Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

Kareem Hunt will resume practicing Monday.

Hunt isn't eligible to return from suspension yet, though the league permits him to resume practicing two weeks prior to being activated. The former rushing champ, who has spent much of the past two months recovering from sports hernia surgery, is on track to make his Browns debut against Buffalo in Week 10. He's expected to back up Nick Chubb, who trails only league-leader Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey and Leonard Fournette in rushing yards per game.

SOURCE: clevelandbrowns.com

Oct 21, 2019, 11:00 AM ET

43 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Time to stash?

It is. Ideally it'd be nice to wait a week but we know how it goes. The second there's a blurb about a guy people start paying attention. I still feel he has no standalone value but he's a top 5 cuff. 

I still think there’s an outside chance he’s traded after they lose to the Pats next week and the browns realize they are not playing for much this year. Maybe he’s part of a Trent Williams deal, Washington could get there future rb, cause I don’t think guice  is the answer. Also Washington has already shown they don’t care about public backlash when they signed Reuben Foster.

I'd roster him if available.  I think the trade deadline is coming up soon, so you never know what might happen.

With the way Chubb is playing and the needs they have everywhere else I just can’t see Cleveland matching an offer from another team next offseason, so they essentially have him for 8 games in what looks to be a lost season. 

2 hours ago, mjb said:

I'd roster him if available.  I think the trade deadline is coming up soon, so you never know what might happen.

I dont think you can trade Hunt when he's suspended and he will come back after the suspension. He's going to finish the year as a Brown

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BRIGUY11 said:

With the way Chubb is playing and the needs they have everywhere else I just can’t see Cleveland matching an offer from another team next offseason, so they essentially have him for 8 games in what looks to be a lost season. 

howzabout a WIN/WIN here for all involved ... Hunt traded to Washington for Trent Williams. 

TIA

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BRIGUY11 said:

I still think there’s an outside chance he’s traded after they lose to the Pats next week and the browns realize they are not playing for much this year. Maybe he’s part of a Trent Williams deal, Washington could get there future rb, cause I don’t think guice  is the answer. Also Washington has already shown they don’t care about public backlash when they signed Reuben Foster.

honestly Washington should get more for a pro-bowl left tackle than a RB one more suspension from being out of the league for good. If they move Trent Williams and get anything less than at least 1 first round pick it would be disappointing. of course with a trash organization like Washington nothing would surprise me. 

• Haha 1

I really don't see the point in the Browns not trading Hunt. Especially if they lose this Sunday. Like I said in previous posts, I don't think it's outlandish to think that the Brown's signed Hunt on the cheap with the intention of flipping him before the trade deadline to an RB needy team. Then again, maybe I'm just thinking like a fantasy manager. I'm gonna make a bold trade prediction right now though: Hunt gets traded back to the Chiefs. The Dorsey connection is there with the Chiefs and they could use their old bell-cow back.

Edited by KidDynamite420
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cleveland has fallen behind in the standings but it's not a lost season yet. There's 7 upcoming games that they should be able to win realistically if they get their head out of their a**. Hunt is a fantastic, cheap insurance policy for their stud runner, and having him as a change of pace back is a luxury. There's no saying what his market is outside of Cleveland, he's still a PR nightmare. There's a scenario that could see him staying in Cleveland beyond this year, and being the best change of pace back in the league.

16 hours ago, yossarian said:

honestly Washington should get more for a pro-bowl left tackle than a RB one more suspension from being out of the league for good. If they move Trent Williams and get anything less than at least 1 first round pick it would be disappointing. of course with a trash organization like Washington nothing would surprise me. 

Definitely not straight up, hence why I said PART of a Trent Williams deal

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

I dont think you can trade Hunt when he's suspended and he will come back after the suspension. He's going to finish the year as a Brown

Pretty sure you can.  Back in 17 there was talk of Josh Gordon getting traded while he was suspended.

Fat (check)

Injured (check)

hasn't played in a year (check)

Product of the KC offense that made Damien look good (check)

Hunt won't do a damn thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr.STD said:

Fat (check)

Injured (check)

I appreciate you.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

I appreciate you.

Nah, bro, its you that should be appreciated. 

8 hours ago, Mr.STD said:

Fat (check)

Injured (check)

Where did you hear that he is overweight and injured?

There are these threads hyping up all these different rbs such example is singletary.... etc, but reality is Hunt is the real deal, true talent rb, question will be playing time and if chances of trade

On 10/21/2019 at 10:37 PM, KidDynamite420 said:

I really don't see the point in the Browns not trading Hunt. Especially if they lose this Sunday. Like I said in previous posts, I don't think it's outlandish to think that the Brown's signed Hunt on the cheap with the intention of flipping him before the trade deadline to an RB needy team. Then again, maybe I'm just thinking like a fantasy manager. I'm gonna make a bold trade prediction right now though: Hunt gets traded back to the Chiefs. The Dorsey connection is there with the Chiefs and they could use their old bell-cow back.

From ESPN article:

But after the Chiefs' first game without Hunt, Mahomes voiced more clearly than any of his teammates or coach Andy Reid the reason Hunt needed to go.

"I saw the stuff that happened,'' Mahomes said after Sunday's 40-33 win over the Raiders. "We don't do those things.''

Not going to happen. Mahomes said that and that is the end of discussion. The triple threat of Mahomes/Hill/Hunt was nice while it lasted though. Almost as lethal as the Greatest Show on Turf. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Where did you hear that he is overweight and injured?

From a voice in their head telling them made up narratives to suit their bias.

There is literally no credible source, or even bottom feeder rumour mill, indicating he's still injured let alone fat. If anything, the opposite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sartorialism said:

There is literally no credible source, or even bottom feeder rumour mill, indicating he's still injured let alone fat. If anything, the opposite.

Yeah I mean it'll probably take him a couple of weeks to get in game shape and up to speed with the offense but the only thing impeding him will be Chubb.