Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

45 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

What if he is your keeper?

Depends on your keeper settings.  I have a league where you keep 1 guy for only 1 year in the round he was acquired.  Guice wasn't picked up till November because roster spots are that valuable.

59 minutes ago, SurlyRobot said:

I read them, and you left out the victim's version which is what lead people to the conclusion you're taking his side which I've tried explaining to you a few times here. If you don't want to accept her story fine, but don't act shocked when people point that out.

Dude why are you going on about taking sides when none are taken?

You are spreading misinformation because you have a bias and you obviously don't know the facts

The facts are:

1.the victim wanted to press charges and she wanted police to look at the hotel surveillance. The police could not do that because they didnt have a warrant to get the footage. The victim was told she could pursue charges by filing with the city prosecutor.   All of this is on camera. She chose not to file charges with the proesecutor. 

2. A witness in Hunts group gave a statement to police the victim used a racial slur

3. Everyone admits there was an altercation however the extent was unknown until video was obtained by a celeb gossip site

So once again slur->violence->police investigation does not equal domestic violence, instead it was ASSAULT,  which was my point.  There is no side and no need for the victims story as you claim. These are the official facts. 👈

On 3/18/2019 at 10:24 AM, Lord_Varys said:

Here's the deal:

You should not be drafting Kareem Hunt at all unless you're in a 14-team league or in a 10-12 man league with tons of bench spots.

Hunt's suspended through Week 8.  Week 9, you're not starting him.  Say he comes out and looks OK.  It's not until Week 10 that you can even THINK about putting this guy into your active roster.  And then what?  You think he's gonna be the Browns starting running back?  He'll be an RB2 at best as the 1b in a timeshare, and even that upside won't be reached until Week 12 or so.  Best case scenario.

Tons of people are gonna hold onto this dead weight all year and miss out on the James Conner / Alvin Kamara late round pickups because they don't want to let go.  Roster spots are too valuable.  Just... don't do it.

I love the idea of getting Hunt as a Chubb owner in keeper leagues. You get Chubb as an RB1, plus a killer handcuff for the second half of the season in case Chubb gets hurt, and you might even be able to start both, using Hunt as an RB2/3/Flex type along with Chubb for the final few weeks if necessary. Then there’s a great chance Hunt is the starter somewhere else in 2020, or maybe even traded before the deadline this year. 

5 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

Depends on your keeper settings.  I have a league where you keep 1 guy for only 1 year in the round he was acquired.  Guice wasn't picked up till November because roster spots are that valuable.

I don't think Hunt is valuable enough to be kept in keeper leagues. In Dynasty formats probably, but most dynasty leagues keep most, or all, of their roster.

12 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I love the idea of getting Hunt as a Chubb owner in keeper leagues. You get Chubb as an RB1, plus a killer handcuff for the second half of the season in case Chubb gets hurt, and you might even be able to start both, using Hunt as an RB2/3/Flex type along with Chubb for the final few weeks if necessary. Then there’s a great chance Hunt is the starter somewhere else in 2020, or maybe even traded before the deadline this year. 

I guess...if you can get Hunt for virtually nothing.  Still, I would probably rather use that roster spot on a player who will be active all season.  2020 and beyond?  We don't even know yet if Hunt will successfully make it back to where he was.  Don't tell this to Le'Veon Bell, but sitting out for 15 or 16 games in a row is normally not too good for a player's career.

17 hours ago, urban2014 said:

What if he is your keeper?

If Hunt is your keeper, it's time to find a different keeper.

44 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I guess...if you can get Hunt for virtually nothing.  Still, I would probably rather use that roster spot on a player who will be active all season.  2020 and beyond?  We don't even know yet if Hunt will successfully make it back to where he was.  Don't tell this to Le'Veon Bell, but sitting out for 15 or 16 games in a row is normally not too good for a player's career.

That would be more  likely if you are speaking of a 30yr rb but not a 23yr old rb. As long as they are healthy and talented they will be used.

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

That would be more  likely if you are speaking of a 30yr rb but not a 23yr old rb. As long as they are healthy and talented they will be used.

What? You actually think they will utilize the once leading rusher? He's going to rot in JAIL

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What? You actually think they will utilize the once leading rusher? He's going to rot in JAIL

I have seen nothing to indicate that Hunt will have to go to jail, at least not yet.  If he keeps trying to solve all of life's problems with his fists, he may land there eventually.

Since I mostly focus on redraft, Hunt is a super easy player to avoid for me in 2019.  As stated, once he serves his 8 gamer, how long will it take to get up to speed?  Probably by the time the fantasy portion of the season is pretty much over.