Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

On 1/16/2019 at 7:34 AM, slickthesmart1 said:

@petekrum

Optics are huge in the NFL nowadays. Coaches may not care, but owners do, and owners have a huge influence on whether a player signs. Like I said, it's not just this one infraction that was caught on video, they have to investigate 3 incidents, and its not looking good for hunt. Maybe he can come back, but a lot of coaches don't look at players that have been out more than a year. We'll see, maybe his suspension is short but I doubt it.

Optics are huge? And yet Rueben Foster without a tenth of the resume of Huntvis on the market for about 15 minutes before he’s signed. Sure there are some teams that will take a moral stand, but there will always be one who will take the risk. You want to know who the guy in your dynasty is that doesn’t know what he’s doing? He’s the guy trying to sell Hunt for pennies on the dollar.

3 hours ago, petekrum said:

PR nightmare,...yeah for a week or two, then he’ll start scoring TDs and nobody will care.

Yeah, people are overestimating the “moral high ground” that they think NFL teams will take. The Bears are already starting to spin the old “everyone deserves a 2nd Chance” storyline and you can bet as more clarity comes out on just how long of a suspension Hunt gets there will be more.  If Hunt was a special teams guy or 3rd on the depth chart at RB his career would be over. But he’s a stud RB who is very young. And you are right. There will be fans of whatever team he signs with that will be angry until he starts scoring TDs and rushing for 100 yards a game.  

32 minutes ago, GreatScott! said:

Yeah, people are overestimating the “moral high ground” that they think NFL teams will take. The Bears are already starting to spin the old “everyone deserves a 2nd Chance” storyline and you can bet as more clarity comes out on just how long of a suspension Hunt gets there will be more.  If Hunt was a special teams guy or 3rd on the depth chart at RB his career would be over. But he’s a stud RB who is very young. And you are right. There will be fans of whatever team he signs with that will be angry until he starts scoring TDs and rushing for 100 yards a game.  

Exactly, teams play the moral high ground card when the player in question is no longer a difference maker ala Ray Rice

• Like 1

Kareem Hunt will get a 1 year deal somewhere. He is worth the risk and can make plays. The difference though compared to players like mixon and hill is that he did this while in the NFL. I would assume he gets a 6 game at the minimum.

2 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Kareem Hunt will get a 1 year deal somewhere. He is worth the risk and can make plays. The difference though compared to players like mixon and hill is that he did this while in the NFL. I would assume he gets a 6 game at the minimum.

I would agree that 6 games is the minimum he will get. 

Multiple teams have expressed interest in Hunt, and it now appears the former Chiefsrunning back will have a job "sooner rather than later," one league source told ESPN.

The Patriots have been employing band giving 2nd and 3rd chances to thugs forever. And they’re the “can do no wrong” face of the NFL. 

15 hours ago, petekrum said:

PR nightmare,...yeah for a week or two, then he’ll start scoring TDs and nobody will care.

For a week or two??  Women activists will be protesting all season.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Yeah Hunt will be out of football a looong time

Edited by Wild Thing

4 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

The Patriots have been employing band giving 2nd and 3rd chances to thugs forever. And they’re the “can do no wrong” face of the NFL. 

lol in no way the pats are the "can do no wrong" face of the nfl. *spygate , *the dumb deflategate spectacle.

15 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

There isn't video of them doing the crime.  

And after seeing Damien Williams come in, how valuable or great is Kareem Hunt really?  It's been proven that decent backs in great systems perform like...great RB's.  Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West, now Damien Williams, etc etc.  All nobodies who came in and produced like RB1's when given the load.  Reid is a great producer at the RB position.  Look at what CJ Anderson is doing in a great Rams system.  Or Conner did in the Steelers system after Bell left.  I don't think Hunt is a top 5 back like a lot of people here seem to think.  System made him look a lot better than he is. 

Because of the Damien Williams, CJ Andersons, and James Conners...i'd be scared ****less if I was Bell's agent, or Hunts..or any RB for that matter.  Gurley got paid primo, and here comes some dude who bounced around 3 teams this year and performs just as well as he did in a 3 game stretch.  Why pay top dollar for these guys, or take a PR nightmare like repeat offender, and woman beater Hunt?

Edited by kdko

7 hours ago, youngrice said:

Yeah, and NFL teams really care about that.🙄

6 hours ago, Wild Thing said:

No, he won’t.

6 hours ago, Wild Thing said:

Free-agent RB Kareem Hunt (Chiefs) is receiving interest from multiple teams and could sign with a team in the near future, according to a source.

29 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Free-agent RB Kareem Hunt (Chiefs) is receiving interest from multiple teams and could sign with a team in the near future, according to a source.

I’m talking about the suspension he is going to receive. Someone will take a chance on him. Then the commish needs to take him off that list, then he needs to serve his suspension. So yeah I think he will be out a while.

Edited by Wild Thing

7 hours ago, petekrum said:

Yeah, and NFL teams really care about that.🙄

What rock have you been hiding under.  All teams want to avoid bad press.  The difference is a contending team getting wins will make the issue less prevalent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

I swear Goodell wanted a LA team in the supper bowl. Thanks for making a new expensive stadium.

It was the narrative all along. Get everyone behind the Rams to go after the big bad patriots. People dislike the Rams cause of the move and the NFL needs more people to jump on the bandwagon

Edited by bhawks489

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

What rock have you been hiding under.  All teams want to avoid bad press.  The difference is a contending team getting wins will make the issue less prevalent.

If teams cared about it, guys like Mixon and Hill and Foster wouldn’t keep getting jobs. They put on a big frown and pretend to care, and if you can’t play anymore, they’ll shun you under the pretense of caring, but if you can play, and Hunt can play they’ll care a lot more about winning. Hunt will catch his suspension and the minute it ends teams will be knocking on his door. This is a fact.

Nothing would make me happier than to see him back in KC

12 hours ago, kdko said:

There isn't video of them doing the crime.  

And after seeing Damien Williams come in, how valuable or great is Kareem Hunt really?  It's been proven that decent backs in great systems perform like...great RB's.  Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West, now Damien Williams, etc etc.  All nobodies who came in and produced like RB1's when given the load.  Reid is a great producer at the RB position.  Look at what CJ Anderson is doing in a great Rams system.  Or Conner did in the Steelers system after Bell left.  I don't think Hunt is a top 5 back like a lot of people here seem to think.  System made him look a lot better than he is. 

Because of the Damien Williams, CJ Andersons, and James Conners...i'd be scared ****less if I was Bell's agent, or Hunts..or any RB for that matter.  Gurley got paid primo, and here comes some dude who bounced around 3 teams this year and performs just as well as he did in a 3 game stretch.  Why pay top dollar for these guys, or take a PR nightmare like repeat offender, and woman beater Hunt?

There was video of Mixon doing it. But the outrage was nothing like what Hunt experienced when Mixon was going through the draft process and drafted by the Bengals.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

There was video of Mixon doing it. But the outrage was nothing like what Hunt experienced when Mixon was going through the draft process and drafted by the Bengals.

But mixon did fall in the draft because of it. I know the Bengals took a chance but he would have been a much higher pick without the incident.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

But mixon did fall in the draft because of it. I know the Bengals took a chance but he would have been a much higher pick without the incident.

22 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

Pat's just drafted a RB in the first round. 

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

Nothing would make me happier than to see him back in KC

I doubt that will happen, but ya never know.