twitter. I even think the NFL statement says Hunt has accepted the 8 games

I don't have twitter so I usually get the twitter news second hand. 🤣

I think it's a bit rough considering he's already done time but oh well. Looks like he could be a good late round target 

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

I don't have twitter so I usually get the twitter news second hand. 🤣

I think it's a bit rough considering he's already done time but oh well. Looks like he could be a good late round target 

I agree, I thought he would get some sort of credit for the 5 games served. Maybe 5 games in 2019 plus the 5 games from 2018 (10 total).

Twitter is a great news source for the NFL, especially during free agency time. I don't use it to "tweet"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

You got the sauce?

nvm, I found one.

Wow, hunt got screwed on this one. Basically sitting out a full year...

Wasn’t He released from the Chiefs so basically he wasn’t suspended for those 5 games 

This is among the most irresponsible Rotoworld blurbs I've ever seen posted:

"Hunt will not appeal the ban after being caught on video beating up a woman at a hotel."

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

I am not touching Hunt in my redraft leagues. If he's a free agent I may try to pick him up around week 5. In my keeper leagues, I'd have to think hard about him having enough value in 2020 to lose a roster spot for most of 2019. Hunt being restricted in 2020 with Chubb around really makes it hard to gauge what his keeper value is.

With the picks I have right now, I'd probably have to take him in mine at 37 overall.  My three picks after that right now all go to keepers, and I dont see him getting into the 7th round. 

Just now, shakestreet said:

Wasn’t He released from the Chiefs so basically he wasn’t suspended for those 5 games 

He was on the exempt list so that's basically worse than a suspension, no? Either way he was docked pay and fired

I don't last year's missed games can count, because the Chiefs cut him.     If I'm wrong, anyone who can confirm weigh in.  Either way, doesn't matter as it seems fairly firm that he's gone til November. 

1 minute ago, BrianM said:

I don't last year's missed games can count, because the Chiefs cut him.     If I'm wrong, anyone who can confirm weigh in.  Either way, doesn't matter as it seems fairly firm that he's gone til November. 

They do not count. 

He is damn lucky he is getting a second chance. 

So what's his value in a redraft this year or even a best ball draft?  I'm thinking in redraft any time after round 10 might be worthwhile if I have a few other good backs to get me through the first half of the season.  Best ball maybe around the same, could provide some big weeks 2nd half of the year.

1 minute ago, dschddny said:

So what's his value in a redraft this year or even a best ball draft?  I'm thinking in redraft any time after round 10 might be worthwhile if I have a few other good backs to get me through the first half of the season.  Best ball maybe around the same, could provide some big weeks 2nd half of the year.

Buying in keeper/dynasty. 

Redraft it will depend how the draft goes, he will have to ride the bench for awhile 

6 minutes ago, BrianM said:

He was on the exempt list, even after being cut. It's basically another way to suspend a player, so while it might not be called a suspension it is the same thing. You do get paid while on the exempt list though.

He has an agent, part of his job is negotiating with the league about whether the games should count while on the exempt list (similar to what Winston's agent did last year). Since he got cut, he was not getting paid but even if he was getting paid he could negotiating paying back those games in the form of a fine. I believe one player did that 2 or 3 years ago (maybe it was AP).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dschddny said:

In a redraft league, are you willing to lose a roster spot for 9-10 weeks (he won't come back in week 9 and get a full work load)? I think he is a free agent pick up in redraft leagues. Keeper/Dynasty leagues is a different story.

In redraft for me, I have at minimum 3 running backs on my roster before I even look at him, four backs if there's still talent out there whenever i take my 4th.   In auction, maybe he's worth 5-7 bucks, not much more.   

John Dorsey won again.

He doesnt get to pay Hunt his pro rated money until week9 and he will have an all pro rb  as insurance against a chubb injury with fresh legs ready for a playoff run.  Also means he may keep Duke on the roster too