Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, bomont said:

So they're going to ignore their best WR in Landry?  I'm thinking not...

People are going to flock to the FA wire for this guy and it will be interesting to see how much he's worth it.  It's understandable in deeper leagues, but in smaller ones or ones with smaller rosters, maybe not, depending who you give up to get him.

Why are you talking about him in this way, like he's a JAG or some unknown entity?

People flocked to him weeks ago, in fact months ago as he was drafted in most "competitive" leagues. I'm in 6 leagues, he was drafted in all of them and dropped in only one, where i picked him up a month ago. He has 70% ownership on Yahoo and ESPN and most fantasy experts were telling their audience to check if he's available and stash him weeks ago.

I just saw a couple highlights and final stat line.

Anybody watch the full game? 

How often were both Chubb plus Hunt in the game? 

How did he look on the eye-test scale? His burst, hands, the crispiness of his routes, etc.?

1 hour ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

How did he look on the eye-test scale? His burst, hands, the crispiness of his routes, etc.?

I don't have the numbers so I am sure someone will hit us with them but having watched every play - I can say that it felt like both were out there quite often(they were on each side of Baker in shotgun during the initial series).  Chubb had some really good runs with Hunt operating as sort of a fullback(he had a few decent blocks).

I thought he looked really good. He ran hard, he seemed pretty natural catching the ball - the routes were pretty simple so there wasn't a lot I could capture from it myself.

I own him in two dynasty leagues and I was extremely happy with what I saw.  If he makes his way to another team next year, I am confident he will be a strong player.  If not, he showed me he will make noise enough weeks a year to be relevant.

• Like 1

Hunt to my eyes looked like he never left the game.  He ran hard, showed good hands....Did everything we remember him doing.

Hunt and Chubb were also out there together a lot.  I think I saw a blurb somewhere that they were out there together for like 40% of the snaps.  Hunt was lining up in the backfield with Chubb and also out wide quite a bit.

I think he can be an Ekeler type flex player moving forward....Only he's a better runner than Ekeler and not sure there is any debate there.

Really no doubt in my mind Hunt is the best "#2 RB" in the league right now. And if Chubb were to miss a game, Hunt becomes a top 5 RB.

• Like 1

They were both in at the same time quite a bit, they utilized some interesting formations to have them both on the field.. One takeaway worth noting is that it didn't have the look of a gimmicky offense unlike what we saw from Pittsburgh when they attempted to utilize two RBs.

All in all Hunt looked solid, he obviously didn't get much in the way of carries so it's hard to analyze how well he did in that aspect but from a pass catching standpoint he was used mostly as a safety valve underneath. Ideally he will help remedy that season-long issue Cleveland has had in regards to calling plays that take too long to develop.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I think he can be an Ekeler type flex player moving forward....Only he's a better runner than Ekeler and not sure there is any debate there.

Really no doubt in my mind Hunt is the best "#2 RB" in the league right now. And if Chubb were to miss a game, Hunt becomes a top 5 RB.

Hunt had alot of work in the slot as well. Thats surprising because Landry works the slot alot. If they start giving him alot of action in the slot plus 3rd downs and spelling Chubb, Hunt is going to be Ekeler on steroids.

35 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

the tally -

82% of snaps for Chubb

54% of snaps for Hunt

43% on field at same time 

Shades of Ekeler/MGIII or Edmonds/DJ earlier this year.

And they won.  A game they probably shouldn't have.

Maybe this will work.

• Thanks 1

Awesome thanks guys. 

Was tough to predict how he'd come out in his first game back, super encouraging to see him relatively effective with a good snap count in his first game. And as a few of us have noted, one of the most important elements imo is that they finally WON a game. Baker hasn't looked great this year so anything to keep the defense guessing, with two talented RBs back there, it seems like it was effective. Solid week back and let's see if he can make some noise down the stretch.

Projection: 12 pts (0.5 PPR)

Research: Last week against the Bills, Kareem Hunt made his return to the NFL after serving an 8 game suspension for domestic violence. However, unlike his past seasons with the Chiefs, Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens got him significantly more involved in the passing game, which is great news for all PPR fantasy football owners. In fact, during his 27 game tenure with the chiefs, Hunt had a total of 79 receptions, which equates to approximately 3 receptions per game. During his first game with the Browns, Hunt had a total of 7 receptions, which is more than double his career average. Although, with Nick Chubb as the primary running back, receptions will be vital to Hunt’s success, as he only saw 4 rushing attempts.

During the Wednesday weekly press conference, Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens was asked about Kareem Hunt and if he was satisfied with the amount of playing time he got. The coach responded with “yeah, I think I played him about right”. He also said that he likes how “unselfish” Kareem Hunt is as a player. Based on those responses and the outcome of the football game, it appears the coach will probably continue to use the same formula this week against the Steelers. The Steelers are ranked 6th against the run, which could be problematic for Chubb and a good opportunity for Hunt in the passing game. Until Hunt is fully integrated into the Browns system, expect him to be in the flex category range. 

• Like 1

Pitt D is rough. I think Chubb will have some hard sledding today. Does that mean that Hunt could see a lot of check downs and passes out in the flat? I'm tempted to start him but certainly a risky a proposition! 

Near identical usage from last week. Solid RB3/Flex play in PPR moving forward . Expect about 4-6 carries a game, along with 8 + targets . His floor is prolly right around 7-10 pts , with a ceiling of 15 if he gets a tuddie 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Near identical usage from last week. Solid RB3/Flex play in PPR moving forward . Expect about 4-6 carries a game, along with 8 + targets . His floor is prolly right around 7-10 pts , with a ceiling of 15 if he gets a tuddie 

He got 14 last week and 12 this week. How can his ceiling be 15 with a TD

7 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

He got 14 last week and 12 this week. How can his ceiling be 15 with a TD

Half-PPR ... which I think most folks play. Not a fan of full PPR , never have never will. It skews the value towards wide outs too much. Anyways should have clarified in my post. Moving on 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Half-PPR ... which I think most folks play. Not a fan of full PPR , never have never will. It skews the value towards wide outs too much. Anyways should have clarified in my post. Moving on 

Ahh ok. Agreed. I was confused cause you said "Solid RB3/Flex play in PPR moving forward"

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Browns' locker room on Tuesday morning:

giphy.gif

You do realize Chubb got 27 carries, right? Pretty sure Tuesday morning is going to be a regular day at work.

3 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

You do realize Chubb got 27 carries, right? Pretty sure Tuesday morning is going to be a regular day at work.

As long as Chubb doesn't have a serious injury.  

Nice PPR floor considering he just faced two tough matchups. TD and/or some decent rushing work in easier matchups could make him a RB2

1 hour ago, DoYourJob said:

RB1 if Chubb misses time

Stating the obvious. He was a RB1 in KC. He is behind a RB1 in Cleveland.

1 hour ago, DoYourJob said:

RB1 if Chubb misses time

Argument to be made for him as THE overall RB1 vs Miami next week if Chubb is out.