Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Don't know how the liberal paradise of Chicago would feel signing a woman beater. 

In your opinion, what cities would be more welcoming to one-?

4 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

I see Chicago moving Howard and signing Hunt

Hunt's new market price-?

His career is over and he won't find another gig.  NFL fought hard to get rid of that notion that they accept domestic abusers like Ray Rice.  Whenever there's video on one of these charges, you're absolutely F'ed.  Sorry to any Hunt dynasty owners here.

On 1/12/2019 at 1:24 PM, kdko said:

His career is over and he won't find another gig.  NFL fought hard to get rid of that notion that they accept domestic abusers like Ray Rice.  Whenever there's video on one of these charges, you're absolutely F'ed.  Sorry to any Hunt dynasty owners here.

Agreed, he ain't coming back

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Agreed, he ain't coming back

Come on man. Rice was 30 and in the twilight of his career. Hunt is 23

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Come on man. Rice was 30 and in the twilight of his career. Hunt is 23

If Ray Rice was 23 he would have played again. He wasn’t worth the headache to NFL owners as he had clearly lost a step and was at the age where RBs fall off a cliff. Hunt will find teams willing to give him a chance. 

• Like 2

Lollll, Rice has gone on a world tour of a campaign advocating against domestic abuse, etc.  What has Hunt done in comparison?  You think if he signed to a team next year it would really look like he regrets his actions?  That screams that he hasn't learned crap.  You guys have to think bigger than you are.

It took Foster like a day after getting out from behind bars to sign a fresh contract

3 hours ago, BMcP said:

It took Foster like a day after getting out from behind bars to sign a fresh contract

Was there a video of his crime that's gone around every news outlet and website and will persist on forever?  There's a huge difference in that, and what happens with someone like Ray Rice and Kareem Hunt.

14 minutes ago, kdko said:

Was there a video of his crime that's gone around every news outlet and website and will persist on forever?  There's a huge difference in that, and what happens with someone like Ray Rice and Kareem Hunt.

I agree - and that’s really sad.  And with the state of modern-day video editing, it opens up a whole array of possibilities for unfairly ruining a player’s career who was not actually guilty of abuse.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

I agree - and that’s really sad.  And with the state of modern-day video editing, it opens up a whole array of possibilities for unfairly ruining a player’s career who was not actually guilty of abuse.

It's EXTREMELY hard to edit a video and not have someone figure out it is edited. Even with modern video editing there are still ways to make out that a video is fake. Sure, to the naked eye at first glance it may look real but it won't take long for someone to break it down and find flaws.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

It's EXTREMELY hard to edit a video and not have someone figure out it is edited. Even with modern video editing there are still ways to make out that a video is fake. Sure, to the naked eye at first glance it may look real but it won't take long for someone to break it down and find flaws.

I work with video forensic experts who perform this sort of analysis regularly.  It’s quite possible to create modified video that will appear authentic to an inexpert eye.

28 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I work with video forensic experts who perform this sort of analysis regularly.  It’s quite possible to create modified video that will appear authentic to an inexpert eye.

Well that's my point. To a regular folk it'll appear authentic. However, once you make legal allegations experts will analyze every frame of that video. Then you are in deep s--- when it is exposed as fake.

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Well that's my point. To a regular folk it'll appear authentic. However, once you make legal allegations experts will analyze every frame of that video. Then you are in deep s--- when it is exposed as fake.

True - provided the general public can erase what they’ve seen and trust instead in the words of a forensic expert.

37 minutes ago, BMcP said:

True - provided the general public can erase what they’ve seen and trust instead in the words of a forensic expert.

It's sort of an irrelevant discussion (or at least fairly academic) in that unfortunately there are plenty NFL stars who take the violence of the game back home or to the club, and generally these allegations are backed up from various sides.

You're not wrong that there will be a moment when Joe Public (ie us) cannot fully trust video anymore (and that moment may already be here), but the bigger problem the NFL has to solve is to raise awareness among young athletes that "with great power comes great responsibility" - you cannot go around punching people in the face, no matter how annoying they are, no matter how racist or obnoxious or ex-girlfriend they are.

It's also somewhat irrelevant to the question of Hunt's future or 2019 outlook, I think. By now it's clear he's done enough @#$%^&*() to warrant a suspension, so the only question is, when a team shows up for him, what is the NFL going to do? Or did all owners get a secret text message saying "just forget about picking up Hunt"?

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 2:24 PM, kdko said:

Yeah, you’re wrong. If a guy can play and help a team win, he will get another chance. Hunt is back starting in the league next year.

6 hours ago, kdko said:

And Joe Mixon?

1 hour ago, petekrum said:

And Joe Mixon?

I think it's a different situation. From what I read, I think Mixon really tried (for years) to learn from that, and in the end he managed even to "resolve" it with the girl:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19212007/former-oklahoma-sooners-rb-joe-mixon-reaches-civil-settlement-agreement-amelia-molitor

"I am happy we were able to bring the lawsuit to an end," Molitor said in the statement. "Joe and I were able to meet privately, without any attorneys, and talk about our experiences since that night. I am encouraged that we will both be able to move forward from here with our lives.

"From our private discussions I am satisfied that we are going to put this behind us and work towards helping others who may have found themselves in similar circumstances. I greatly appreciate his apology and I think the feelings he expressed were sincere. We both could have handled things differently. I believe if we had a chance to go back to that moment in time, the situation would not have ended the way it did."

There is of course another difference that for Mixon it seems to be a one-time situation.

Back to Hunt. I think it's concerning (maybe typical) that the NFL has not spoken out, so from a fantasy standpoint, we don't know what we are looking at. 

4 hours ago, petekrum said:

And Joe Mixon?

Wasn't an employee of the NFL.

15 hours ago, kdko said:

Lollll, Rice has gone on a world tour of a campaign advocating against domestic abuse, etc.  What has Hunt done in comparison?  You think if he signed to a team next year it would really look like he regrets his actions?  That screams that he hasn't learned crap.  You guys have to think bigger than you are.

Actually u are sort of missing some key points. The Ray Rice situation was about the NFL not handling his situation inappropriately to the point where it felt like a cover up or simply not caring.  The majority was not calling for Ray to be banned from football, the outcry was that his sentence was not sufficient and every misstep step Goodell took simply amplified the issue until Ray became too toxic to salvage. as the Poster Boy of domestic violence. Goodell botched it from the outset. Also toss into the mix it was Rices significant other and mother of his children and that affects public perception  more than Hunt and a perceived party girl.

Hunt was suspended immediately and he went tnto counseling and community service.

Significant difference and outcomes.

Buy him cheap in dynasty

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Actually u are sort of missing some key points. The Ray Rice situation was about the NFL not handling his situation inappropriately to the point where it felt like a cover up or simply not caring.  The majority was not calling for Ray to be banned from football, the outcry was that his sentence was not sufficient and every misstep step Goodell took simply amplified the issue until Ray became too toxic to salvage. as the Poster Boy of domestic violence. Goodell botched it from the outset. Also toss into the mix it was Rices significant other and mother of his children and that affects public perception  more than Hunt and a perceived party girl.

Hunt was suspended immediately and he went tnto counseling and community service.

Significant difference and outcomes.

Buy him cheap in dynasty

So if Hunt plays a down next season his sentence will have been sufficient?  And Hunt didn't try to cover up his own situation when discussing what happened with the KC staff?  Or how about coming on TV saying that 'he deserves forgiveness.'?  Riiiiiiight.  Sounds like he's showing no remorse for his actions, and that he has a lot of growing up to do.  He's only sorry he got caught.  Guy is a piece of crap, and not worth the headache given that video's everywhere and the negative attention he'll bring with him.  RB's are expendable.  

7 minutes ago, kdko said:

So if Hunt plays a down next season his sentence will have been sufficient?  And Hunt didn't try to cover up his own situation when discussing what happened with the KC staff?  Or how about coming on TV saying that 'he deserves forgiveness.'?  Riiiiiiight.  Sounds like he's showing no remorse for his actions, and that he has a lot of growing up to do.  He's only sorry he got caught.  Guy is a piece of crap, and not worth the headache given that video's everywhere and the negative attention he'll bring with him.  RB's are expendable.  

If Hunt plays a down next season then your entire position is null and void..  The only point that is relevant is will he play next season all of the other points are noise.

• Like 1

Even if Hunt does find a new team how much of his success is a product of the offense and team?  KC has had a viable RB for years - doesn't matter who the starter is, he is usually putting up weekly top 10RB #s.  Ware, West and now Williams have all done it. Even Knile Davis had his time.

Yes Hunt has the skills and abilities but I wonder what happens if he does go to a new team/offense and how he fits in.  Having said that I'm not sure any team will pick him up for this year.  He may be done forever.

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

If Hunt plays a down next season then your entire position is null and void..  The only point that is relevant is will he play next season all of the other points are noise.

Wanna forum bet on it? :D