Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

14 minutes ago, BrianM said:

In redraft for me, I have at minimum 3 running backs on my roster before I even look at him, four backs if there's still talent out there whenever i take my 4th.   In auction, maybe he's worth 5-7 bucks, not much more.   

Ok so in a PPR, I'll throw out some other RB's that may be around his range - do you take all of these ahead of Hunt?

Penny

McCoy

Breida

Royce Freeman

Ekeler

Hines

Dion Lewis

Duke Johnson

Just now, dschddny said:

Ok so in a PPR, I'll throw out some other RB's that may be around his range - do you take all of these ahead of Hunt?

Penny

McCoy

Breida

Royce Freeman

Ekeler

Hines

Dion Lewis

Duke Johnson

Good range- that's about right where he fits I think.   I like Penny, McCoy, and Ekeler more than Hunt right now, and Duke depends on where he lands.    The rest- I like Hunt better.   

5 minutes ago, dschddny said:

Penny

McCoy

Breida

Royce Freeman

Ekeler

Hines

Dion Lewis

Duke Johnson

I take anyone who is going to be on the field  and n a position to start for 8 games over hunt,  bench space is scarce.  Hunt is a very weak cuff who's value increases  as each week expires

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I take anyone who is going to be on the field  and n a position to start for 8 games over hunt,  bench space is scarce.  Hunt is a very weak cuff who's value increases  as each week expires

So you'd take all of those over Hunt, even Ekeler?  Those 8 games that Hunt misses, if Mel Gordon is healthy, maybe Ekeler has 3 good/useable weeks.  I'd go Hunt and wait for the value for the 2nd half.

15 minutes ago, dschddny said:

Penny

McCoy

Breida

Royce Freeman

Ekeler

Hines

Dion Lewis

Duke Johnson

Hunt is a player in redraft that you know right off the bat will not be startable for at least 11 weeks, and likely a few weeks after that. At the same time, he will be eating a roster spot during bye weeks. Does that sound like a player to target in redraft leagues?

Ekeler's been a pretty productive player even when Gordon's in the lineup.     He was a crucial glue man on a title team I had last year.    

If I see any value in a guy, I'm taking him over Hunt.   Guys like Lewis and Breida are ones I struggle to find a narrative that makes me want to have them on my team, so Hunt beats those guys out.   

1 minute ago, dschddny said:

So you'd take all of those over Hunt, even Ekeler?  Those 8 games that Hunt misses, if Mel Gordon is healthy, maybe Ekeler has 3 good/useable weeks.  I'd go Hunt and wait for the value for the 2nd half.

8 games, plus the bye week, so Hunt can start practicing with the Browns until after week 9. He will slowly be worked back in to game shape after not playing for almost 12 months. So it will be week 11-13 before you can even think about starting Hunt.

On the flip side, Ekeler has value in a PPR even if Gordon is healthy, but if Gordon gets hurt (which he does every year) you have a good RB2.

3 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

Hunt is a player in redraft that you know right off the bat will not be startable for at least 11 weeks, and likely a few weeks after that. At the same time, he will be eating a roster spot during bye weeks. Does that sound like a player to target in redraft leagues?

I certainly won't target him, but at the very back end of my draft, I'd rather take him as a lottery ticket than a guy I wouldnt really trust even if he was getting touches.   Personal preference.     Don't misinterpret this as me saying I plan to go after Hunt- i really doubt he even cracks my roster anywhere.  

5 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I certainly won't target him, but at the very back end of my draft, I'd rather take him as a lottery ticket than a guy I wouldnt really trust even if he was getting touches.   Personal preference.     Don't misinterpret this as me saying I plan to go after Hunt- i really doubt he even cracks my roster anywhere.  

Sure, I'd probably add him as one of the last guys on my roster as a lotto ticket too but most of those guys get cut if they don't hit in the first 3 weeks. We already know Hunt won't hit until after week 10. I'd assume Hunt gets cut on most teams for a sleeper that pops up or for bye week fillers.

34 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Agree with this. That roster spot is invaluable in stashing potential breakouts and even backup rbs who would take over a lead role in the event of injury.

If it was 4-6 games I’d consider him. But 8 is massive, essentially 2/3 the fantasy regular season. As well your also banking on the value if Chubb is hurt or forgets how to run, because otherwise he’s not gonna be the volume guy he was in KC

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

Sure, I'd probably add him as one of the last guys on my roster as a lotto ticket too but most of those guys get cut if they don't hit in the first 3 weeks. We already know Hunt won't hit until after week 10. I'd assume Hunt gets cut on most teams for a sleeper that pops up or for bye week fillers.

Yep, true, tough to keep him on a shallow roster.    I have a 10 team league, I dont see that working there for that reason- there's a short bench, and there's also more available backs so there's more opportunity cost to go for Hunt.

Yeah I see the points made about his value being very limited in redraft.  Comparing him to Zeke's suspension year, that year it was less games for Zeke (6 was it?)  and you knew when Zeke played he was THE GUY, as opposed to Hunt who when he comes back will be sharing the workload with Chubb.  Now I'd say very late round pick at best in redraft, maybe slightly more valuable in best ball.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'd rather have Hunt than a WR2. I'd draft him in round 7

WRs are so much easier to replace. 7 seems early but I wouldn't wait too long since someone will grab him in the draft 

Got Hunt (5th rnd) and Chubb (WW) in a keeper league I feel both are worth keeping for at least cuffing purpose. Hunt will be well rested and if Duke is gone he'll get good snaps

59 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

WRs are so much easier to replace. 7 seems early but I wouldn't wait too long since someone will grab him in the draft 

It's an interesting thought. I could envision a scenario where you go RB, RB, WR, QB, TE, WR, then Hunt round 7. Someone will reach to make sure they get him. So many hot names at draft time won't even be relevant come week 8, why take a gamble like that when a fresh Kareem Hunt will be healthy coming into a high octane offense. Not to mention if Chubb gets dinged up Hunt would be a league winner.

• Like 1

Anyone thinking about buying both Chubb and Hunt and playing both by season's end? If I end up with Chubb in the 2nd round, I'm thinking of aiming for hunt later. Ride Chubb for the first 8 weeks and play both after that if they're both seeing the field regularly. Something similar to Melvin Gordon and Ekeler, they combined for 40-50+ points per game when they both were fit last year, I sometimes started both last season! Could a Browns RB platoon put up those numbers by season's end? Could be a nice base score every week coming in to playoffs. Or should platoons be avoided? This is only my second season at fantasy so I don't know

16 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

Anyone thinking about buying both Chubb and Hunt and playing both by season's end? If I end up with Chubb in the 2nd round, I'm thinking of aiming for hunt later. Ride Chubb for the first 8 weeks and play both after that if they're both seeing the field regularly.

not a lot of talk here regarding hunt's use or usefulness once chubb has established dominance for eight weeks, or the possibility of hunt doing something royally stupid during his suspension period. his stupidity off the field isn't something we can divine, yet it's not something to ignore. has the kid learned his lesson? who can say. have young / talented players screwed up and returned? absolutely. have some players screwed up and screwed up again, and then screwed up again? he'll have a lot of time on his hands during those 8 weeks... the thread is talking about where to draft hunt, some reaching, some saying 7th round, and certainly comparing hunt to who's available is key; but how do you feel about taking a stab at hunt, waiting 8 full weeks, hoping he doesn't screw up, dropping other players during bye weeks because you're holding onto hunt (now praying he doesn't screw up), and yet still thinking he'll return to join chubb in a meaningful time-share beneficial to both RBs? if anyone is expecting to draft hunt late and then have him take over as an RB1, i'm thinking that owner lives in a state where marijuana is legal for recreational purposes.

020218-kareem-hunt-primary-400x300.jpg

7 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

not a lot of talk here regarding hunt's use or usefulness once chubb has established dominance for eight weeks, or the possibility of hunt doing something royally stupid during his suspension period. his stupidity off the field isn't something we can divine, yet it's not something to ignore. has the kid learned his lesson? who can say. have young / talented players screwed up and returned? absolutely. have some players screwed up and screwed up again, and then screwed up again? he'll have a lot of time on his hands during those 8 weeks... the thread is talking about where to draft hunt, some reaching, some saying 7th round, and certainly comparing hunt to who's available is key; but how do you feel about taking a stab at hunt, waiting 8 full weeks, hoping he doesn't screw up, dropping other players during bye weeks because you're holding onto hunt (now praying he doesn't screw up), and yet still thinking he'll return to join chubb in a meaningful time-share beneficial to both RBs? if anyone is expecting to draft hunt late and then have him take over as an RB1, i'm thinking that owner lives in a state where marijuana is legal for recreational purposes.

020218-kareem-hunt-primary-400x300.jpg

Seems like you were burned by Hunt last year. Any player can get in trouble between now and week 9.

24 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Seems like you were burned by Hunt last year. Any player can get in trouble between now and week 9.

That's correct, but other players aren't one night club fight away from a year long suspension. And Hunt is much more likely to repeat then say Todd Gurley or Chris Carson.

1 minute ago, FISH20 said:

That's correct, but other players aren't one night club fight away from a year long suspension. And Hunt is much more likely to repeat then say Todd Gurley or Chris Carson.

Right, most are one joint away from a lifetime ban 😂

2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

no. not burned.

just skeptical about drafting an RB entering a new scheme, new team, behind a solid young RB, and suspended for 8 weeks due to domestic violence during a drunken night in a hotel hallway, reserving two months of bench space through bye weeks with the hopes that he'll enter into immediate relevancy as soon as he returns in week 9.

tumblr_mfq4zloa9M1rfkogxo1_250.gif

7 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

no. not burned.

just skeptical about drafting an RB entering a new scheme, new team, behind a solid young RB, and suspended for 8 weeks due to domestic violence during a drunken night in a hotel hallway, reserving two months of bench space through bye weeks with the hopes that he'll enter into immediate relevancy as soon as he returns in week 9.

Disregarding anything said by someone who thinks hunts situation is domestic violence.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

no. not burned.

It wasnt domestic violence, it was a random female that was partying with him and she used a racial slur against him which obviously triggered him to violence. She wasnt his girlfriend, in a relationship  or cohabitated with him.

So at best it was harrassment or assault if the KC police felt it was aggravated assault or battery they would have arrested him that night based on all of the statements given by the witnesses. The actual person assaulted or battered was his friend who was blocking him or holding him back, he  was pushed to the ground.

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

It wasnt domestic violence, it was a random female that was partying with him and she used a racial slur against him which obviously triggered him to violence. She wasnt his girlfriend, in a relationship  or cohabitated with him.

So at best it was harrassment or assault if the KC police felt it was aggravated assault or battery they would have arrested him that night based on all of the statements given by the witnesses. The actual person assaulted or battered was his friend who was blocking him or holding him back, he  was pushed to the ground.

Finally someone who actually knows the definition, lol